Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 AM

24,491 posts, read 23,196,907 times

Advertisements

We'll all be SO much safer when only the police, feds and military have firearms. Oh, and criminals.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM

45,360 posts, read 26,630,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
That money should come from the pension fund.

If that were the case, we might see cops policing their own, instead of protecting their own.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 AM

201 posts, read 471,587 times
I'm positive President Obama will come out later today and say "they acted stupidly", right?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,162,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Tyrants, yes, sorry to tell the truth about your masters.... then again, you believe anything the state run media tells you

Can you blame the poor guy for going over the edge after having his life destroyed...... yeah YOU could blame him

Figures that you would believe the ones in charge, to do otherwise would require free thinking
You know nothing about me.

This loon killed 2 innocent people that had nothing to do with him getting fired..nothing. Then he targeted cops. His 6,000 word "manifesto" is nothing but a rambling bunch of nonsense. He hasn't figured out that life isn't a movie, and he is not an action hero.

I predict there will be another mass shooting at the hands of this "hero" if he is not caught.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 AM

13,544 posts, read 17,101,168 times
I can't believe people are siding with this guy. There are so many disturbed people on this forum it's sickening.

He is a psychotic. This is the kind of person everyone should most fear becoming a cop, because it makes it easier for them to cover their tracks. It' s good thing that other cops in this instance didn't stick to the "blue wall" and blew the whistle on his abusiveness, because who knows how many people he would have hurt over the course of his career if he had stayed on the force for years.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,162,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I can't believe people are siding with this guy. There are so many disturbed people on this forum it's sickening.

He is a psychotic. This is the kind of person everyone should most fear becoming a cop, because it makes it easier for them to cover their tracks. It' s good thing that other cops in this instance didn't stick to the "blue wall" and blew the whistle on his abusiveness, because who knows how many people he would have hurt over the course of his career if he had stayed on the force for years.

It's the anti-authority crowd.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,316,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
100% ignored by the very same media that created him.

He was obviously a very intelligent, well written man who obviously watched too much left wing propaganda.

"Willie Geist, you're a talented and charismatic journalist.

Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams, Soledad Obrien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Viera, Tavis Smiley, and Anderson Cooper
, keep up the great work and follow Cronkite's lead. I hold many of you in the same regard as Tom Brokaw and the late Peter Jennings. Cooper, stop nagging and berating your guest, they're your (guest). Mr. Scarborough, we met at McGuire's pub in P-cola in 2002 when I was stationed there. It was an honor conversing with you about politics, family, and life.

Willie Geist, you're a talented and charismatic journalist. Stop with all the talk show shenanigans and get back to your core of reporting. Your future is brighter than most.

Revoke the citizenship of Fareed Zakaria and deport him. I've never heard a positive word about America or its interest from his mouth, ever. On the same day, give Piers Morgan an indefinite resident alien and Visa card. Mr. Morgan, the problem that many American gun owners have with you and your continuous discussion of gun control is that you are not an American citizen and have an accent that is distinct and clarifies that you are a foreigner. I want you to know that I agree with you 100% on enacting stricter firearm laws but you must understand that your critics will always have in the back of their mind that you are native to a country that we won our sovereignty from while using firearms as a last resort in defense and you come from a country that has no legal private ownership of firearms. That is disheartening to American gun owners and rightfully so."

Read more: READ: Murder Suspect Chris Dorner's Online Manifesto - Los Angeles Local News, Weather, and Traffic

On another note, the NY Times left out those paragraph in their selective excerpts.

I wouldn't call that rambling manifesto liberal. I mean he did support the assault weapons ban, but is that really a liberal position? I don't think it is. But beyond that he showed support for a lot of celebrities, Colin Powell who is a republican. George H. Bush who is a Republican.

He did speak about racism against himself as a black person, but that's not liberal, that's being a black person in America.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,488,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The cops who arbitrarily fried on those trucks should be tried, convicted and hung. The senior officers who don't participate in removing these officers from the beat should also hang.
I don't think anybody should be hung. Convicted for attempted murder, 1st degree assault with a deadly weapon, or something along those lines, yes.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 AM

3,600 posts, read 6,799,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

I don't agree or support killing of innocent people. But I do sympatize with what's caused him to go psycho.

Even the father of mentally ill suspect who was allegely beaten said his son came home with cuts and said the police beat him up.

There is no spin the LAPD can do. They are trying to do a systemic trial by media by releasing bad press about Dorner to the public.

This is a classic cause of a whistelblower from within the LAPD getting fired by pointing out police brutality. The LAPD needs to address this after Dorner is captured/killed.

How can they fire Dorner saying he made unfounded allegations of police brutality when the victims own father's testimony supports his son had cuts and his own son said he was beaten up by police officers.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,621,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I don't agree or support killing of innocent people. But I do sympatize with what's caused him to go psycho.

Even the father of mentally ill suspect who was allegely beaten said his son came home with cuts and said the police beat him up.

There is no spin the LAPD can do. They are trying to do a systemic trial by media by releasing bad press about Dorner to the public.

This is a classic cause of a whistelblower from within the LAPD getting fired by pointing out police brutality. The LAPD needs to address this after Dorner is captured/killed.

How can they fire Dorner saying he made unfounded allegations of police brutality when the victims own father's testimony supports his son had cuts and his own son said he was beaten up by police officers.
I don't know all the facts to be able to reach a conclusion. However, one of the first people he killed is the daughter of the person that was trying to help him in that case which does suggest he may be capable of distorting a situation.

If the police were in the wrong, they deserve whatever legal punishment they get. His chosen strategy has ensured that it will not happen and is killing innocent people. There is no excuse for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies