Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The reason we have (in theory) a transparent system where the government and authority figures are held accountable is to prevent this type of vigilantism. This incident proves that the system isn't working.
what transparency????
Obama just told them they can't report on drone strikes either.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens.
White House: No More Information About Drone Killings Will be Released to Public | The Liberty Beacon

Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
what transparency????
Obama just told them they can't report on drone strikes either.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens.
White House: No More Information About Drone Killings Will be Released to Public | The Liberty Beacon
Like I said, the original idea was to have transparency in a Republic, but that idea has broken down. So now people like this guy are resorting to vigilantism and, in the most extreme cases, talking revolution.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Seriously.

And to anyone that wants to try to sound like a stalwart tough guy and say that there are casualties in any conflict or any crap like that... how would you feel if your kid got to be the casualty?

The man may have a legit grievance with the LAPD - I won't deny that at all. Again, I hate the LAPD. But, he crossed the line into cold-blooded murderer when he killed Michelle Quan and Keith Lawrence.

There was no reason for them to die, at all. None.
My father in Law my wife's Dad ya know and his 2nd wife were stabbed to death Easter 1999 inside their home. The killer had be shot on the ankle by the cops the day before for stealing knives in a store.

The system failed. SWAT was only 3 city blocks away IF SWAT comes from the cop shop, and you could see that place from the elevated porch.

Why did it take 3 hours after the fact for them to show up?

So I know how it feels........

I think Dorner was wrong, but i can understand why he did what he did. I might like to remove some family from the killer in my case and maybe some from SWAT too.

I was framed by another cop, but made proof as to my innocence which almost didn't happen because the cop DA was a lying piece if chit.

I just wonder how many other people's live that piece of chit ruined before he got busted for 512 counts lumped into 4 felonies and IS still doing time to day since 1995.

I can tell you that in the courtroom lobby in front of me he called my wife the C word! and i will never forgive him for that. He better stay right where his is if you get my drift...

So I know a few things see...

I have made any final decision on how i really feel about Dorner, but i find his actions wrong, but interesting.

He has chosen to stack his life on his own sense of honor such as it is.

You can bank on Monica Quan's Father is re-thinking over what he did WRONG!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
I'm not going to waste effort expounding my opinions on drone assassinations or anything else to you. If you'd ever read any of my posts here, you'd know how off-base you are.
What's good is your opinion if you continue to feed into a government that's evil? An evil government should never be supported but resisted. You either don't value your opinion or don't truly think the government is evil. And if you don't truly think the government is evil, then why go and call Mr. Dorner evil? Especially when your only facts come from people who want to kill him.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
What's good is your opinion if you continue to feed into a government that's evil? An evil government should never be supported but resisted. You either don't value your opinion or don't truly think the government is evil. And if you don't truly think the government is evil, then why go and call Mr. Dorner evil? Especially when your only facts come from people who want to kill him.
I never said he was evil, and I also read his manifesto - the full, unedited one.

Your black-and-white, overly simplistic, rhetoric-laden opinions are laughable.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,518 times
This is why the federal government should ban every police force and govt. agency from possessing and/or carrying weapons of any kind!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
I never said he was evil, and I also read his manifesto - the full, unedited one.

Your black-and-white, overly simplistic, rhetoric-laden opinions are laughable.
Let's be honest with ourselves, Mr. Dorner at his worst portrayal is still more saintly than our government. Our government does assassinations without a care who the collateral damage is but for whatever reason then the outrage is more 'nuanced.' When one man outside the 'law' does it he's a criminal, needs to be caught, needs to be stopped, etc

This is more identifying law with morality. Looking up to your oppressors.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
How come you don't say the same thing when American bombs kill innocent civilians? Why is collateral damage accepted? Why aren't the leaders who ordered those strikes branded as 'evil' and told there is no excuse for the taking of innocent life?
Totally different, and a different debate left for a different thread. I tire of when too many use the "but your guy" rebuttal on threads, just like so often when a democrat defends their side with a "but Bush did..." or the flip side of " but Obama did..." as if that makes what they do ok.

We aren't talking about a U.S.A soldier walking up to a unarmed civilian and just pulling the trigger are we? That is what this guy allegedly did. If that is your brand of justified revenge well I just don't agree with it.

There are plenty of threads to debate what government policy as in warfare does to effect people, but there is a clear difference (usually) between what happens in warfare and purposely murdering unless we are talking about genocide like in Serbia or Africa or somewhere.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That is exactly what they should be doing, but they're not investigating his claims. It's much easier to cover the weather.
Do you people actually read these news articles? I mean REALLY read them? Or do you just jump to some conclusion because of your obvious hatred and bias toward the police?

Look at this idiot running around killing and shooting people. He has a HISTORY of causing of problems. From the time he was in elementary school; starting fights with others. In the police academy he is the subject of discipline. What? The academy? You are on your BEST behavior then, yet he has some sort of complex which puts him above everyone else.

Then he assaults and batters two other police officers? Really? I'm a black police officer and have been for 24 years. I've been called everything under the sun and then some. I've NEVER assaulted or battered ANYONE. There are other remedies for that.

The allegation he makes about excessive force. It was investigated by the LAPD and they found he had lied in official reports; thus they fired him. YOU people say they want lying police officers held accountable. They did so. [b]The firing was appealed by this murderer to an OUTSIDE APPEALS COURT JUDGE, who had NOTHING TO DO, with the LAPD. HE reviewed the evidence, evidence you have no clue of, and UPHELD THE FIRING.[b]

Yet you and others, totally ignorant to the FACTS, say this man is a hero and should be worshipped in some strange way.

Think for a minute people, USE YOUR HEAD. If this murderer had PROOF, as he says, he didn't lie and there was all this police corruption, misconduct, etc what better witness to have, then a BLACK police officer, who "knows it all?" Can you imagine the civil lawsuit from the THOUSANDS of law firms, all over this country, who would have LOVED to take on this case? The NAACP, et al, IF this liar/loser had the truthful evidence, would be all over the LAPD.

He could have gone into a court room and truly been a "hero." MILLIONS of people would have backed him up; IF he had REAL evidence. He would have been filthy rich, been interviewed on every news show in the world, and had his ticket punched for the rest of his life: The man who brought down LAPD.

But no, he is doing what he has done his entire life: When he perceives someone had done him wrong, he resorts to physical violence. EVERYONE throughout his life has labeled him a "bully." And that is EXACTLY what he is trying to do now. Bully his way.

The sooner this loser/idiot/moron is locked up and put down like the dog he is, the safer our society will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM

670 posts, read 905,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
No surprise... Another violent whacko LWNJ...
Not a violent wacko....he's on a mission. I just hope all the journalists, creamin their knickers over this episode, do some real investigative journalism after he's caught or his body is found.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies