Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Chris Rock is a comedian.
Lol....it really is that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
He did not say Obama is our father, he said:

“The President and the First Lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country"

He was speaking metaphorically.
The President and First Lady are like our employee's not our mom & dad (metaphorically speaking).

Chris Rock may consider himself a child but I consider myself an adult.

Chris can look at government as his cradle and government officials his mommy & daddy, however I consider myself an adult and government officials my servants as in servants of the people.

Hopefully in the group of U.S. Citizens 21 and older, there are more adults than children in our society.

(I also think the citizens of fascists systems didn't literally consider political officials their parents either, but were speaking metaphorically)

Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
The President and First Lady are like our employee's not our mom & dad (metaphorically speaking).

Chris Rock may consider himself a child but I consider myself an adult.

Chris can look at government as his cradle and government officials his mommy & daddy, however I consider myself an adult and government officials my servants as in servants of the people.

Hopefully in the group of U.S. Citizens 21 and older, there are more adults than children in our society.

(I also think the citizens of fascists systems didn't literally consider political officials their parents either, but were speaking metaphorically)
Chris Rock is wealthier than you or anyone else on this forum, you will rely on the government WAY more than he does or every will.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You would think it was a joke....
From the context, I'm not so sure. It is what he wants his audience to believe, in the context it was given.
A lot of truth is said in jest.

Maybe Chris was saying what he truly throught by using his "comedic talent"?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
So now we know who 0bama's imaginary son is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Chris Rock was trotted out to add supposed star power to Obama's gun control issues. He also said that Obama was our boss, which is grossly inaccurate. We are Obama's boss - not the other way around.
Yes, that was extremely offensive. But given Chris Rock probably doesn't have the IQ of a salted slug, I suppose he needs a boss to tell him which way to turn.

0bama works for me. I sure would like to fire his azz.

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 02-08-2013 at 01:04 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Chris Rock is wealthier than you or anyone else on this forum, you will rely on the government WAY more than he does or every will.
ummm, no.

I may not make the same money as Chris Rock but I am not and have not been dependent upon government. Even when unemployed after being a small business operator, I was not eligible for government help as government does nothing but hamper small business.

And because someone generates revenue does not mean they are necessarily liquid or even economically viable. I don't know Mr. Rocks situation, but at least I admit this where you appear to be making huge assumptions based on your opinion, rather than knowledge regarding Mr. Rock, myself and anyone else on this forum to use your own words.

Perhaps you haven't operated a business and are not familiar with these conditions.

Last edited by jwm1964; 02-08-2013 at 01:07 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
ummm, no.

I may not make the same money as Chris Rock but I am not and have not been dependent upon government. Even when unemployed after being a small business operator, I was not eligible for government help as government does nothing but hamper small business.

And because someone generates revenue does not mean they are necessarily liquid or even economically viable. I don't know Mr. Rocks situation, but at least I admit this where you appear to be making huge assumptions based on your opinion, rather than knowledge regarding Mr. Rock, myself and anyone else on this forum to use your own words.
Unless you plan to opt out of Medicare and Social Security, you will depend on the government much more than Chris Rock.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
And Romney probably has more money than Rock and you combined.

Who cares?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And Romney probably has more money than Rock and you combined.

Who cares?
I never accused Romney of depending on the government.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Unless you plan to opt out of Medicare and Social Security, you will depend on the government much more than Chris Rock.
These people that say they do not depend on government make me laugh. Aside form the social nets, if they did not have to pay taxes, how many would build their own bridges, roads tunnels, parks, schools, put out their own fires, police their own emergencies, address natural disasters when hits them, launch their own communication satellites and a long list of other things that governement was designed to do. That's correct right wingers...you did not build that!

This thread was ridiculous at its inception anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies