Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I cannot figure out why lefties hate him so much. Oh, wait a minute, I know, many hate anyone with an R next to their name.

Nope, we just see him for what he is. Too bad you don't.

Next time you call someone not on your side a draft dodger, remember your hero, Ted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
And, you probably won't believe this, but hundreds of thousands of Americans proudly put their lives on the line, and went off to fight wars, and didn't crap their pants to get out of it.

Or like Romney did, hiding behind religion in France.
Look. I personally signed up and went to Vietnam. My brother was drafted, went on the bus to get his physical only to be told that he was rejected because he had asthma. And he played football in high school all 4 years. He was still rejected. The military rejected tons of draftees at their physicals due to all kind of different ailments. Nugent was one of them most likely due to hearing loss.

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
notice how Ted being a pedophile has been ingored.

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Well, not so much.

snopes.com: Ted Nugent Dodged the Draft?

From a 1977 High Times Interview:

"I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin' and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin' kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I'd drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, **** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn't believe the smell. They were ridiculin' me and pushin' me around and I was cryin', but all the time I was laughin' to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, "Oh my God, put those back on! You f****** swine you!" Then they had a urine test and I couldn't ****, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin' up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin' up. So I went home and cleaned up.

But you know the funny thing about it? I'd make an incredible army man. I'd be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of mother*******' killers you'd ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn't into it.

So, let me ask the folks out there who hold this guy up as a hero, and a spokesperson for the right wing...

Why?
What a FREAK. I'm sure glad he's not claiming to represent Democrats. The Pubs can have him and enjoy him in ALL his glory.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Um, that's a direct quote from Nugent.
He failed his physical because of what he said there.

Why do you people put such pathetic losers on the pedastal of your celebrity crushes? Chuck Norris? Ted Nugent? You folks are really scraping the bottom of the D-List Barrel!
Speaking of Teds. Ted Kennedy got of for murder by "what he said" and the lefties still adore him.

Let's look at teddy's record:

"Kennedy enlisted in the United States Army in June 1951 (signing up for an optional four-year term, which was shortened to the minimum two years after his father intervened).[9] Following basic training at Fort Dix, he requested assignment to Fort Holabird for Army Intelligence training, but was dropped after a few weeks without explanation.[9] He went to Camp Gordon for training in the Military Police Corps.[9] In June 1952, Kennedy was assigned to the honor guard at SHAPE headquarters in Paris.[1][9] His father's political connections ensured he was not deployed to the ongoing Korean War.[1][10] While stationed in Europe he travelled extensively on weekends and climbed the Matterhorn.[11] He was discharged in March 1953 as a private first class.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy

So, let's get this straight. Nugent, not being rich, avoids the draft by using the only means he could think of and he is a scum ball.

Kennedy gets preferential treatmnet and assignments because his father has money and power and he is revered.

I get it. Kennedy had a D next to his name and Nugent has an R.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-14-2013 at 09:02 AM..

Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Anybody else find it odd that Ted was bragging that his views were endorsed by cops and TSA agents?
Nope. Not all all because most do endorse him. Ted was being truthful what he said.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
notice how Ted being a pedophile has been ingored.
That is because he never was charged with being a pedophile? Stop making stuff up.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
I cannot figure out why lefties hate him so much. Oh, wait a minute, I know, many hate anyone with an R next to their name.
I can't figure out why the right loves him so much. This is the party that practically has apoplexy if a politician isn't wearing a flag pin on their lapel, and here they are worshiping a guy who bragged about covering himself in his own feces to get out of fighting for his country.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Nope. Not all all because most do endorse him. Ted was being truthful what he said.
Not true.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
Quote:
Speaking of Teds. Ted Kennedy got of for murder by "what he said" and the lefties still adore him.
That might be an interesting discussion. For different thread. This one is for the right wingers to bask in Ted's glory. Nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies