Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Pul-eeze. Nugent's a weasel who could have gotten a legitimate deferment by going to college and keeping his grades up. Millions of men did just that.

You do know that there are celebrities who support gun ownership? Tom Selleck for one. Selleck also served in the National Guard during Vietnam. Perfectly legitimate.

Nugent chose to crap in his pants for his physical. Classy spokesman you got there.
So should we post all the "classy" dems who finagled the system to avoid the draft?

Like I stated before, the left idolizes Bill Clinton and HE dodged the draft. What is the difference? Clinton had connections and Nugent didn't. Thousands avoided the draft by any means possible.
I served 2 tours in Viet Nam and don't hold any grudge against any of them.

The left is just doing what they ALWAYS do, trash anyone by any means who has an R next to their name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Yeah, Teddy loves the constitution so much he faked mental illness to keep from serving in Viet Nam. What a paragon of the right wing. This just makes me sad for what the GOP used to stand for, and what it's become.
It cracks me up that so many now say that he did the right thing by being a draft dodger.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the ones who say that NOW didn't used to think that way. Amazing what a difference it makes when the pants crapping serial pedophile draft dodger is an outspoken advocate for gun ownership.

I'd also bet that if Jane Fonda all of a sudden became a spokesperson for the NRA, she'd become the best thing since sliced bread.

The hypocrisy..........

Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I like Twisted Sister, could Dee Snider be jealous....... until I see the ORIGINAL INTERVIEW which NO ONE can produce it's mute to think this might be true. Why is the interview not on the internet, don't you even question this??????

Your smarter than this, seems even you would want some proof than everyones so called heresy about an interview.

To bad they couldn't even produce the Original...... wonder why......... thats all I'd like to see, with the world of internet you'd think we could find the interview, why are they hiding it.
So Ted saying he made the story up for the interview is not proof enough? Ted admitted to making the story up because the reported was gullible. And that is not enough? The man himself admits it happened.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many on the left call anyone who opposes an issue the are in favor for of "hate" and anyone they support, " the right loves".
Interesting, considering that my post was in response to YOU saying THIS:

Quote:
I cannot figure out why lefties hate him so much.
Priceless. And then you say this:

Quote:
Why do some lefties use such extreme adjectives?
I don't know, Quick, why do you?

Quote:
Any one who nelieves he got a different classification by, "covering himself in his own feces", isn't living in the real world.
Ted obviously believes it.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Pretty smart if you ask me.
Just another hypocritical right wing chicken hawk if you ask me.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Sarcasm much? It is obvious this thread is to call out the people who support Ted.
I made the point earlier. It is what the left ALWAYS does try to ridicule ANYONE who has an R next to their name. It is one of the childish things the left is very good at.

Quote:
No, he is a Constitutionalist, that was following the Constitution, with his genius form of civil disobedience. Fooling the system, of the unconstitutional draft, while we are not at declared war.
There's something in the constitution that says it's ok to crap your pants to avoid the draft?

Quote:
Of our last 100 years of Presidents, look at who has not had military service....
Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
Don't forget Bush Jr. His "service" hardly counts; half the time he didn't even bother to show up.

1,523 posts, read 1,437,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
And...?

You still didn't address my other question. Do you think crime (in this case it is being a pedophile) is ok if you never get charged?
It was not a crime of pedophilia. Pele Massa was 17 (old enough to be married in some states at the time) and her parents gave Ted consent to be with her.

Pele Massa

http://joedaly.net/wp-content/upload...nd-a-minor.jpg

http://static9.imagecollect.com/thum...88ac058cfbd1e2

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:

Of our last 100 years of Presidents, look at who has not had military service....
Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

I see a pattern here, especially after WW-II.
Snot nose elites, that have ruined the US Constitution, the most.
Oh, and don't forget Dick (head) Cheney, with all his deferments. Granted, he didn't wear the title of president but does anyone doubt, that at least during Bush's first term, Cheney WAS the president in all ways except the title?

Another chicken hawk - sacrifice thousands of our servicemen and women without ever having the guts to put his own life on the line.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,649 times
Quote:
I made the point earlier. It is what the left ALWAYS does try to ridicule ANYONE who has an R next to their name. It is one of the childish things the left is very good at.
And the right never does this? Look at all the thread on this site and tell me the right never does this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies