Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,758,360 times

Advertisements

Doubt it. I teach them stuff at home that the propaganda schools don't teach. I love teaching them to love where they come from and the truth about things. This month happens to be "black history month" we are having a real blast learning the truth about King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,226,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Doubt it. I teach them stuff at home that the propaganda schools don't teach. I love teaching them to love where they come from and the truth about things. This month happens to be "black history month" we are having a real blast learning the truth about King.
Yay, what the world needs more bigots of the world.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,758,360 times
Just the truth...I know people like you hate the truth..to you and millions of others King was a great man blahblahblah...lord forbid the truth gets told about the communist womanizer.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,789,434 times
Quote:
New Bill Seeks to Severely Restrict Homeschooling in South Carolina :

Gotta make sure the state is the only one educating students...can't have them learning facts and logic and not propaganda.
Based on the people I often see advocating homeschooling, they aren't teaching facts. Creationism and gays being deviant are not facts they are vile lies born out of truly hateful and/or uneducated people.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Just the truth...I know people like you hate the truth..to you and millions of others King was a great man blahblahblah...lord forbid the truth gets told about the communist womanizer.
Communist womanizer, good one, bet he was born in Kenya too.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Based on the people I often see advocating homeschooling, they aren't teaching facts. Creationism and gays being deviant are not facts they are vile lies born out of truly hateful and/or uneducated people.
That is what happens when 2/3rd of the kids that are homeschooled come from very religious families.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,789,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yay, what the world needs more bigots of the world.
Those type of people really should have their children removed for child abuse.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Wrong. not all schools administer SAT's and not all colleges look at SAT results.
You're right. There's about 800 colleges that don't require SAT scores.
But why limit yourself to those when you can take the SAT and apply to any of them ?
Not taking the SAT or ACT limits your choices.

There are test centers you can sign up for and take them there.
The college board arranges that in cities all over the US.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,952,734 times
Quote:
I would love to Home School my kids but I wasn't given the patience to deal with kids ALL day like that lol...my kids are very bright and soon enough will be in private schools or public charter schools.

Some people weren't given the patience to deal with a lot more than children.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,278,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You're right. There's about 800 colleges that don't require SAT scores.
But why limit yourself to those when you can take the SAT and apply to any of them ?
And who says they are limited? Many schools don't need to look at SAT scores to value a person's worth.

And so what if they take the SAT? They may get a low score, and those "other" schools would not be available to them anyway. Some people just don't do well taking tests, but in interviews and practical applications, they excel where a bookworm may fail.

So again, who says they are limited?

Quote:
Not taking the SAT or ACT limits your choices.
Who says so? You? And what makes you think their choices are limited? A person who is studying SFX makeup or sound engineering doesn't need to take the SAT's to get into a school that teaches or offers those courses (and these are great money making professions).

I'm almost 20 years out of college, and I am taking college courses now (further education). The school didn't ask to look at my SAT scores that I took at 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies