Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Nut cases can get one arm it with a home Made bomb fly it into a school. Gun grabbers will go nuts then
Which they've been able to do with R/C model aircraft for many, many years now. I'm sure folks will be happy with that because they're not drones , they just function like drones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm going to study up on crop circles and start practicing creative mowing
If they are going to spy on me I might as well give them something to ponder.
I'm going to use roof tiles to write "Don't Tread On Me" and do a rock garden in the shape of a snake.

Plus when I'm on my phone talking to my mother or my kids, I'm going to randomly throw the word "bomb" in there "These new boots I bought are DA BOMB!" "That movie we watched last night was a real bomb."

I'm also going to sprinkle my conversation with these phrases: "I am now PRESIDENT of the Garden Club." I am tired of the character ASSASSINATION of Honey BooBoo." "I've been out SHOOTING some photos of landscaping ideas." "I'm a real PREPPER when it comes to tenderizing a steak." "I HATE GOVERNMENT cheese." "My mother is an emotional TERRORIST."

I'll take photos when the drones show up!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Personally, I'm pretty fond of my rights to privacy and free speech. Life in a police state is unappealing at best. Too bad so many of my fellow Americans see the steady encroachment of rights to be okey-dokey. :sigh:
I am fond of my privacy too. The difference between me and you is that you think you are being spied upon, and I do not. I like public spaces, such as beaches, restaurants, parks etc, and I am aware that someone could take a picture of me, but I DO NOT CARE. I do not feel my rights have been taken away. I do not feel my freedom of speech has been taken away. I enjoy my life and my freedoms without fear. The Lord has set me free of such nonsense. People like you will never be free, because you are imprisoned by your own fears and paranoias. If you are not afraid of this thing, then you are afraid of something else, and if there is nothing else, then you'll invent something to be afraid of.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Which they've been able to do with R/C model aircraft for many, many years now. I'm sure folks will be happy with that because they're not drones , they just function like drones
Do you really think that people who are against drones spying on citizens don't care about other spying methods? We do. Drones just make the spying much easier and much more effective. Since I'm not OK with the government spying on it's citizens in general, the last thing I want to do is pave the way for them to make spying even easier and more effective.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Spy Files | American Civil Liberties Union

Personally, I'm pretty fond of my rights to privacy and free speech. Life in a police state is unappealing at best. Too bad so many of my fellow Americans see the steady encroachment of rights to be okey-dokey. :sigh:
Well that's just it. They don't see it.

My name was submitted to some government agency when I bought a 50lb bag of 10-10-10 fertilizer.
Filling out the form, the clerk asked me "Use ?"
I rolled my eyes and said "to put in dirt or would you rather I say to blow up America ?"

Take out over a certain amount of money from the bank and you'll get grilled too even if you ask for a certified check payable to a title company.
"Use ?"
"I'm buying a house or would you rather I say I'm funding a terrorist plot ?"

I don't care anymore except in the case of dealing with the law. I don't want to get shot or tazered because of sarcasm.

Make a game of it.
"Are you a US citizen?" Answer: Why ask ? It doesn't seem to matter anymore whether I am or not.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Can drones spy on me when I'm in the bathroom?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm going to use roof tiles to write "Don't Tread On Me" and do a rock garden in the shape of a snake.

Plus when I'm on my phone talking to my mother or my kids, I'm going to randomly throw the word "bomb" in there "These new boots I bought are DA BOMB!" "That movie we watched last night was a real bomb."

I'm also going to sprinkle my conversation with these phrases: "I am now PRESIDENT of the Garden Club." I am tired of the character ASSASSINATION of Honey BooBoo." "I've been out SHOOTING some photos of landscaping ideas." "I'm a real PREPPER when it comes to tenderizing a steak." "I HATE GOVERNMENT cheese." "My mother is an emotional TERRORIST."

I'll take photos when the drones show up!
Yeah..make them EARN that salary

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Can drones spy on me when I'm in the bathroom?
No. Now you are confusing the drones with the mobile xray scanners that drive down your street.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..make them EARN that salary
And the consistent raises that they vote for themselves as well.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Maybe if you're not growing Acapulco Gold in your backyard, you've got nothing to worry about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cLiPOZnAgg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies