Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,798,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post

On February 8th, 2013 at 3:50 pm a drone was sighted hovering above a neighborhood in West Oakland. There didn’t seem to be a focus, it just maintained it’s position above properties near a highway. It is not known at this point what agency or individual was operating the craft. But regardless of who was in control of the drone, it is the type of thing we can expect to see in the future of we don’t act now.
You can get these at hobby shops, and fly them in your neighborhood schoolyard. Or over your neighborhood city block.

Widow Maker Home Built Quadcopter Full Flight Review - YouTube

What makes you think it's some kind of ominous "drone"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
People who suffer from mental disorders such as paranoia, typically would not realize they suffer from it, but it is easy for others around them to recognize the condition.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Has the government ever searched your house/apartment/condo/whatever without a warrant?
wow I could sit here and do this all day....got a question?

Federal Observer Articles - Federal Observer
"Belleville inspectors and armed police officers show up without search warrants to check for occupancy code violations, and ticket people who don't let them in -- a practice experts say is unconstitutional.

Invite friends over, baby-sit your grandchildren, or allow relatives to spend the night in Belleville and you risk an armed police officer turning up at your door to search your home and give you a ticket. "
###

Note, that just because it may not happen to those one is posting too, does not necessarily mean that it doesn't go on.

A few years ago (the link to the story would take me long time to find) local police or DEA officers busted into a house they suspected of having drugs inside. The man they shot was just home from the military and his home was being invaded. He did what anyone would do, not knowing who it was coming in the front door with guns. He dove for his gun to fire and protect his wife and daughter. He was shot and killed on the spot.

They didn't have a warrant and no charges filed, because..."it was suspected".

So they screw up; shoot an innocent man home from the military (he wasn't killed while on tour of duty, but stateside) and they get to keep their jobs, even though they did not call a judge and secure a warrant and they did not serve one day in prison. There were no drugs and they had the wrong house! Is that not a kick in the pants.

Protocols proper, rules and procedures, they are all there for a reason, but not all law enforcement uses them and they all have a way out if it blows up in their face. We all know this, so to ask a question like that (when did it ever happen to you?) is redundant to say the least.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,454,644 times
Default Drone spotted in the sky over Oakland

Looked more like some kid's science project.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Due process, unreasonable search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seize
And you're not secure in your house how? Are there drones flying down your hallways? Is the airspace over your house a Restricted/Prohibited area drones are violating?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,664,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Preach it.

[/b]
I guess we should take away all the traffic cameras, and movie cameras, and personal cameras, and phone cameras also because they can all be used to spy on others. They take away our LIBERTY!

Down with binoculars!
Down with telescopes!
Down with gun scopes!

After that, let's go after the US Army. They have the ultimate: the Invisibility Cloak.

No, they really do!
Someone wearing one can be in your own home and you would never know it!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Liberals support rights to privacy when it involves destroying human life, but oppose rights to privacy when it involves the government spying on people.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm going to use roof tiles to write "Don't Tread On Me" and do a rock garden in the shape of a snake.

Plus when I'm on my phone talking to my mother or my kids, I'm going to randomly throw the word "bomb" in there "These new boots I bought are DA BOMB!" "That movie we watched last night was a real bomb."

I'm also going to sprinkle my conversation with these phrases: "I am now PRESIDENT of the Garden Club." I am tired of the character ASSASSINATION of Honey BooBoo." "I've been out SHOOTING some photos of landscaping ideas." "I'm a real PREPPER when it comes to tenderizing a steak." "I HATE GOVERNMENT cheese." "My mother is an emotional TERRORIST."

I'll take photos when the drones show up!
NSA is listening.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,664,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals support rights to privacy when it involves destroying human life, but oppose rights to privacy when it involves the government spying on people.
This makes no sense.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Can drones spy on me when I'm in the bathroom?
The public toilets that have motion sensors that activate the flush mechanism when you leave are actually hiding tiny cameras being monitored by a federal employee somewhere in northern Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies