Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Umm, don't you think the police had an obligation to figure out if the people in the vehicles were innocent before shooting them?
This was an accident. Nothing more. All they knew was that they were in a neighborhood of one of the cops named in Dorner's manifesto. That Dorner already had killed a young couple, and injured and killed two others.

You conveniently ignore that no one else was accidentally shot at police after the 2nd mistaken identity.

!@#$ happens. Especially in chaotic situations, where there is no news that helps law enforcement. conflicting reports of the description of Dorner's truck also didn't help. People get shot by accident everyday. by police, by others.

Quote:
That's my point. The police didn't even have exact matches on the vehicle descriptions and definitely no match on the occupant descriptions yet they still opened fire. Not ok.
when you get conflicting reports on exactly the type of truck Dorner was driving, the police have no time to 2nd guess. first it was describe as a blue truck. then it was described as a black truck, Then it was described as a grey truck. then it was finally known that it was a particular type of model and type of truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
I think it's premature to say this was a Waco situtation. It's entirely possible that the man in the cabin burned it down himself, which is what happened in Waco, but we don't know that yet.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:35 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I hope the police in question who shot the women by mistake are no longer in uniform and won't serve in any law enforcement capacity again. Accidents do happen but careers end also.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
1) you kill cops kids
2) you kill cop A
3) on the day of the event you kill another cop
4) you have sent a manifesto that details your willingness to die in a fight with police
5) you shoot at SWAT, and you are a trained SNIPER. . .and you seem very well armed.

Now I don't see how/what is so odd with an escalating response from police department. Judge/trial/jury is always a best outcome. . .but there is no reason to risk the life of one police person to get that outcome? If you are shooting, you will be shot. Its not trial/jury/judge at that point, its stopping the threat without risk to police or people.

I'm not exactly sure why this is so hard to grasp.
They do not have the right, or the legal authority to render such judgement. You are rationalizing acceptance of their actions.

Their job is to apprehend offenders and bring them to justice, not administer it. It is a risky, but that goes with the job.

Not only that, but your rationalization goes against years of laws and court rulings concerning this issue.

Now if you want to disregard it, fine... but then don't ever complain about abuse of authority again as your argument rationalizes the excuse of disregarding the system. Trust me, when we start doing that, you won't be rationalizing anymore as it will eventually effect you.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Throwing objects out of the window. In a neighborhood where one of the cops mentioned in Dorner's manifesto lived.

The police had no idea whether or not they were throwing newspapers or throwing a bomb or incendiary device or if they were working with Dorner (no one knew if he had accomplices or not).

When I delivered newspapers, we actually got out of the car and placed the newspapers near the mailbox or threw it far enough into the property to be seen.
Maybe if they watched for a minute or two they would have figured out that A) Those objects were :gasp: newspapers and B) That the people in the vehicle were WOMEN, not Dorner.

This is how newspapers are delivered nowadays in most parts of the country. It's been this way for some time now.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepsis View Post
Did they have a duty to do so? Besides, Dorner was murdering cops up to the end, so the idea that he was going to surrender is a specious one, and the idea that he was no longer a threat is an even more specious idea.

The LAPD wasn't there. San Bernardino County Sheriff's fired the incendiary tear gas canister in after regular tear gas failed to remove Dorner from the cabin.

The lengths cop haters will go to defend a murderer like Dorner is quite impressive (but also a little scary).

Why are people cop haters for objecting to this poor procedure?

I was POST certified in CA, I know what they can and can't do. I know the laws of CA, I spent many nights with my nose in a the California Penal and Vehicle code memorizing for countless tests taken, and many hours of lecture by veteran officers, judges, and lawyers from around the country concerning police action and procedure.

This isn't about "hate", it is about following proper procedure that respects the law, for if our own officers do not respect the law, then what the hell is the point of anyone else doing so?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
This was an accident. Nothing more. All they knew was that they were in a neighborhood of one of the cops named in Dorner's manifesto. That Dorner already had killed a young couple, and injured and killed two others.

You conveniently ignore that no one else was accidentally shot at police after the 2nd mistaken identity.

!@#$ happens. Especially in chaotic situations, where there is no news that helps law enforcement. conflicting reports of the description of Dorner's truck also didn't help. People get shot by accident everyday. by police, by others.
Oh? The cops just accidentally fired shots from their guns at innocent people and it's all good because they only shot 2 people and shot at a third person. Get shot at by police for no reason? **** happens. No biggee.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Really.

You think that law enforcement firing upon two trucks that they believed contained someone who had already killed multiple innocent people in cold blood was worse than the crimes of hunting down and killing those innocent people?

Wow.
Too bad you were not in one of those trucks as you would be squealing a whole different tune...

So you are saying if there is a murder suspect on the loose, COPS can just shoot at random no matter what huh?

So long as it is cops shooting up the place old wild west style it's no problem who they shoot, what they shoot and or burn down, and no matter who gets hurt, because getting that 1 murder is everything.

You lefty dufuses are insane. You ARE the PROBLEM.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
Due Process is guaranteed by the Constitution. No matter Dorner's actions or state of mind, he was entitled to Due Process under the United States Constitution.

I am astounded and ashamed how many American's continue to surrender their rights. There will be a eventual backlash to this, and then it will be too late.

Fools.
Evidently not anymore..........

Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I think it's premature to say this was a Waco situtation. It's entirely possible that the man in the cabin burned it down himself, which is what happened in Waco, but we don't know that yet.
DUH

Christopher Dorner Shootout – Cops say “Burn It Down” (Video) :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies