Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subconscious View Post
This whole thing stinks. Suddenly today we are told that the 'maids' are not maids at all but are Instead a couple that lived in the cabin.

When they interview the couple someone is coaching them on what to say from the sidelines.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
I saw the interview of the 'maids' a couple and semi elderly at that.

Just more lies.

Instead of truth, Justice and a working system we are getting lies, and plain BS by a corrupt system.

Dormer was wrong, but these inept shootings and burned down cabins, arson mayhem and murder won't make it right.

I was born in the United States of America, but I have no idea where I live anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten raccoon. The raccoon is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"

The LAPD goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest to the ground, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so being taken hostage (he tied up three people) by a man, is not being a danger to the community as a whole. I'm sure those that were tied up thought that the bastard was going to kill them and definitely thought he was dangerous.
Just saw an interview with the people he tied up and they said he repeatedly told them he wasn't going to hurt them as he had no beef with them.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,937 times
Just going by the title in the thread, no they shouldn't have burned it down. We always talk about the "rule" of law. That same rule applies even under the most dire of circumstances and Americans tend to forget that, esp. when it's something we personally agree with. Let's just be honest, no way in hell the police (any department) was going to let Dorner live (if that's really him). They just weren't. He could have walked up hands in the air yelling I surrender and someone would have put a bullet in his head irregardless. All too often, we are willing to circumvent the law esp. for vigilante justice.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten raccoon. The raccoon is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"

The LAPD goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest to the ground, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.
search 1 billion rising.... Or Live | One Billion Rising

Loved the joke.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That is a matter of opinion.

At the moment I just want this confirmed.

IMO Dorner was WRONG, but LAPD was worse shootin up 2 other trucks wound 2 other people and scaring the pants off the surfer.
Really.

You think that law enforcement firing upon two trucks that they believed contained someone who had already killed multiple innocent people in cold blood was worse than the crimes of hunting down and killing those innocent people?

Wow.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
They saved us a trial and a lot of money and having to listen to this idiot rant like Charlie Sheen on tiger blood. LMAO I think the only thing they did wrong is they should have given out skewers and hot dogs and had a good old cook out over the basters burning body. Let him be a lesson to others who think they go on a shooting spree. Cook the bastards crispy critters. LMAO I popped some pop corn watching the last bit on TV it was very good entertainment.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
They saved us a trial and a lot of money and having to listen to this idiot rant like Charlie Sheen on tiger blood. LMAO I think the only thing they did wrong is they should have given out skewers and hot dogs and had a good old cook out over the basters burning body. Let him be a lesson to others who think they go on a shooting spree. Cook the bastards crispy critters. LMAO I popped some pop corn watching the last bit on TV it was very good entertainment.
So what you are saying is don't mind that pesky constitution. It just gets in the way of things.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
Dorner was wrong in shooting and killing innocent people. The LAPD were wrong for shooting at innocent people. The LAPD was also wrong for burning the cabin down in a fit of rage and revenge. None of this is OK.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Dorner was wrong in shooting and killing innocent people. The LAPD were wrong for shooting at innocent people. The LAPD was also wrong for burning the cabin down in a fit of rage and revenge. None of this is OK.
I think that is the point, we do not know (and now we will never know) exactly what Dorner did or did not do. There was, and will be, no trial, no conviction if guilty, no knowing even a small piece of the truth. There was no due process, only an execution by the LAPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies