Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, I guess you'll have to call me a "lib" because I don't agree with you that what they did was wrong. This guy stated he would not come out of this alive. He was planning on killing more and you're weeping for this guy?

There are times when police have to use deadly force to protect the rest of the community. Frankly, I can't believe you're upset that they did their job. I like you Mac, but dang, man, you are sounding very leftist today.
The one thing that needs a bit of clarification, he was NOT a danger to the community as a whole as proven by several people he did not kill or hurt which actually was his eventual downfall. He WAS a danger to anyone with a badge or related to some of them.

That's one of the strange things about this whole mess, obviously as a former cop he knew leaving potential witness' alive was not conducive to hiding or escape and not even tying up the last one? Had he terminated the maids he would've most likely got away, same with the last carjack guy.
Weird is all I can say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The one thing that needs a bit of clarification, he was NOT a danger to the community as a whole as proven by several people he did not kill or hurt which actually was his eventual downfall.
so being taken hostage (he tied up three people) by a man, is not being a danger to the community as a whole. I'm sure those that were tied up thought that the bastard was going to kill them and definitely thought he was dangerous.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so being taken hostage (he tied up three people) by a man, is not being a danger to the community as a whole. I'm sure those that were tied up thought that the bastard was going to kill them and definitely thought he was dangerous.
If he was a smart but an unfeeling man, he would have shot those 2 woman dead instead of take them hostage. He's a dead man if caught anyways.... Instead he left them to live, escape, and report his whereabouts.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
Agreed! The cops out there shot more innocent women than Dorner did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
If he was a smart but an unfeeling man, he would have shot those 2 woman dead instead of take them hostage. He's a dead man if caught anyways.... Instead he left them to live, escape, and report his whereabouts.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
Almost the MO as WACO; back off all witnesses and burn the building. Then blame the fire on the suspect, or say it was an accident.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I think the police were out to get this guy and had no qualms about using any force necessary. They tried to cover their actions and were maybe only partly successful. I don't care if the guy dies, he should have went down in a hil of bullets. But the police seemed to act way out of line and exceeded their authority. They were like a lynch mob, vigilantes.
Burning down the house was most likely unnecessary. They have to be held accountable for that and should have to pay for the damages. And by that I mean the officers, not the police dpeartment, not the taxpayers, not the insurance companies. Take it right out of their pension fund. I also don't buy the line" We heard a gun shot." He was most likely dead by the time they began using tear gas. Dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound, this guy was not going to be taken alive and I don't think he'd let an officer shoot him.
This was one huge black eye for the police and the feds. Idiotic talk of using drones, police going trigger happy, a rogue cop going crazy and turning on their own, then a heavy handed use of force and an immediate cover up.
Any of you sheep still think you'll be happy and safe if only the police and the feds have guns?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Do you understand the concept of Due process? You have to participate in the process.

Once you are wanted by the police, whether you are guilty or innocent, you have to answer the warrant. Then the process begins.

You are told what your charges are
you get to know who are making the charges
you are intitled to counsel
you are not to have excessive bail
you are intitled to a speedy trial
you will be judged by a group of your peers
you have the right to apeal the verdict

If you run, hide, or confront the arresting officers, then you failed to comply with the process.

all along the process dorner had the opportunities to turn himself in and fight his case. He was an Law enforment officer, he knew the system. Even if he didnt trust PD, he could have contacted 100's of lawyers that would have gladly negotiated a surrender...most likely on the evening news.

don't you watch cops...can't run form the Po-lice
That isn't how it works.

Seriously, if it were just a matter of that, police work would be extremely easy.

"He tried to run sir, so we killed him!"

If this is what our generation thinks is acceptable, we are lost.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well sir, I can tell you one thing for sure and that is thank god it wasn't me or you right? There's no question he killed police officers, no question he killed that cops daughter and her fiancé. He stated why if you believe he posted that manifesto. Now, he had two choices do what he did or drop it and move on. I wasn't there so I can't say whether his claims were true or not though it would not surprise me if there were some truth to them. Being a former cop he HAD to know what the result of his actions were going to be and that odds were zero that he'd ever see a police station much less a courtroom.
I agree with that, all of that.

However 2 wrongs do not make anything right. Dorner could have easily been waited out.

Already the lies have begun.

Yesterday a 'friend' supplied me with video of COPS stating clearly Burn the MF down Burn that MF up, and as of this morning a weepy eyed COP is stating we didn't burn the cabin down on purpose.

As usual lyin thru there friggin teeth look for personal gain NEVER JUSTICE. And I saw that on FOX!

Of course these days asking for Justice is not going to work. Justice changes from moment to moment depending on what Democrats and Liberals say it that given instant.

Why, It's a miracle Christopher Dorner Shootout – Cops say “Burn It Down” (Video) :

You watch the news today and you will see the cops didn't really mean to burn that cabin down because that would be a felony offence called arson, just like they didn't mean to shoot up 2 wrong trucks a old lady her daughter and scare the swimsuit off a surfer.

Anyone else been arrested yet?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Do you understand the concept of Due process? You have to participate in the process.

Once you are wanted by the police, whether you are guilty or innocent, you have to answer the warrant. Then the process begins.

You are told what your charges are
you get to know who are making the charges
you are intitled to counsel
you are not to have excessive bail
you are intitled to a speedy trial
you will be judged by a group of your peers
you have the right to apeal the verdict

If you run, hide, or confront the arresting officers, then you failed to comply with the process.

all along the process dorner had the opportunities to turn himself in and fight his case. He was an Law enforcment officer, he knew the system. Even if he didnt trust PD, he could have contacted 100's of lawyers that would have gladly negotiated a surrender...most likely on the evening news.

don't you watch cops...can't run form the Po-lice
Missed one

you get to face your accuser(s)

Dorner could have been waited out. He wasn't going to sit in there with no food for 6 months.. They could turn off the power. We the people copuild have out waited him easy....

But NO the COPS BURNED that place down ON PURPOSE.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 AM

79 posts, read 80,717 times
This whole thing stinks. Suddenly today we are told that the 'maids' are not maids at all but are Instead a couple that lived in the cabin.

When they interview the couple someone is coaching them on what to say from the sidelines.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies