Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
That's why you need to look more into melanin, you're showing your ignorance right now. Afrikan people are the only people who can make babies from pale white to Ethiopian melanin-toned. There's a history of a Afrikan person with a strong legacy throughout every single continent on this Earth. How can we be breeding ourselves out of existence if we have dominant genes? Afrikan features? If you look at the continent of Afrika it is the most diverse continent with all shades of people on there, blond curly hair means the child has the blood of an Afrikan, 9 ethers rather than 6, why? because of the wooly hair. It resembles a coil, better yet it resmebles the rise of the Kundalini, which always signifies reaching the Pineal Gland. Speaking of the Pineal, it produces melanin by producing melatonin which produces melanocytes which produces melanin.

Dear one we can not breed ourselves out it is genetically impossible, unless you KILL every single black person, specifically black man on this planet. Which is impossible. I've seen a child who was lightskin at 3 turn dark-brown by 9. She and her parents are vegans by the way, not eating blood-foods like pork or beef or fish. By the way we never wanted white women, though white women did want us. Ever heard the pop phrase "tall, dark, and handsome?" That's where that phrase came from, white women, black women always had us and always will have us . And Italy also has a Afrikan history being its so close to the Motherland.

Now back to Melanin, it is impossible for life to exist without melanin you should look up Dr. Jewel Pookrum, for starters. Research melanin you actually have some just nowhere near as much as Afrikans do, or Itailians for that matter of fact. Unfortunately, your Pineal Gland is more calcified and that does hurt to know that such a human being cannot be connected to the Earth as much and how less spiritual you can be.
Big deal. ALL of us started in Africa and the further to the Poles we are, us humans tend to be lighter skinned since dark skin with little sunlight was deadly because of not enough of a certain vitamin, D maybe?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
White privilege is hard to see from the vantage point of being white. And it isn't all "big" issues either. Here are a few "little" examples of white privilege that happen daily.

1. Flesh tone bandaids. In case you haven't noticed, they don't match many people. And they don't create packs of bandaids with multiple colors to represent different skin tones
2. The color "nude" universally refers to a light beige. Why aren't there more shades of "nude." Or why don't they just call it something else, like tawny or whatever. Using the word nude implies if it doesn't match, there is something wrong with you.
3. If race isn't mentioned explicitly when describing a person (fictional or not) what race/ethnicity do you assume they are?
4. Why is the a "black" section in the book store, where all books by black authors are placed there, whether it is trashy fiction or scholarly discourse, instead of just placing the books into the appropriate "mainstream" category?
5. Stock images. Why is it that when you look for an image for a business man or whatever, and the first 5 pages are all white males? Why aren't there a variety of people to represent "business man" or "person walking outside" or whatever other stock image or clip art you are looking for.

The best way to eliminate racism and institutional privilege is to make people aware it is happening.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
White privilege is hard to see from the vantage point of being white. And it isn't all "big" issues either. Here are a few "little" examples of white privilege that happen daily.

1. Flesh tone bandaids. In case you haven't noticed, they don't match many people. And they don't create packs of bandaids with multiple colors to represent different skin tones
2. The color "nude" universally refers to a light beige. Why aren't there more shades of "nude." Or why don't they just call it something else, like tawny or whatever. Using the word nude implies if it doesn't match, there is something wrong with you.
3. If race isn't mentioned explicitly when describing a person (fictional or not) what race/ethnicity do you assume they are?
4. Why is the a "black" section in the book store, where all books by black authors are placed there, whether it is trashy fiction or scholarly discourse, instead of just placing the books into the appropriate "mainstream" category?
5. Stock images. Why is it that when you look for an image for a business man or whatever, and the first 5 pages are all white males? Why aren't there a variety of people to represent "business man" or "person walking outside" or whatever other stock image or clip art you are looking for.

The best way to eliminate racism and institutional privilege is to make people aware it is happening.
1. I think this comes down to marketing to your consumer. But....

2. I have never heard the word nude in reference to color or shade.
3. It depends entirely on the context. If we are talking about a football or basketball player I assume they are black, if hockey then white and if baseball then brown. If someone is describing Europe then white and if Asia then Chinese or Japanese.
4. No bookstore I have ever been to has a section just for black authors.
5. Whites and white males are the largest demographic in the USA so there are going to be alot of pictures of white male businessmen. Are the search results any different in Asia or Africa?

Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
1. I think this comes down to marketing to your consumer. But....

2. I have never heard the word nude in reference to color or shade.
Brown people don't need band aids? I have never seen those in the store. They didn't even make the skin tone pack of crayolas until I was 15. Before that I had to try and mix my own colors if i wanted to color a portrait.

Google nude lingerie and see what turns up. Lingerie an shoes come in "nude"

Quote:
4. No bookstore I have ever been to has a section just for black authors.
Most mainstream ones do. Even when I worked in a mini chain in the south. Books were not double placed in the main section and the black one.

Quote:
5. Whites and white males are the largest demographic in the USA so there are going to be alot of pictures of white male businessmen. Are the search results any different in Asia or Africa?
Maybe. But even if you try to use the stereotype rule and look for an engineer or IT guy the same thing happens.

We have painted some very clear pics as a society about what people look like and do. You said it yourself, if it is an athlete you assume that person is brown. Otherwise an "average" person is white. That is privilege in itself.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What more do I need to know about the teabaggers besides what they say during interviews, what they hold up in signs, and what teabagger politicians say publicly?
What more do you need to know than that? Nothing.

They don't say "I'm miserable that there's a black man in the white house". I listened to Herman Cain's radio show, I watched Tea Party gatherings on the news, listened to interviews with them, listened to Dana Loesch's radio show, read Tea Party blogs and websites. I've watched Allen West and Rand Paul speeches. So don't even try to tell me that they make racist comments all the time.

A few racist signs or blowhards here or there amongs thousands are not representative of what "they" think.

So what you need to do is not listen to them say "I oppose bailouts" and interpret that as meaning "I don't like Obama because he's black", listen to them saying "I oppose government involvement in healthcare" and interprest that as "I don't like Obama because he's black", listen to them say "We need limited government and personal freedom" and interpret that as meaning "I don't like Obama because he's black"

Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Teabaggers are notorious racists, but that's not unusual for conservatives. You're not really going to tell me conservatives are not racists, are you?
And part of the reason they are "notorious" racists is because you continuously call them racists.

They aren't really racists. They aren't really sexists. They aren't really warmongers. They don't really hate poor people. They aren't anti-science.

We aren't any of the things that liberals accuse us of.

Which of course sounds ridiculous on its face. Because "everybody knows it".

But consider that liberals claim there is no bias in education or media. Yet, if you talk to a conservative, the mainstream media is "notoriously" biased and everybody knows it.

And second, there's actual racism and then there's the liberal version of racism. As an example, to many liberals I am a racist because I support Voter ID. I am a racist if I point out that blacks commit more violent crimes than whites. I am a racist if I don't support affirmative action. I am a racist if I say blacks are on welfare, but also a racist if I don't support welfare (that one is a pretty neat trick). I am a racist if I say black teenagers should stay in school and not get pregnant. I'm a racist if I don't think Zimmerman was a racist. I'm a racist if I don't agree that racism is a big problem. I'm a racist if I think black people should speak English instead of ebonics. I'm a racist if I think black people should pay more for car insurance since they get in more car accidents. I'm a racist if I support the 10th amendment.

The list of things that liberals label as racist is absurd. A liberal can easily label you as a racist because virtually anything that is in any way possible to be interpreted as negative about any minority group is proof of racism. One liberal actually said that "incompetent" is a racist code word. Chris Matthews said it was racist to talk about Obama and Chicago, when that's where Obama is from. That's the problem with political correctness. Even things that are factually and provably correct are "racist". I was actually told a while back on this forum that it was racist of me to notice that black people are more likely to commit crimes than white people. The person did not say they weren't more likely to do it, he admitted it was true, but said that it is racist to notice it.

So it is no joke to say that unless you are literally willing to pretend that facts are not facts, you're racist.

So that's how I can say that even though it's common knowledge throughout society that conservatives are racist, they are not really racist.

Quote:
As for racism, since you are interested, here you are:
Types of Discrimination

Also, there is no discrimination per se against whites.
Yes, there is. That's another politically correct fantasy. It's the notion that groups are either victims or oppressors, but not both. Minorities are discriminated against by whites, and at the same time do discriminate against whites, but it isn't politically correct to call it discrimination. I've been to the Cuban areas of Miami where there absolutely is discrimination against whites.

Quote:
There is such a thing as "reverse discrimination" in which whites with a problem might feel that reserving posts for black people is harming them, something I've never encountered in my life and I'm white. I'd love to talk to some of these people (generally white males) who have encountered this situation. Usually, they're Republicans and conservative evangelicals (of course, what else!)
White Republicans and Southern evangelicals most likely to claim reverse discrimination, Stanford research finds | Stanford News Release

I have spoken to students who failed to get into a particular college and proceeded to blame their failure to get in, on discrimination.
So if a black person failed to get in, then it's discrimination. But if a white person failed to get in then the white person "might feel" that affirmative action is harming him, and might "proceed to blame" it on discrimination. Nice way you phrase things.

Whites aren't discriminated against. When they experience a situation that is exactly like discrimination, they just feel like it's discrimination.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:29 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Years ago, I was amazed at the only shoplifting warning for the entire Mal-Wart "Supercenter" being placed above the "Ethnic Hair Care" products...

Just like Denzel Washington as Steve Biko said in Cry Freedom, the label black has has bad connotations, like "black market", "black sheep of the family", etc.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Years ago, I was amazed at the only shoplifting warning for the entire Mal-Wart "Supercenter" being placed above the "Ethnic Hair Care" products...

Just like Denzel Washington as Steve Biko said in Cry Freedom, the label black has has bad connotations, like "black market", "black sheep of the family", etc.
Yeah I've heard that one before. The problem is that black is also the color of darkness, night, shadows, etc and so has had connotations of fear and death in various places throughout history. For example, black is the color of doom and sorrow in Japan. Exactly how many black people do you think the ancient Japanese encountered on a regular basis? Trying to make it racist is as ridiculous as when feminists complained that hurricanes were always given female names as if it was some sexist devaluation of women, while ships, cars, and planes are objects of great value and respect and also referred to as "she".

Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Me thinks some are over sensitive.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

The cold truth is out of 100 people: Black people ARE more likely to steal and so on. Back in the day: "No Irish Need Apply" signs all over the place since us "Irish" people had a real BAD rep for fighting, drinking and just acting stupid. We had to EARN respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies