Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Of course any government agent or peace officer is exempt.

"4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony."

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...ro/HB0545I.HTM

My great grandad had that same order blasted at him too. I'm so glad he didn't comply.

It is sad when a loved one dies, but it is like christmas when you find the stash, you didn't know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times
There is no way this bill will pass.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Well regulated means well armed.
We are the militia.
We are the minute men.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
I'm glad I live in Texas were a number of Sheriffs have come out and said they will not enforce any new gun control laws from washington.

http://main.montgomerycountypolicere...01/image18.png

Collin County Sheriff Won't Enforce Gun Laws That He Says Violate Constitution | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times
What is the makeup of the Missouri legislator?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:07 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
Quote:
Yes the nazi's cared for the elderly and disabled very well. I guess in your opinion. The US isn't Canada. I don't care what they do. Canada has no military we protect them. Germany on the other hand confiscated guns and built their military while everybody stood by and watched then starting killing everybody they deemed unworthy and they had no recourse.
No the USA is not Canada, but the claim that the government taking away assault weapons is the start down the road into a Nazi like dictatorship is disproved by the example of countries like Canada or Europe over many decades. It's called evidence in other countries across a long period time that haven't become this unimaginible horror after doing so. While your only evidence that the Nazi's did it to Jews at some point.

They did a lot of things; it doesn't mean those things were always leading to murdering millions of people.

They did have the first modern Social Security and Social Welfare programs if you had any knowledge about Germany at all. At the time other countries were letting their poor and elderly die in the streets, Bismarck set up the first welfare system in 1883 (and continued through Nazi times to today) that didn't exist in the most basic forms in the US till 1935.

Again if you want to start spouting things, you should really do a bit of research or else it just makes you look like a complete idiot. Canada's military is a modern equipped forced of ~115,000. It's not the size or strength of the US, but well above zero as you state. Have some basic knowledge about the world.

This is very basic logical reasoning and history; it would qualify as easy to maybe medium difficulty questions on “Are You Smarter then a Fifth Grader.” I don’t see why I needed to rehash this like three times when it should have been covered before completing Elementary school.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
The Nazi's also proposed cars people could afford, and caring for the elderly, that dogs make good pets...

It's just Godwin's law applied to people the OP feels should speak. An argument stands or falls on its own merit, not on the merit of who said it or used it in the past. Canada hasn't had assault weapons for many years and it hasn't descended into the Fourth Reich. Screaming Hitler and Nazi about everything without any other thought is beginning to sound like an angry mentally disabled howler monkey.
You can't use this word - it is a racist code word, similar to "Chicago" or "golf".

Old 02-14-2013, 03:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
No the USA is not Canada, but the claim that the government taking away assault weapons is the start down the road into a Nazi like dictatorship is disproved by the example of countries like Canada or Europe over many decades. It's called evidence in other countries across a long period time that haven't become this unimaginible horror after doing so. While your only evidence that the Nazi's did it to Jews at some point.

They did a lot of things; it doesn't mean those things were always leading to murdering millions of people.

They did have the first modern Social Security and Social Welfare programs if you had any knowledge about Germany at all. At the time other countries were letting their poor and elderly die in the streets, Bismarck set up the first welfare system in 1883 (and continued through Nazi times to today) that didn't exist in the most basic forms in the US till 1935.

Again if you want to start spouting things, you should really do a bit of research or else it just makes you look like a complete idiot. Canada's military is a modern equipped forced of ~115,000. It's not the size or strength of the US, but well above zero as you state. Have some basic knowledge about the world.

This is very basic logical reasoning and history; it would qualify as easy to maybe medium difficulty questions on “Are You Smarter then a Fifth Grader.” I don’t see why I needed to rehash this like three times when it should have been covered before completing Elementary school.
Spare me your history lesson. You want to defend Nazi German and ignore what they did just like you want to ignore the genocides in Attoman Turkey, Soviet Union, Guatamala, Uganda, Cambodia and you could even add in China. Reason your way out of that and try and do it without calling others idiots when you are the one who is standing by ignoring history while millions were massacred. You are a very disturbing poster and your defense of Nazi Germany is just the tip of the iceberg I think.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Spare me your history lesson. You want to defend Nazi German and ignore what they did just like you want to ignore the genocides in Attoman Turkey, Soviet Union, Guatamala, Uganda, Cambodia and you could even add in China. Reason your way out of that and try and do it without calling others idiots when you are the one who is standing by ignoring history while millions were massacred. You are a very disturbing poster and your defense of Nazi Germany is just the tip of the iceberg I think.

We have lost KUchief25, we just don't know it yet. Honestly, look at the history of the constitution, the changes, the various amendments that have completely changed the direction of power, its meaning, its purpose. Look at the years of indoctrination that has occurred where you are arguing with other Americans about freedom, liberty, and the respect for such.

We have LOST. You won't win this in court, in discussion, in civility. We are done.

The American people aren't ready for revolution, they aren't ready to fight (I mean, if they were, we could have settled this with the system). We are DONE, it is OVER and the only thing that will wake people up is the cold hard lash of its masters which we are still a ways away from fully seeing as a society clings to its fairy tale of reality.

We are done... They will understand eventually, but they will have to truly "experience" it before they "understand". Hopefully, you and I are dead when that happens, because I don't want to be around to say "I told you so" as I would be more likely to shoot them due to the frustration.

We are done.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
We have lost KUchief25, we just don't know it yet. Honestly, look at the history of the constitution, the changes, the various amendments that have completely changed the direction of power, its meaning, its purpose. Look at the years of indoctrination that has occurred where you are arguing with other Americans about freedom, liberty, and the respect for such.

We have LOST. You won't win this in court, in discussion, in civility. We are done.

The American people aren't ready for revolution, they aren't ready to fight (I mean, if they were, we could have settled this with the system). We are DONE, it is OVER and the only thing that will wake people up is the cold hard lash of its masters which we are still a ways away from fully seeing as a society clings to its fairy tale of reality.

We are done... They will understand eventually, but they will have to truly "experience" it before they "understand". Hopefully, you and I are dead when that happens, because I don't want to be around to say "I told you so" as I would be more likely to shoot them due to the frustration.

We are done.
I think many still won't understand even as their friends and relatives mysteriously disappear. Appease the beast and hope he eats you last. Yes all that will be left to do is go out with your boots on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies