Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
It's not like they were getting any contracts from those governments anyway so this is just an obvious attempt for some free publicity.
Why? Where is your source for this information?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Just heard on NM news that no Co law has passed yet it is going to the senate so lets keep writing our letters and sending messages to end this joke while historian dude is writing non truths.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Just heard on NM news that no Co law has passed yet it is going to the senate so lets keep writing our letters and sending messages to end this joke while historian dude is writing non truths.
No kidding! Seems a few roosters are crowing before sunrise. Gotta love them libbys, slobbering over 500 more folks out of work, just to make it feel warm and fuzzy over taking a swipe at the 2A. These groups of grabbers don't care how many people get hurt, or how much damage is done, so long as they get their agenda furthered.

Oh I can here the retorts, on how much damage and hurt guns cause. Well, there are far more lives saved, and damage prevented by guns used by honest folks defending themselves than the gun grabbing groups and their puppets in the media will ever admit.

By taking such joy in putting these folks at mag pul and Kimber out of work, the leftists show their true lack of compassion. How many of these now out of work folks will be in desperate situations? Possibly pushed over the edge?

If this were any other industry, the howls of indignation at corporate lack of compassion for workers, would be echoing across the country. Not in this case. Folks like HistorianDude are taking perverse pleasure in seeing the lives of workers in the firearms industry destroyed. Disgusting, deplorable,hypocrisy!

But hey, the antis can feel like they just wet the bed with joy. And tell themselves that these workers, whos lives they helped destroy, had it coming for daring to take jobs in tbe firearms industry. Makes me wanna hurl....

Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'd really like to see Smith & Wesson and Glock get on board with this.
Yes Austrian owned Glock is going to jump on some 2nd Amendment band wagon. Right!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yes Austrian owned Glock is going to jump on some 2nd Amendment band wagon. Right!
Why not? Overall Glock sells a lot more firearms to civilians than they do to LE.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I find it amusing that a lot of these legislators who are writting all these gun ban laws are also recieveing campaign donations from the NRA. They are not only supporting the disarming of the citizens but also biting the hand that feeds them. It will be interestiing to see how many of them are re-elected after they have supported these bans.....
I was just thinking the same thing. I can't wait to see what happens in Colorado the next election. What has happened here is the Fuhrer created this fear in the lessor minded voters (Democrats) that the big bad Republicans are going to put you out on the street and you'll loose everything you have and your kids will have no shoes and those left working will be reduced to minimum wage.. and they bought it and voted for him.. Not thinking that after the election he had nothing to loose and can push whatever the hell he want's..

All those blue collar workers that hunt, fish, trap and enjoy shooting are now faced with the beginning of the end of their 2nd amendment rights. Democrats ALWAYS need someone or something to demonize and create fear or they have nothing to control their voters with.

Can't wait for the next election cycle!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Pass or doesn't pass it's not going to make a difference in gun crimes. Criminals will still get guns, wack jobs will still get guns... The last ban proved that for 10 years and this one will do the same. You folks fight like hell to keep your right to bear arms!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I say to all those in NY that love their guns, Come on down to Florida. Its a gun state and its warm and ten times better then NY. Get some sun and time on the range. Screw NY and all that cold.
Is someone forcing you to do something in/with/about NY?
If not, free floating anger can cause health problems.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Most Glocks sold in the USA are made in Alabama...

Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
It is already illegal, at least in California, for someone to carry a loaded/concealed firearm in public. It is now illegal for someone to carry an unloaded firearm in public; there are exceptions, of course, going too and from a shooting range, on private property, etc.

Ok, so please understand what I am going to say here: California is in very strict fiscal issues. County jails and state prisons are bursting at the seams. How are we going to lock up all these people? NO ONE wants to pay more taxes to put people in jail, build more jails, etc. Its not just California, its across the country. Shoot, we just tried to ban the death penalty and the major reason was costs.

By reading your post, you are in favor of a gun ban period. You want to ban all guns and yes, confiscate them if necessary. You do not believe in the private ownership of guns.

My point is more direct: Such issues will not work. There are too many guns in this country to do so. Confiscation? Do you realize the amount of firefights which would occur? Are you really for advocating sending police and military door to door to take firearms away from persons? And you, again, are going to lock all these people up? We cannot afford the social/welfare programs we have now. How are we going to fund the HUGE influx in police, judicial officers, and corrections? Not too mention the fall out of the personal family, when "daddy" is now in prison?

The issue is huge and, I'm sorry to say, YOU and other anti gun persons have not really thought this issue out. It feels good, it looks good on a piece of paper. However, in reality it does not stand up.

You want to "look toward the future." Uh, ok. But, what about future weapons? If the military adopts a "phaser," you don't think it won't be available and/or made available to the civilian population? Then what?

IF you truly want to do something to combat firearms violence, slap a tax on firearms and ammunition. Use that money SOLELY to fund mental health issues. Make sure it can't be used for anything else. THAT will help the issue.
On the contrary, Phil, I have spent a great deal of time thinking this issue through. I believe it is the gun advocates' knee-jerk defenses of the status-quo, despite the fast growing carnage, who are short in the area of reflective thought. And talking about diverting resources to mental health issues is pure diversion and deflection. No matter what you do, the vast majority of deadly threats to public safety won't be identified until they commit an unspeakable act of violence.

I think gun advocacy stems from programming, much like devout religious beliefs come from programming. And those who repeat endlessly that the genie is out of the bottle - or the cat is out of the bag - or some such thing - are simply unable or unwilling to think outside the box. I consider myself fortunate to have not grown up around guns, so have been free to see them as the menace and the tools of evil that they are. On the other hand, I think most gun advocates have been locked in to the twisted concept that guns are an integral part of life from early childhood. Our gun obsessed culture is a very sick one and needs to evolve and change.

I'm particularly puzzled at your stance because, as a police officer, you face a greater personal risk from gun violence than the rest of us. If I'm in your shoes, I'm solidly behind measures taken to reduce that risk.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree as I strongly believe ridding our culture of the plague of guns and the tragedy that they inevitably bring upon us is something we can do - and must do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies