Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times

Advertisements

"A man charged with slapping a toddler on a Minneapolis-to-Atlanta flight is out of a job, his former employer said Sunday.

Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, of Hayden, Idaho, is no longer an employee of AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group, Daniel Keeney of DPK Public Relations confirmed Sunday night.

Al Haase, president and CEO of AGC, issued a statement early Sunday that, while not referring to Hundley by name, called reports of behavior by one of its executives on recent personal travel "offensive and disturbing" and said he "is no longer employed with the company." Keeney would not say whether Hundley was fired or resigned. Hundley was president of AGC's Unitech Composites and Structures unit.

Hundley was charged last week in federal court in Atlanta with simple assault for allegedly slapping the 2-year-old boy during the Feb. 8 flight. His attorney, Marcia Shein, of Decatur, Ga., said Saturday that Hundley will plead not guilty. The charge carries a maximum penalty of a year in jail."

Joe Rickey Hundley, Accused Of Slapping Toddler On Plane Flight, Now Out Of A Job

Rightly so.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 02-18-2013 at 01:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Not surprising given how public his actions were.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
You have to wonder if the guy has early onset dementia.

Nobody makes it through life to his age and position at a company and then just suddenly does something so completely crazy as that without some issues (other than just alcohol) that have developed later in life. IMO.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I think AGC handled this event perfectly. They suspended Hundley until they knew all the facts, then fired him fast. AGC has a lot of business in the defense industry and in civilian airplane parts. An incident like this could have proven toxic to a good American parts business if they had chosen to ignore it.

Joe Rickey should consider himself lucky. If that kid had been mine, he would be nursing a broken nose right now and I'd be sitting in a lockup somewhere in Florida, but no one has the right to slap a baby under any conditions! He makes me wonder how he treated all the people who worked under him, and how he thought he could do such a thing with impunity.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
Alcohol plus altitude makes people do stupid things. It lowers their inhibition to do or say things that their internal dialogue would otherwise talk them out of.

AGC made a wise move. You don't want the bigoted baby-slapper handling negotiations for the next defense contract!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You have to wonder if the guy has early onset dementia.

Nobody makes it through life to his age and position at a company and then just suddenly does something so completely crazy as that without some issues (other than just alcohol) that have developed later in life. IMO.
Yep, my Father has this and it isn't pretty. He has good days and bad days. The bad days are rough.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think AGC handled this event perfectly. They suspended Hundley until they knew all the facts, then fired him fast. AGC has a lot of business in the defense industry and in civilian airplane parts. An incident like this could have proven toxic to a good American parts business if they had chosen to ignore it.

Joe Rickey should consider himself lucky. If that kid had been mine, he would be nursing a broken nose right now and I'd be sitting in a lockup somewhere in Florida, but no one has the right to slap a baby under any conditions! He makes me wonder how he treated all the people who worked under him, and how he thought he could do such a thing with impunity.
Here's the thing....If the baby's Daddy had been sitting there I'll bet he wouldn't have done anything even close to this type thing. I think the Mom should sue too for the vile things he said in her ear. I am so glad she yelled. Wonder if others have been afraid to say anything, cause this guy has probably pulled this before....Disgusting person.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the difference between him and me is after that a 2 year old kicked me with those patent leather shoes for 1.5 hours, i still made it off the plane without blowing up. but for the grace of God i made it to retirement.
some of the worlds most rotten parents fly the airlines daily.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,869 times
People do stupid things like let a baby go nuts on a flight and then wonder why people react this way.

Last edited by tropical87; 02-18-2013 at 04:04 PM..

Old 02-18-2013, 03:04 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

You're way nicer than me. They'd still be trying to pry my hands off of his throat if he hit my child or grandchild.

Let the SOB starve in the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies