Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,072,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I decided against having kids for many reasons, but not having money was not one of them. However, the way you speak, as if you knew everyone in the U.S. who was receiving assistance is (to be polite) ridiculous. You're not the only one who engages in this. It's the typical right wing hatred of the poor - the poor are lazy, cheats, stealing us blind, live incredibly well, are the cause of our debt/deficit. All typical propaganda formats to scapegoat the poor. And the interesting thing of it is, I'll bet any amount of money that the ones spewing all this propaganda have heard the propaganda, and are repeating and imagining millions of poor people out there personally stealing from them.

Now, how can I have any form of respect for right wingers, when propaganda is all they know, all they speak, and all they focus on? The answer is: I can't and I don't have any respect for right wingers. None, zip, nada. Lying is what right wingers do best. I'm so used to right wingers lying and spreading lies, that if a right winger were in a pool drowning, I'd probably think he's lying and just trying to create a scandal - like the boy who cried wolf.
It appears that you are projecting again. Can you provide a single example of a "right-winger" lie? Name one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,554 times
Quote:
I decided against having kids for many reasons, but not having money was not one of them. However, the way you speak, as if you knew everyone in the U.S. who was receiving assistance is (to be polite) ridiculous. You're not the only one who engages in this. It's the typical right wing hatred of the poor - the poor are lazy, cheats, stealing us blind, live incredibly well, are the cause of our debt/deficit. All typical propaganda formats to scapegoat the poor. And the interesting thing of it is, I'll bet any amount of money that the ones spewing all this propaganda have heard the propaganda, and are repeating and imagining millions of poor people out there personally stealing from them.

Now, how can I have any form of respect for right wingers, when propaganda is all they know, all they speak, and all they focus on? The answer is: I can't and I don't have any respect for right wingers. None, zip, nada. Lying is what right wingers do best. I'm so used to right wingers lying and spreading lies, that if a right winger were in a pool drowning, I'd probably think he's lying and just trying to create a scandal - like the boy who cried wolf.
I think you're blinded by your hatred towards right wingers.

100% of right wingers don't believe 100% of those on welfare are cheats. Its the ones that are cheating the system that need to be removed, and figure out ways that it cannot be continually abused. There needs to be reform and personal accountability. There are legitimate reasons to get assistance, and there aren't. If you can't acknowledge that and don't feel it needs to be looked into, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,072,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post

100% of right wingers don't believe 100% of those on welfare are cheats. Its the ones that are cheating the system that need to be removed, and figure out ways that it cannot be continually abused. There needs to be reform and personal accountability. There are legitimate reasons to get assistance, and there aren't. If you can't acknowledge that and don't feel it needs to be looked into, I don't know what to tell you.
The system itself is the cheat, is the fraud. Even when administrered properly, it is a fraud, a waste, and an abuse of those who fund it.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
It appears that you are projecting again. Can you provide a single example of a "right-winger" lie? Name one.
Sure! Read through this thread and pick out all right wing comments. All lies, not one fact, not anything with logic, ever.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:

I'm going to absolve myself of my hatred toward right wingers - I'll say one our father and 2 hail marys. lol I doubt I'm going to hell for this though. Right wing Americans are the most malevolent, malicious, nefarious, propaganda-spewing, ignorant, corporate-brownnosing, racist, discrimination-loving, unlearned, illogical, evil, shallow, conscienceless, low intelligence worshippers of the rich I have ever encountered. And right wingers keep proving that to me over and over, in real life, on TV, online, everywhere. Not one is worth the oxygen they inhale. So even if I tried to like right wingers, right wingers are making it impossible for me to do so.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It isn't the adult that doesn't work who is justified in receiving the support, it's the child.

We're kind of trapped. We give the money for the sake of the child, who is innocent. We can't force women to not have kids, because that would violate their rights. So we're locked into paying for any woman who has a child and doesn't work. Regardless of why she isn't working.

This is why I feel that prior to collecting any sort of welfare a person must sign on the dotted line that they will get birth control via implant in order to collect. There are requirements for everything, why not welfare? If you want to have babies then do it on your dollar, not the tax payers. This way they will not continue to have children just to collect from the govt. We live in a society with a bunch of mooches, not saying all of them but a good number.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
This is why I feel that prior to collecting any sort of welfare a person must sign on the dotted line that they will get birth control via implant in order to collect. There are requirements for everything, why not welfare? If you want to have babies then do it on your dollar, not the tax payers. This way they will not continue to have children just to collect from the govt. We live in a society with a bunch of mooches, not saying all of them but a good number.
If you lived in another advanced nation, you'd be very unhappy with their social programs, wouldn't you?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I'm going to absolve myself of my hatred toward right wingers - I'll say one our father and 2 hail marys. lol I doubt I'm going to hell for this though. Right wing Americans are the most malevolent, malicious, nefarious, propaganda-spewing, ignorant, corporate-brownnosing, racist, discrimination-loving, unlearned, illogical, evil, shallow, conscienceless, low intelligence worshippers of the rich I have ever encountered. And right wingers keep proving that to me over and over, in real life, on TV, online, everywhere. Not one is worth the oxygen they inhale. So even if I tried to like right wingers, right wingers are making it impossible for me to do so.

You're offensive and really, I think suffering from dementia. Keep on being blinded by your party affiliations.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
You're offensive and really, I think suffering from dementia. Keep on being blinded by your party affiliations.
Actually, no, it's quite the other way around. You just can't stand that I point out the malevolence of right wingers. Get used to it. I will continue to point it out.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Actually, no, it's quite the other way around. You just can't stand that I point out the malevolence of right wingers. Get used to it. I will continue to point it out.
I don't need to get used to it, because I personally know some good right wingers, bad right wingers, good left wingers and bad left wingers. But lets continue down the path of stereotyping, that always ends well. (I bet that's one right wing tid bit that you don't like about them, yet youre drowning yourself in your own stereotypes. Oh irony.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies