Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

I was at a Gun Show (Crossroads of the West Gun Show) in Phoenix this past weekend - 1000's of people. Women were a very active segment of buyers. VERY ACTIVE BUYERS.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh BS. Men? Brave? If someone is going to abandon someone in dire circumstances, it's almost always males. They pass out at the sight of blood, too often have no patience where patience is required to overcome something, abandon their relatives who are in hospitals and nursing homes, are not vigilant, make few if any sacrifices, but oh yeah they do toot their horn for what little they do, and demand credit for things they deserve no credit for. Brave my _ss.

dont say that, not every person is the same. I have seen women do the same thing that you accuse all men of doing. just about anything that a man can do a woman can too, except for a few things, it is also the same visa versus.

I dont need credit, and dont pass out at the sight of any blood, and did not abandon my mom or dad when they needed me before they passed away. my sacrfises that I make in life have always been to my family, everyone else is just gonna have to wait.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I was at a Gun Show (Crossroads of the West Gun Show) in Phoenix this past weekend - 1000's of people. Women were a very active segment of buyers. VERY ACTIVE BUYERS.

But the killers and the ones committing violence are the males.

http://www.wikigender.org/index.php/Gender_and_Crime

Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
dont say that, not every person is the same. I have seen women do the same thing that you accuse all men of doing. just about anything that a man can do a woman can too, except for a few things, it is also the same visa versus.

I dont need credit, and dont pass out at the sight of any blood, and did not abandon my mom or dad when they needed me before they passed away. my sacrfises that I make in life have always been to my family, everyone else is just gonna have to wait.
No doubt there are exceptions, but they're exceptions, and they're exceptions because it's not the rule.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
But the killers and the ones committing violence are the males.

http://www.wikigender.org/index.php/Gender_and_Crime

women also commit violence, just at a lower rate than men. dont give us a load of hogwash and tell us that the clothes are still clean.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
women also commit violence, just at a lower rate than men. dont give us a load of hogwash and tell us that the clothes are still clean.

Of those murders in which the gender of the perpetrator were known, 89.7 % were male, according to the FBI.

Expanded Homicide Data - Crime in the United States 2009

Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 PM

86 posts, read 233,093 times
Quote:
Oh BS. Men? Brave? If someone is going to abandon someone in dire circumstances, it's almost always males. They pass out at the sight of blood, too often have no patience where patience is required to overcome something, abandon their relatives who are in hospitals and nursing homes, are not vigilant, make few if any sacrifices, but oh yeah they do toot their horn for what little they do, and demand credit for things they deserve no credit for. Brave my _ss.
It would seem that we have a genuine misandrist in our mist.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Of those murders in which the gender of the perpetrator were known, 89.7 % were male, according to the FBI.

Expanded Homicide Data - Crime in the United States 2009

that means that almost 12% are women. still at a lower rate, but still women commit the crimes just as men do.

women are not the innocent beings you like to think they are.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
that means that almost 12% are women. still at a lower rate, but still women commit the crimes just as men do.

women are not the innocent beings you like to think they are.

Damned near close to all the heinous things done to other humans are done by males. Not all, but close enough. Not a very nice gender, and definitely the one that should least be permitted to own guns.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 PM

86 posts, read 233,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
How many women go on shooting rampages? how many of the mass shootings are women? How many female serial killers?

So the choice is an overly aggressive male with an ego to satisfy, or a clear thinking woman. Guess I'd opt for the woman.
I think I addressed your question here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat45 View Post
Several earlier posters on this thread voiced this misconception.

Contrary to the OP dub dub II's loony ravings, women are every bit as capable as men in most situations that don't require male physical strength. Unfortunately, that also applies to violence.

Just to give the ladies their due, we must remember:

Brenda Ann Spencer, the 16 year old female crazy who open fire on school children in San Diego in 1979. After firing 30 rounds from her home across the street from the school, two adults were murdered, and eight young children and a police officer were injured.

I guess "technically" she might not be considered a "mass" murderer, but it certainly wasn't for the lack of trying.

In 1985, a female high school student named Heather Smith shot and killed two male students at school before killing herself.

Or how about Jennifer San Marco, the female crazy who, in January of 2006, shot and killed seven people including six fellow postal workers at a mail processing plant before killing herself in Goleta California.

Laurie Wasserman Dann, in May 1988,shot six children, killing a eight year old at Hubbard Woods Elementary School in Winnetka, Ill.

Sylvia Seegrist, Springfield Mall shooter, 1985, killed three people and wounded seven others.

I'm sure there are many, many more that are gun-related, but non-gun related female mass-murders are quite common. Women commit the majority of child homicides in the United States.

For example, in 1998, Khoua Her strangled her six children, ages 5 to 11 in Minnesota.

And who can forget Andrea Yeats the Texas woman, who in 2001 drowned her five young children in the family bathtub.

Diane Downs murdered her children.

Susan Smith murdered her two children.

Karla Homolka, kidnapped, raped, and murdered three young women.

Beverly Allitt, a nurse, attacked thirteen young children and murdered four.

Aileen Wuornos murdered seven men in Florida in 1989 and 1990.

Rosemary West tortured and murdered at least ten young women in the 1990s.

Patricia Kirby killed four people in 1986 by burning them alive.

An let's not forget Susan Atkins, Leslie Van Houten, and Patricia Krenwinkel, the females that stabled their numerous victims twenty to thirty times as they helped Charley Manson commit his murderous atrocities.

Unfortunately, the list goes on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies