Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I mean, a man with a gun, with the justification of "protecting his family", I can understand. I think it's paranoid, but I understand.

Women with guns? Especially if they're carrying them around in public? That's a scary thought....

A man who is protecting his family doesn't really have the need for a gun outside of the home/car. Sure, he might carry it...but really, I can rest assured that no man, really, is going to lose his cool in public if he's carrying...especially if his motivation is to protect his family. He has it as a defensive measure...and the crazies around shouldn't really ruin that for them.

A woman...I don't know about that one. I mean, they ARE the crazy around. It seems to me that they'd panic and end up doing something stupid...like maybe she's walking home in the middle of the night, and she drops something, a guy who happens to be following her picks it up and starts to run after...the girl panics, and bang, someone is dead....

I'm just saying, women think differently...we know this. Perhaps putting a gun in their hands...is a bit, umm, foolhardy?

(As a side note...what the hell is everyone doing that they feel they need a gun to protect themselves? From what? Yeah I know robbery and rape happen...but I've been around for some time now, and I've never heard of anyone being robbed or raped...maybe I live in a good area, idk...or maybe everyone keeps quiet and I've just been lucky)
Oh, good lord.

Surely this is a troll thread. You can't be serious!

I am a woman and I've actually used a gun to PROTECT myself from a crime - and I didn't even have to fire a single shot.

I'm a responsible gun owner and have never had any sort of accident involving a gun. I have no criminal record. I am mentally sound.

Leave me alone.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
: hamd:

I'm a woman, live at the top of the Rockies in Montana, drive a truck, fish, get firewood for my family and can outshoot the men in my family. I don't carry in public unless it's hunting season but I do have my CWP and have the right to do so. Do I get emotional? Hell yes!!!! WHEN I GET THE BIGGEST BULL OR BUCK OF THE YEAR. I'm on top of the world when that happens. You can take your double standard opinion along with the lack of whatever you are compensating for and shove it. Men like you give women a reason to carry a firearm.
Do you have a picture of your pick-up truck? Just kidding, I could not resist!

I love Glacier National Park. It is the closest thing in sheer beauty to Alaska than I have ever seen in the lower-48.

Be careful with your boast about out shooting men Ms "Annie Oakley," you know how much us guys love a challenge.

I carry anytime of the year I am likely to encounter bear or moose, which pretty much covers the entire year. At 6'-7" and 250 pounds, I do not get bothered by many people, so they are not a concern. However, in the bush I am not the biggest baddest critter in the forest, and if not for my tools I would not be on top of the food chain.

Come to Alaska sometime in August and we can hunt caribou. I know a great spot out by Paxson.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 AM

398 posts, read 819,044 times
Women not having guns to protect themselves is maybe one of the most ironic things going on in our country right now.
Did not Leon Panetta just come out and say women should be allowed to fight on the front lines and are not most liberals for this plan?
Now , which is it?
Women fighting on the front lines (hope they have a load of guns!)?
or
Women should not have guns for domestic use?
We can not have this both ways. Make up your minds liberals. Either women are to be completely trusted to "fight like a man"..or women are 'too sensitive and soft" to carry a weapon to protect themselves.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
only thing more scary is nacy pelosi with a gun

Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 AM

651 posts, read 705,394 times
Yes, Asians with SUVs

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM

651 posts, read 705,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, good lord.

Surely this is a troll thread. You can't be serious!

I am a woman and I've actually used a gun to PROTECT myself from a crime - and I didn't even have to fire a single shot.

I'm a responsible gun owner and have never had any sort of accident involving a gun. I have no criminal record. I am mentally sound.

Leave me alone.
Kahr is one POS gun company. Moonie gun. Justin Moon owner son of Ref. Moon of the moonies.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
Women not having guns to protect themselves is maybe one of the most ironic things going on in our country right now.
Did not Leon Panetta just come out and say women should be allowed to fight on the front lines and are not most liberals for this plan?
Now , which is it?
Women fighting on the front lines (hope they have a load of guns!)?
or
Women should not have guns for domestic use?
We can not have this both ways. Make up your minds liberals. Either women are to be completely trusted to "fight like a man"..or women are 'too sensitive and soft" to carry a weapon to protect themselves.
Indeed. What happened to equality?

Funny how those who preach equality are the least tolerant of true equality, on both the left and right.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well...tbats just it though. "Mama bear syndrome" is descriptive, but taken out of context.
A woman wbo has taken the responsibility to buy a firearm for defense, is actually LESS likely than a lot of males to panic and shoot at shadows. Men are more confrontational. Aggresive instinct takes a lot more effort for a man to control than a woman. The type of woman the OP describes is not likely at all to have a gun in the first place. Yes, there are some marketing campaigns that target women. The women I know find them mildly amusing. Pink guns do exist. I have seen some smaller, carry type, guns with pink and glitter motifes. They are a flop. Rare in actual use.

The reason I state I feel an armed woman, protecting a child, is more dangerous is because she is LESS likely to panic. More likely to shoot to kill, with focus and mindset. A mans aggressive nature can skew perception and remove focus from putting a speedy end to the threat. Many will choose to posture and shout warnings. Bad idea.

If the threat is grave enough to draw, the objective is to shoot, yezterday. IMHO, women can do that, with less training anx conditioning than men. Just something I have noticed. My experiences may vary from others.
\

I have had pretty much the same observation... The only other thing I have noticed is at the range the women are dead serious and focused. A lot of the men, not so much..

Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
\

I have had pretty much the same observation... The only other thing I have noticed is at the range the women are dead serious and focused. A lot of the men, not so much..
I have made the same observation myself. Particularly in regard to range safety. Women appear to be much more attentive than many men.

That is why I always go to the range with someone before I go hunting with them. Their range etiquette tells me a great deal about how they will behave in the field.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Fat people with donuts is scarier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies