Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This video is from Canada. It depicts a man spread eagle surrendering, and they beat the crap out of him.
Next up is in LA where they shoot a man in the back that is running away, then claim self-defense.
» Police Come Upon Surrendered Suspect, Proceed To Beat Him Viciously Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

4 Police Officers Loses It & Brutally Beats Down Suspect Instead of Making Arrest_ Police Brutality - YouTube

4409 -- LAPD chase man EXECUTE him Claim Self Defense - YouTube#!

This one is a woman that gets beaten for being on her cell phone while driving in L.A., unbelievable.
4409 -- LAPD slams woman on concrete then FIST BUMP - YouTube

what is going on? I can understand one rogue cop, but not a gang of them all covering for eachother. Then the department and the city cover for them.
We need a zero tolerance policy for them.
By this measure, I should be hating all black people, because of the actions of a few. But that would be racist, now wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
By this measure, I should be hating all black people, because of the actions of a few. But that would be racist, now wouldn't it?
We all (cops included) should be supporting the apprehension and prosecution of some of the criminals shown in those videos. Black, brown, blue or whatever color they are.

The worst instances I've had with police as a black man has come from black officers.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Wesee otehrs assultingothers by thousands ;beatig old ladies on head for a few bucks and we think its unusual for one cop to go crazy? I guess some think wearing mask should be poitlawed by protestoers alos since they hide their faces to disgise crimes they committ.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He specifically pointed out his issues with "OFFICERS GETTING AWAY WITH THEIR CRIMES"

They should not be above the law. I have been a victim of police abuse of power. Perjury, obstruction of justice, falsifying documents.

Police abuse is real. Reform is needed. Even some officers believe so. The good ones at least.

Your absolutely right, they should not be above the law, and anyone that is should be prosecuted...but gain, as in everything else, there are always some bad ones...police abuse has been going on since day one....but there are in fact, many more good cops then bad ones....

Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you are full of it, honestly, you have a serious problem, perhaps had problems with the law, or problems obeying rules....whatever your problem...you need help....honestly...to dislike a people this much, there is definately something going on here....are you in need of attention? I bet you any money, you've been a problem child, with no respect for rules...chip on your shoulder, you feel that rules probably don't apply to you or shouldn't.

for every bad story there are 10 great ones....unfortunately, the great ones do not get publisized.

I'll tell you what, remember in one of my posts I said, cops surely do not get paid enough....well they don't and we here in the U.S. need to revisit that one for sure....any way, these boards that hire police officers, know, that most of the men who are applying have a great passion for law enforcement and they would work for pennies...just to be a police officer...so, these communities across the U.S. take advantage of that, and pay them pennies. I don't believe anyone here has any idea what the hiring process is like? They want to hire the best, but they don't want to pay them any kind of decent wage.
If we didn't have police officers, by God, everything would be chaotic...

Compassionate Police Officer Does Something So Kind for a Homeless Man
You seem to be the one taking this personally, they are not heroes just because they wear a uniform. I actually used to admire them. I've had very little contact with them over my lifetime. I had a DUI about 30 years ago, that's it. I was treated fairly. My awareness has grown over the years as to police brutality, the victims of such, and it's getting worse. Putting your blinders on, is not in the publics best interest. I always viewed them as protectors and brave like you, now I see them more as cowards hiding behind a badge, their cohorts and the corrupt system in which they get the benefit of the doubt and we are forced to prove our innocence. It used to be the other way around, we were innocent until proven guilty.
The scales of justice are weighted against us.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You seem to be the one taking this personally, they are not heroes just because they wear a uniform. I actually used to admire them. I've had very little contact with them over my lifetime. I had a DUI about 30 years ago, that's it. I was treated fairly. My awareness has grown over the years as to police brutality, the victims of such, and it's getting worse. Putting your blinders on, is not in the publics best interest. I always viewed them as protectors and brave like you, now I see them more as cowards hiding behind a badge, their cohorts and the corrupt system in which they get the benefit of the doubt and we are forced to prove our innocence. It used to be the other way around, we were innocent until proven guilty.
The scales of justice are weighted against us.
My son is a police officer...we've discussed this issue....as I said and will say, without blinders...
you can't down an entire group/race or whatever, for the misdoings of some....

some may be corrupt, however, they are not all corrupt...period.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
Again, you're correct in my opinion. The cops are definitely NOT held to the same standards as civilians! They can shoot and kill someone, anyone, for anything and rarely get a slap on the wrist! You or I would go to prison or worse! They "investigate" themselves! What a sick joke. Feds are even worse! Cops lie, cheat, and steal more than so-called criminals. They manufacture evidence. They disgust me. They are a national gang of thugs. They ruin innocent lives on a daily basis! We, on the other hand are guilty until proven innocent. It can cost a fortune to prove innocence. I don't shed a tear when they get taken out! They disgust me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Thanks for the post. Below is the reason cops are out of control in this country...

Iron Brotherhood fight footage: Video shows off-duty police officers brawling with bar customers, employees - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

"According to Prescott Police policy, officers involved in a fight not classified as a crime face consequences ranging from counseling by a supervisor to a 10-day suspension for conduct unbecoming an officer, Prescott Police Lt. Ken Morley said. For a misdemeanor fight, sanctions range from counseling by a supervisor to dismissal for a first offense. For a felony fight, repercussions range from a written reprimand to dismissal."

Are you kidding me?? Do you know how much the average person would pay in court fees alone?? The cops
had knives in a club that didn't permit knives and jumped a guy on camera.

How are they better than "real gangs"?

Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Concerns about organized or collective law enforcement abuse of power, etc, are not new....

The Bastiat Collection - The Law (first published in 1850)

The law guilty of that very iniquity which it was its mission to punish! Truly, this is a serious fact, if it exists, and one to which I feel bound to call the attention of my fellow citizens. (pg 49)

If every man has the right of defending, even by force, his person, his liberty, and his property, a number of men have the right to combine together to extend, to organize a common force to provide regularly for this defense. (pg 50)

Collective right, then, has its principle, its reason for existing, its lawfulness, in individual right... Thus, as the force of an individual cannot lawfully touch the person, the liberty, or the property of another individual—for the same reason, the common force cannot lawfully be used to destroy the person, the liberty, or the property of individuals or of classes.

...And if this be not true of every individual force, acting independently, how can it be true of the collective force, which is only the organized union of isolated forces?

Nothing, therefore, can be more evident than this: The law is the organization of the natural right of lawful defense; it is the substitution of collective for individual forces, for the purpose of acting in the sphere in which they have a right to act, of doing what they have a right to do, to secure persons, liberties, and properties, and to maintain each in its right, so as to cause justice to reign over all.

The law has been perverted through the influence of two very different causes—naked greed and misconceived philanthropy. (pg 52)

http://library.mises.org/books/Frede...Collection.pdf

You make me proud.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Your absolutely right, they should not be above the law, and anyone that is should be prosecuted...but gain, as in everything else, there are always some bad ones...police abuse has been going on since day one....but there are in fact, many more good cops then bad ones....
I just honestly feel the current system isn't working. There's nothing to protect citizens against corrupt police. I've been a victim before. It's hard enough to make ends meet on a day to day basis. It's near impossible to do it when your spending valuable money and wasting gas trying to prove your innocence. Meanwhile, when the case gets dismissed and its not only proven that your innocent, but that the officer criminally tried to set you up, all that happens to them is they get a slap on a wrist. Maybe a minor demotion.

Meanwhile it could ruin the life of the other person or at least set them back for months.

We need some independent organization designed to investigate and prosecute police corruption. Just like we have an organization designed to watch over the public. The whole internal "policing" system is a massive failure.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
My son is a police officer...we've discussed this issue....as I said and will say, without blinders...
you can't down an entire group/race or whatever, for the misdoings of some....

some may be corrupt, however, they are not all corrupt...period.
I agree with you. I know some very good cops.

The problem is that nothing is being done to the bad cops. That's my argument. There's no protection from the bad police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies