Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's not hatred, it's disgust. I'm only reacting to the first family flaunting our wealth like it was theirs to spend as they see fit. Even the British people do not lavish, nor would tolerate, so much expense and wealth being bestowed upon the entire royal family.
Made even more disgusting by the fact that Obama gets out and talks about making sacrifices, and the need to raise taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
I don't think its this attraction to being popular and fantastic along with the stars which is a problem...its the suggestion that there is something to celebrate, some accomplishment...its a total failure, so the oh wow is just imaginary and hopeful but a total contradiction. Leadership has been a total failure and things just get more ridiculous every day almost. Its crazy. Theres no evolving city of Angels in W at all.. and it is all the lefts fault completely. ( opinion

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-25-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
It's not their fault, the media and Hollywood think they are pop stars. You could practically hear the collective orgasm when she showed up on the screen.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
First, you already responded once to that post.
Strange... I have never seen anyone else ever do that in this forum, and this OP has done it at least twice in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But that's not the same thing for criticizing Michelle Obama for making a brief appearance on an awards show, while asserting that no other Presidents or First Ladies have done so. When you are shown that other Presidents and First Ladies have done so, you are flailing to support your original criticism, of the First Lady making a brief appearance on an awards show, by trying to conflate it with the President's actions and/or policies, and by trying to play the victim card by asserting that I've called you a racist, hypocrite or partisan hack, when I have not done so. Face it, this thread is a loser.
I did label the OP's postings in this thread as reflections of political bias, since it was the most generous and charitable way of describing what was posted. I wouldn't call the OP a partisan hack, though. That's a rather rough characterization.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Do these two people think we need to see their smiling faces on the TV in our living rooms every day? They act as if they were pop stars, and think their fans can't see enough of them.

Michelle Obama - unprecedented appearance on Oscars
I don't really have a problem with this. She didn't make any trips for it (I believe she was at the WH) and she's not a politician. Her announcing Best Picture was not a political statement.

I did hear the so-called military she had in her background were waiters who served at some kind of dinner.

I have a bigger problem with leftist pundits and the silly arguments they are making to defend her, not that she needs their help. Incredibly stupid Alan Colmes compared it to when Marlon Brando refused to accept his Oscar and instead, sent out an Indian to make some silly speech about how mistreated Indians are. Alan Colmes is a prime example of the lack of ordinary thinking skills to be found amongst liberals. Between the whole bunch of them, they don't seem to share a single live brain cell.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I thought it was lovely that the First Lady was hosting an Oscar party for military personnel.

If you don't want to see her or the President on TV, change the channel.
Typical liberal to not understand that the OP was not talking about seeing anyone on TV, but about the unnecessary costs to taxpayers and the hypocrisy that it illustrates during down economic times.

I don't think it's hard to follow the OPs logic at all.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Did you whine this way when Ronald Reagan was the President? With all of his Hollywood appearances during his term? Or his many weekends at his ranch? I doubt it. Why don't you just be honest and tell us what it is about these two attractive, assertive Black Americans you don't like about them?
The fact that they are where they are simply because they are attractive, assertive black Americans.

Take it from a white person, the only reason the liberal elite (Hollywood and the media) voted for and adore the Obamas is because they believe that by doing so, they have exorcised their racial guilt. If the Obamas had been white, they would have been relegated to the trash heap of history long ago.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
The First Lady was hosting an Oscar party for members of the military. Sorry if that offends you as an unneccesary expense. Wow. What a bunch of petty little whiners the losers can be.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Between the whole bunch of them, they don't seem to share a single live brain cell.
I might say the same thing about anyone who stereotypes all of the "liberals" the same way. I am not sure why apparently the only "insult" people can muster is "you are a liberal." or "You are a leftist." When anyone makes any sort of positive or neutral comment about the Obamas. The Obamas are being held to a different standard than politicians past or present were.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
/swoon

Even though Reagan was a Hollywood actor, even he did not think he should appear at the Oscars while president. Meanwhile, in 2009, the self anointed pop star, Obama, was the first sitting president to appear on a late night talk show. We have never had a First Family, of two self absorbed people in the white house like we have with these two.
Obama is not a self-anointed pop star. We (the idiocracy that has become the American voters) and the media (the idiocracy that has become the useful idiots of the administration) made him into a pop star.

I'll say it again - NO elected official (who works for the people and who was sworn in to serve the people of the United States of America) should be treated as pop stars. They should be treated as individuals who REPRESENT AND WORK for us.

Obama has a job to do, that we hired him to do. He's not a pop star unless we hand him that adulation. We did. And we're idiots for doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies