Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
why do people automatically blame a government for a country's poor stats? This all gets so nauseating. Instead of blaming republicans or democrats, blame yourself.
Therein lies the truth.

If you don't do the research on your candidates, don't cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Does Lesotho have a problem with illegal immigrants? Does anyone plan on moving there?
See, this is the crux. If America is such a hellhole, why are so many people literally as well as figuratively dying to immigrate there?

Anyone sneaking across the border from Arizona to Mexico? Risking a gruesome death in a seaborne cargo container to be beached on the coast of China? Sailing a skiff made of packing pallets from Florida to Cuba? Hijacking an airliner and demanding to be re-routed from LAX to Bucharest?

Wise up, people.

As my (non-American) father-in-law puts it: "When people start lining up to get out of America, maybe it will make sense to consider the USA a bad place. Until then, just count the number of people worldwide who vote with their feet, year after year."

Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have, and I never want to go again. Like I mentioned on the first page, the biggest dumps in the nation are in the bright red deep south.
Next time don't stay with your relatives.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You also have to take into account that the U.S is a massive country in terms of population. I've noticed that none of the countries in the top 30 come close to having 300 million people. Besides, the U.S is a great place if you aren't lazy and want to make something of your life. I would sure as heck rather live in U.S.A than Turkey - i've been to Turkey and there is no way that the average person's standard of life in Turkey is even close to the average person in the U.S..
Turkey, Mexico, and Chile are all rated worse than the USA. All the other countries are better. If I knew I was going to be born poor or found out I had no possible way to make $150K/annual then I would definitely start the immigration process.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The biggest dumps in the nation are in the bright red states.

Just take a drive through the rootin' tootin' deep south, you would think you are in a 3rd world country.
The deep south IS a 3rd world nation. Its complete failure is evident to anyone with eyes.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 02-27-2013 at 10:49 PM..

Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
Turkey is ranked one notch below the U.S correct? Have you been to Turkey? I have and I can tell you if I had a choice to live in Turkey or the U.S i'd pick the U.S by leaps and bounds. The average American Income is far from 150K and the average American isn't doing that bad! Actually, look at Spain which is ranked much higher than the U.S - with a 24 percent unemployment rate - Spain isn't looking too hot! I say if you are a person who wants to educate yourself in the right field you can do just fine in the U.S and not have to make 150K.. now if you are lazy and don't wanna do squat with your life and scrape by with no future, than sure move to Spain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Turkey, Mexico, and Chile are all rated worse than the USA. All the other countries are better. If I knew I was going to be born poor or found out I had no possible way to make $150K/annual then I would definitely start the immigration process.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The deep south IS a 3rd world nation. Its complete failure is evident to anyone with eyes.
It's actually quite a nice place, nothing close to 3rd world.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
The OP is ungrateful.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 AM

700 posts, read 638,392 times
In case you're wondering most people stopped reading at "...RT...". There's nothing courageous about RT solely criticizing the United States and its government. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc... don't become bastions of principled journalism simply by constantly faultfinding China and its government and deflecting attention from domestic problems.

Nothing in RT's cherry-picked data indicates anything other than the fact that the U.S. charts in nearly all quality of life indicators amongst the top tier, first world nations. Only the overdramatic could reason that this indicates the U.S. is "the worst place to live" or a third world country.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:59 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
America isn't that bad...except for the Right-Wing dominated parts.
Poverty in Appalachia: Third World Living Conditions in America? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies