Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No. Questioning someone's loyalty does not equal racism. Questioning someone's loyalty to the US based on their race = racism. There's a difference.

This guy said that this woman influenced her husband to send jobs to China based on nothing other than her being Asian.

That's a heck of a lot different than taking someone who says Obama shouldn't go on an apology tour and labelling them a racist.
So questioning Obama's citizenship/loyalty because his father is from Africa is not racist, but questioning this woman's loyalty because she's Asian is racist???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Nope. Why would I need one? Spike Lee is one person. He has opinions. They belong to him.

And I still say that the Progress Kentucky tweet was an idiot who thought he stumbled on a terrific strategy. McConnell's supporters are conservatives (so he thinks they are all against interracial marriage--what an idiot!), and he sends out a tweet that is supposed to make the conservatives think, hey, this guy McConnell must be more liberal than we though, he's married to someone from a different race. Stupid. And it came back and bit him. The way these things do.
You let Spike Lee off the hook that easily? Seriously, if a Republican celeb, say Bo Derek. had foamed against interracial marriage like that, would you give her the same pass?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You let Spike Lee off the hook that easily? Seriously, if a Republican celeb, say Bo Derek. had foamed against interracial marriage like that, would you give her the same pass?
Seriously. Yes.

When that beauty pageant contestant was raked over the coals for her comments on sexuality, I pointed out exactly the same thing. Her opinion. I might disagree with it, but she's entitled to her opinions. And Spike Lee is entitled to his.

And again, I stand by my opinion of the Progress Kentucky twit. What a twit!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Sure, all Liberals are racist. That's why they perpetuate the birther crap.

Oh...wait...
Not sure what yout point is.

never said all libs were racist.

And where one is born has nothing to do with ones race. So it's not racist to ask.

You actually prove my point. I said liberals call everyone else racist all the time. And then you expect people to believe it. lols.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Of course not.

No liberal would give a republican a pass on something like this.

Only they are allowed to be racist. That's why they accuse everyone else of being racist/bigots/homphobes and all this other nonsense.

It's like that old saying "takes one to know one".

Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Of course not.

No liberal would give a republican a pass on something like this.

Only they are allowed to be racist. That's why they accuse everyone else of being racist/bigots/homphobes and all this other nonsense.

It's like that old saying "takes one to know one".
This liberal actually defends everyone's right to their own opinion. Perhaps you should examine your own biases.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This liberal actually defends everyone's right to their own opinion. Perhaps you should examine your own biases.
Oh sure, you say that in public. All liberals do.

But we know how you really think.

You take your marching orders from MSNBC just like every other leftie.

P.S. Can we stop with the "defending" nonsense. People don't defend someone's right to their own opinion.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Oh sure, you say that in public. All liberals do.

But we know how you really think.

You take your marching orders from MSNBC just like every other leftie.
I just interceded on the insult barrage because that's how threads get closed. Forgive me if I choose not to engage you in further insults.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
Quote:
I remember the things libs said about Clarence Thomas and his wife too. She's white.

Liberals talk about racial diversity and stuff but they don't mean it.

If a white conservative couple moves to the suburbs so the kids don't have to go black scools they will be honest and tell you why.

The liberal couple will make up some bs about wanting Johnny to have a backyard and sandbox to play in. Even though they moved so Johnny doesn't have to associate with black kids. Then they accuse everyone else of racism and expect people to believe them. lols.

That happened on this forum... today...

Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So questioning Obama's citizenship/loyalty because his father is from Africa is not racist, but questioning this woman's loyalty because she's Asian is racist???
First, there is no questioning Obama's "citizenship\loyalty". Those are two different things. The post I responded to was specifically about loyalty. Not citizenship.

Second, I never saw anybody question either one "because his father is from Africa". But even so, that would not be racist, no. That would be because his father is from a different country. Notice how you didn't say "questioning this woman's loyalty because her father is from China".

What you're doing is called changing the goalposts. First it was about questioning loyalty based on race. Now it's about questioning citizenship, and based on family connections to another country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies