Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as heterophobia?
Yes 29 37.66%
No 40 51.95%
Unsure 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Explain how people who say that they are gay have married and engaged in normal intercourse with women?

The same way Jewish People can attend a Christian church service and pretend to go through the rituals.

Clearly they made a choice to engage in heterosexual relations and later chose to be gay.

Clearly Jewish People made a choice to practice Judaism.

I could do the same, but I choose not to, since any impulse is opposed by my moral compass.

So you are admitting you are Bisexual and harbor attractions and sexual feelings for members of your sex?
To underscore a point: Jewish people and people who have other religions in society who are in the minority are protected by Civil Rights laws; they have made a choice not to conform to the Christian majority ... those civil rights laws are immoral?

Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Here ya go! Harrier does not think humans are animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Only two possible explanations. You either aren't answering the questions, or there is a conspiracy by some secret gay organization to infiltrate internet forums and spread a gay agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I heard on NPR that they did not find a gay gene, but do think some process occurs in the womb.

Homosexuality ultimately a result of gene regulation, researchers find | Fox News

It isn't exactly rare though. Out closest genetic match, the bonobo monkey, engages in homosexuality regularly and 8% of rams are gay.
Quote:
Bonobo monkeys are animals, not people.
Quote:
Are you really trying to bring up the "people" argument? Surely, you can't be serious, surely.
Quote:
What is the "people" argument?

I am stating the fact that monkeys are animals and that human beings are people.

Do you deny this fact?

By the way it is spelled "Shirley" and "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley".

"Do you like to hang around the gymnasium?"

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

(Quotes from Airplane(1980)
Quote:
"Closest" is 5/6 "closet".

"Coincidence? We don't think so."

Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Loool this is making my night!!

Humans are Animals we are mammals that give birth to live young, milk etc

We are Animals Looooooooool this is soooo funny

Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Only two possible explanations. You either aren't answering the questions, or there is a conspiracy by some secret gay organization to infiltrate internet forums and spread a gay agenda.
You forgot the third - some people aren't reading the thread.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Some more relevant portions.

Quote:
You know, I would laugh and kinda am, but sadly I think you are serious. How can you be so sure that being gay is a choice when you have people that are gay telling you otherwise.

Are you gay? Do you desire men? Is that how you choose to be straight?

Let's face it, we are who we are and nothing can change that.
Quote:
Yes - we are people.

What does that have to do with learned behaviors and chosen lifestyles, besides that human beings can learn and choose both?
Quote:
I can choose my sexual preference.

There is no such thing as sexual "orientation".

You have invented a non-existing state so that you can claim that sexuality is not under the control of a person's free will.
Quote:
I'm not.

Sexual orientation is an invention designed to excuse immoral behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
People are animals too, bonobos are primates and so are we and bonobos are not monkeys. Somebody skipped school on biology day.
Quote:
Human morality.

Each individual has an innate sense of right and wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And my sense of morality tells me it would be wrong to pretend to be straight, when I'm really gay.
Quote:
American morality is not the same as Russian morality. Different mindset = different outlook = different morality
Quote:
Wrong.

Cultures may differ, but morality is universal(or at least global).

How does "Russian morality" differ from "American morality", in your opinion?

Old 03-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
To underscore a point: Jewish people and people who have other religions in society who are in the minority are protected by Civil Rights laws; they have made a choice not to conform to the Christian majority ... those civil rights laws are immoral?

Huh?
What in the world are you babbling on about?

Read the First Amendment for the answer to your question abour religious freedom and try to stay on topic.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
You forgot the third - some people aren't reading the thread.
I just read your comments about the animal kingdom. Nowhere does it explain how homosexuality in the animal kingdom is not natural and man made.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:59 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
It's borderline heterophobia that you can no longer be politically correct and say that heterosexuality is the biological norm. Nothing in that is saying there is anything wrong with homosexuality or they shouldn't have equal rights or anything. It doesn't change the highly unpoplar fact today that a penis and a vagina is required to keep the species going, not a penis and butthole.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I just read your comments about the animal kingdom. Nowhere does it explain how homosexuality in the animal kingdom is not natural and man made.
You read what lycos copied and pasted.

Keep reading(the thread) - I addressed what you are asking just a couple hours a go.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It's borderline heterophobia that you can no longer be politically correct and say that heterosexuality is the biological norm. Nothing in that is saying there is anything wrong with homosexuality or they shouldn't have equal rights or anything. It doesn't change the highly unpoplar fact today that a penis and a vagina is required to keep the species going, not a penis and butthole.
What kind of social circles do you run in?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies