Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:44 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Our enrollment fees have gone up, our co-pays have gone up, and our prescription costs have gone up; so I think I am being taken advantage of.
has HR told you that your carrier has increased the premiums due to Afordable Care Act? Check to see if has raised rates higher than 10%. Most states have been keeping increases to single digits.

[LEFT]
Health Care Reform Holds Premiums in Check | Fox Business

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 02:46 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Doctors don't want to move to Florida because doctors in Florida so often get stiffed for their services. Why? Because insurance companies how too much power in this state to deny claims and a much lower percentage of jobs in this state provide insurance to their employees. I myself am right now going through this draining obstacle with a surgery I had at the beginning of the year.

Obamacare is going to fix both of these things. Insurance companies will not be able to deny claims and everyone will have coverage through the exchanges. Doctors will finally be getting payment for their services.
"a much lower percentage of jobs in this state provide insurance to their employees"

Did you ever stop to think that Florida is a very touristy state and many, MANY jobs are in the hospitality industry, people who often don't even get paid minimum wage b/c they work for tips? A lot of the jobs do not require much skill or education, if any. Why would the employers provide insurance for these people?

Obamacare is not going to "fix" these things. Insurance companies can't deny claims? lolol That's a good one, haven't heard that one before. I don't know where you're getting your facts about doctors not getting paid, the only issue of them not getting paid is when the patient is on Medicaid or Medicare and they get paid less than a regular insurance company would pay for the same procedures (which leads to a vicious cycle of them billing the private ins companies more to make up the difference)...but that is another topic). People will not all be able to have coverage through the exchanges, either. AND, in case you hadn't noticed, companies are already cutting hours and laying off so they will not be required by law to provide insurance to their employees.

Do you really think Obamacare is going to solve all of these problems?? It has only made things much worse.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Are any of the ignorant people complaining about their premiums increasing aware that insurance premiums have been skyrocketing for decades?! Premiums would have continued to go up whether Obamacare was implemented or not.
Premiums have gone up more than the average rate of healthcare inflation since Obamacare was passed. 10% is typical. People are seeing 40 and 50% lately. Try again before you start calling people ignorant.

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
my insurance premimum went up about 40%. I dont actually use it because I never reach my 2500$ deductable and its cheaper to pay cash for my bp prescription than if I turn it into the insurance.

Go obamacare!
check with your state, most increases are not over 10% and most states are holding increases to single digits. 40% seems extreamly high. What state do you live in?

Health Care Reform Holds Premiums in Check | Fox Business

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The way it was explained to me was insurance companies will only be allowed premiums by 10% starting in 2014. Unless they get a special wavier.

In order to avoid that crap they just jumped 'em higher now so they are covered for a few years while everyone is trying to see how Obamacare works in real life.

Any way you look at it rates are increasing because of Obamacare right now. Doesn't need to be in effect yet to have an effect.

It's one of those rules that guide humanity. "For every action there is a reaction". In this case the reaction is negative for the consumer. Obamacare is not immune from the laws of human nature.
So blame the insurance companies, not the ACA, for the rapidly rising rates. They're trying to gouge as much as they possibly can while they still can.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
My birth control is only $10 now and it used to be $40. So I guess I am taking advantage of it?
Since ObamaCare has not been implemented yet, I doubt it. Are you getting your BC through a health insurance plan?

Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Our enrollment fees have gone up, our co-pays have gone up, and our prescription costs have gone up; so I think I am being taken advantage of.
Don't worry about it. Once ObamaCare is fully implemented, you won't be paying for private insurance, because there won't be any. You'll be buying through the State exchange, and you'll be paying more and getting less, because the State will decide your medical needs, and you'll have a hard time finding a doctor, since many doctors will quit the practice (understandably, since the government is going to tell them how much they can charge, and it won't be much).

In a few years there will be such a shortage of doctors that we'll have what the rest of the world has, instead of the best health care system in the World, which is what we have currently.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Same here, I used to pay $1.50 co-pay on some medicine, now I pay almost $5.

Yea, it's not a lot....money wise, but if you look at the % it went up ....DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is the truth. I'm self-employed and carried my own insurance for years. The premiums went up every six months like clockwork, even though I never once made a claim. I finally was priced out of the market entirely. I'm looking forward to being able to buy affordable insurance through the exchanges.
Hahahahaha!!! Hilarious! You're going to be paying MORE! MUCH MORE! Apparently you haven't been getting the news about this. How does about $24,000/year sound? Perhaps $16,000 if your single. I forget the exact figures that have been reported.

I don't care if it is ObamaCare. NO ONE is going to be able to afford it!

Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
I am self employed and my family of 4 with non of us on expensive scripts was $337 thru celtic in 2011. $397 in 2012. And now $520 for 2013. So i am switching to anthem for $320 ish a month. They approved my family but denied me based on my high chlorestoral. Waiting for a new blood test to prove my level is below 200 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies