Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Before it existed, he was using it!

Wow that is cool!

Sounds like Al Gore, in 1990, when he time-traveled back to the 1950s to 'create' the internet. .
Allowing children to remain on their parents' insurance policy until they are 26 years old, which is what he was talking about, went into effect LAST year. Now don't you look stupid...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
My premiums will triple by the end of the year, thank you Obama.
Glad your lobster gnoshing, brandy swilling wife is still proud of her country.
Why will it increase?

Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Are any of the ignorant people complaining about their premiums increasing aware that insurance premiums have been skyrocketing for decades?! Premiums would have continued to go up whether Obamacare was implemented or not.
Exactly but it makes them feel better to blame Obama.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The way it was explained to me was insurance companies will only be allowed premiums by 10% starting in 2014. Unless they get a special wavier.

In order to avoid that crap they just jumped 'em higher now so they are covered for a few years while everyone is trying to see how Obamacare works in real life.

Any way you look at it rates are increasing because of Obamacare right now. Doesn't need to be in effect yet to have an effect.

It's one of those rules that guide humanity. "For every action there is a reaction". In this case the reaction is negative for the consumer. Obamacare is not immune from the laws of human nature.
This is the first year that your rates have went up? Funny, because rates have been going up long before most ever heard of Obama.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:41 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
"a much lower percentage of jobs in this state provide insurance to their employees"

Did you ever stop to think that Florida is a very touristy state and many, MANY jobs are in the hospitality industry, people who often don't even get paid minimum wage b/c they work for tips? A lot of the jobs do not require much skill or education, if any. Why would the employers provide insurance for these people?

Obamacare is not going to "fix" these things. Insurance companies can't deny claims? lolol That's a good one, haven't heard that one before. I don't know where you're getting your facts about doctors not getting paid, the only issue of them not getting paid is when the patient is on Medicaid or Medicare and they get paid less than a regular insurance company would pay for the same procedures (which leads to a vicious cycle of them billing the private ins companies more to make up the difference)...but that is another topic). People will not all be able to have coverage through the exchanges, either. AND, in case you hadn't noticed, companies are already cutting hours and laying off so they will not be required by law to provide insurance to their employees.

Do you really think Obamacare is going to solve all of these problems?? It has only made things much worse.
Wouldnt Obamacare make it easier for those Tip workers to have insurance through gubment subsidies?

Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:

And regarding how you think low skilled workers shouldn't have affordable access to healthcare. That is just utterly disgusting.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Typical.

Quote:
Anyone who said that to me would get nothing more than my middle finger up their nose because so many of my family and friends are part of this hard working demographic. One day, someone who you care about (if you care about anyone) will get sick and will benefit from the healthcare reform that Obama gave this country. I hope at that time you will be a little bit thankful!

Are you saying me and my family and my friends do not work hard? Why do you assume to know how much and who I care about?

In case you were wondering, we are job CREATORS, we own a restaurant, and if Obamacare does in fact come into fruition next year, our company will likely go bankrupt and all our employees will lose their jobs. Not to mention we will be personally bankrupt.

Get off your high horse and do some research as to how detrimental this will be to our country and to anyone who has a job or desires one. We in this thread are trying to tell you but you have blinders and earmuffs on and can apparently only see and hear what the Dems want you to. Think for yourself. You are the kind of low information voter who is screwing this country.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:50 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
The argument is that my company can administer medicaid benefits to the population more efficiently than the government can, while still pulling in a profit. It works. My company's business is going to boom because of Obamacare.
Oh, really? Your argument is now in favor of private health care? I thought the insurance companies were the greedy ones, isn't that a huge reason cited for Obamacare? Make up your mind, dude.

Again...where do you think the money is coming from for your company's business to boom? The taxpayers. The hardworking stiffs you claim to care so much about.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He couldn't possibly have been on ObamaCare, since it hasn't even been implemented yet!
Some parts have already started.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,386,265 times
The main reason behind health insurance rate increases has overwhelmingly been uncompensated care at hospitals due to the uninsured using the ER as their main source of healthcare.
This causes hospitals to charge insured patients a much higher fee in an attempt to recoup some but not all of the costs incurred by caring for the uninsured.

Those increased costs charged to insurance companies are passed on to the entire pool of policy holders via higher premiums.
These higher premiums have caused otherwise insured people to drop their healthcare insurance due to increased cost.
When these people become ill the only option is the hospitals ER thus the pattern is repeated and the number of the uninsured grows.

January of 2014 through the implementation of health insurance exchanges these issues will be addressed.

This is not an overnight fix.

America didn't get this gravely ill with it's healthcare system overnight and it won't be solved overnight either.

Back in the 50's President Eisenhower attempted universal healthcare but was quickly shot down by the interests of the powerful of the day.

We have alot of work to do but we are finally beginning to do something about this embarrassment.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I was born in Miami and lived in central Florida up until late 2010. I know just as much about the state as you. And yes, I am, in your words, an ass, b/c I understand fiscal responsibility and personal responsibility, unlike those on the left. I also understand economics. Do you?

I do believe that low skilled workers should work their way up the ladder or get a better education, obtain more skills, etc., to be able to get a job that provides health insurance for its employees. That's how it's always been.

No, Obamacare will not provide it for them, that's just what you, as a blind sheep, have been told to believe.

Where do you think that money comes from? Taxpayers like you and me. Nothing is free. We get to pay for people who do not want to better themselves and get a job that merits healthcare benefits.

Then you, sir, are part of the problem. Pay your bills.

lolol Oh, the humanity! I have nothing to say to people who want to repeat these disgusting liberal talking points. How about thinking for yourself instead?
If you lived in FL then you should have known that most people in low paying jobs are offered medical insurance. Even McDonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies