Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No. Very few extremist in the Democratic Party. They are insignificant. You just have a warped sense of reality, surrounded 24/7 by right wing BS in the Houston.

The Democratic platform in line with public opinion in just about every major political issue.

It's the GOP that is out of touch. On tax policy, on social issues.

Tell us another joke. You can't see the forest for the trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
No. Very few extremist in the Democratic Party.
The Democrat party is the epitome of Extremist. Look at the extremeisim coming from POTUS, from Peolos.

Imagine any Congressional leader ever before saying that Congress must firt PASS a bill before they can disccover what is in it, yet that is what Pelosie, then-Speaker of House, said about Dumbo-Care.

That is the very definition of extremsim.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Perhaps public Opinion, shaped by an overwhelmingly-leftist media, is out of step with what America always ways, and in-step with what America should never be.

So you think the public wants more taxes, not less? That they want distort even more the grossly-lopsided tax burden where almost half of American earners pay nothing, while the top couple-percent pay the liion's share, grossly inconsistent with their share of income earned.

This is why the Founders despised Democracy, and favored a Representative Repulblic. The public are so easily duped.
By objective standards, the political commentary on television, cable, and certainly radio lean to the right.

http://mediamatters.org/research/sundayshowreport/

NOT THE LEFT!

Despite what your right wing brainwashing says. Just because you spout nonsense doesn't make it true.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
All the Moderate Democrats seem to be gone. What happened to all the Truman Democrats?
I've seen one or two, but very rare. But moderate Republicans are pretty rare on this forum as well. Most of the right wing people on this forum are either social conservatives or libertarians. Garden variety Republicans aren't very well represented.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
The Democrat party is the epitome of Extremist. Look at the extremeisim coming from POTUS, from Peolos.

Imagine any Congressional leader ever before saying that Congress must firt PASS a bill before they can disccover what is in it, yet that is what Pelosie, then-Speaker of House, said about Dumbo-Care.

That is the very definition of extremsim.
I totally agree to someone as brainwashed as you, being right in line with public opinion is extremist.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
By objective standards, the political commentary on television, cable, and certainly radio lean to the right.

[url=http://mediamatters.org/research/sundayshowreport/]Gender and Ethnic Diversity in Prime-Time Cable News | Report | Media Matters for America | Media Matters for America[/url]

NOT THE LEFT!

Despite what your right wing brainwashing says. Just because you spout nonsense doesn't make it true.
You use the term "object standards" and then cite media matters. What a joke. What a sad silly pissant of a joke (your post).

Old 03-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I totally agree to someone as brainwashed as you, being right in line with public opinion is extremist.
From someone who cites Media Matters as "objective". As I said, sad.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
All the Moderate Democrats seem to be gone. What happened to all the Truman Democrats?
If Truman is the standard, then the answer is with a few exceptions, pretty much every Democrat on this forum.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I've seen one or two, but very rare. But moderate Republicans are pretty rare on this forum as well. Most of the right wing people on this forum are either social conservatives or libertarians. Garden variety Republicans aren't very well represented.
I think people often confuse how strongly a belief is held, with hos extreme a belief is.

I am mainstream USA (for the majority of its history) in my beliefs. I believe in the tradiitional definition of marriage (mainstream), lower taxes (Mainstreme), that all who enjoy the fruits must share in the work, i.e. taxes (mainstream). I believe in standing on your own two feet and making your own way (mainstream), I believe in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (mainstream). I can't think off a single thing I believe in that isn't mainstream.

I believe if it isn't broke, don't fix it (Consrvatism), not, f it works, break it (Liberalism)

I don't think the USA needs a Fundamental Reinvention, just getting back to the norms that help us as the finest example of human endeavor in the Universe.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Tell us another joke. You can't see the forest for the trees.
Especially since he is one of the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies