Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Really why is this question not being asked to Obama? He's the big wealth redistributor and in January those terrible rich were in fact given a tax increase. So where is the money going? Why aren't our giant poverty programs like welfare and food stamps working?

Why aren't any real questions of substance asked to Obama, think most of us with half intelligence, know the reason's why.

When things went so completly utterly sour, why were the important questions not asked to Obama, think we all know why.

Yeah where the hell is the money really going!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
‎"Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the last 50 years and they're still poor." -- Charles Barkley
Yea I was thinking about that myself. Now take it a step further, it is the mentality of the democrats that attract the poor and it is the mentality of the republicans that attract the rich. In other words if the rich view money in a specific way they will support the party that best reflects their beliefs.

Then you have Hollywood, well it is popular and you can not get a job in hollywood unless you claim to be a liberal / democrat.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,904,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Busy as a beaver, googling away. lol
Take it to live chat, I would love to see that cage match.

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

channel: #citydata

Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Wow! I'm keeping your post LOL! It's mine now. It's a perfect example of what right wing basically stands for. Next time some right wingnut claims that right wingers have a conscience, are rational, or well-educated, I'm pulling out this post.
I do have a conscience.

I am rational.

I am extremely well-educated.

Aside from that, do you have anything of substance to add to this thread?

Why don't you explain why The Poor™ don't share housing accommodations in order to save money?

Because if the The Poor™ made good choices, then that's what they'd do.

Not impressed.

Mircea

Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I'm sure the logic of that won't prevent the typical bunch of snarky non-answers from the ''usual suspects'' (aka, RWNJ's)...
Because it doesn't work.

Trillions have been redistributed to the poor.....yet we have more poverty.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea I was thinking about that myself. Now take it a step further, it is the mentality of the democrats that attract the poor and it is the mentality of the republicans that attract the rich. In other words if the rich view money in a specific way they will support the party that best reflects their beliefs.

Then you have Hollywood, well it is popular and you can not get a job in hollywood unless you claim to be a liberal / democrat.
I don't think the rich are attracted to Republicans or the poor are attracted to the Democrats. I think that is Democrat propaganda. Minorities are attracted to Democrats, but the white poor tend to vote Republican. And the rich are split. Because while the Democrats speak out against the rich, they are willing to give "their" rich breaks and the rich know that.

How many Democrats spoke out against GE not paying taxes? Not many. How many of the people who talk about the Koch brothers also talk about Soros? Not many.

It's all propaganda as far as I am concerned. It's more the people who want small government go to Republicans and those who want big government go to Democrats than a pure rich/poor division.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,126,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That estimate included a lot of made-up "costs." The real costs are cited by several sources.

According to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, with all spending accounted for, even the emergency appropriations, the total cost of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other global war on terror operations after 9/11/2001 all the way through 2011 (MORE than 2 years after Bush left office) was $1.283 trillion. http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

Even the Washington Post chimed in with this on the costs of the wars in 2008:Study Criticizes Bush Approach to War Funding, Calls for Changes - Washington Post

Multiple sources. Similar reports of cost.

Meanwhile, the Congressional Research Service also found that government spending on means-tested (requiring no/low-income for benefits) social welfare programs for just 2011 was $1.03 trillion.
http://budget.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=34919307-6286-47ab-b114-2fd5bcedfeb5

8+ years for two wars and other war on terror operations: $1.283 trillion

Just 1 year of government spending on means-tested social welfare programs: $1.03 trillion

That's not sustainable. The math doesn't lie.
That's pretty pathetic. And how much are the 100,000s of lives lost worth?

And as for $1.03 trillion of means-tested social welfare programs:

Means-tested welfare costs shot above $1 trillion in FY2011 « Hot Air

Quote:
A few points should be kept in mind. We had a massive recession and job loss event between FY2008 and FY2011, which dramatically impacted both the accumulated wealth and incomes of middle- and working-class Americans. Under those conditions, one would expect to see short-term dramatic gains in programs like SNAP and Medicaid.

However, those problems should have been short term...

So what is to be done to get costs back in control? First, we need to look at the insanity of having 83 federal agencies handling means-tested welfare, and the costs associated with those bureaucracies overlapping and duplicating efforts. That could save some money, and more to the point, get the aid to where it’s truly needed. As the chart above shows, and as recent data on the dramatic erosion of median income also demonstrates, the need is not an illusion.

But what we really need to cut costs in these programs is to make them a lot less necessary than they are today for millions of Americans. That means putting in place the kind of regulatory, monetary, and tax reform necessary to produce a real, sustained recovery that will produce jobs and create wealth again for the working and middle classes.
Quote:
It's not the wars that are costing us a fortune. It's artificially financially supporting an exponentially growing welfare-dependent class. Those receiving public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than everyone else. 70% of all births in New Mexico and 54% of all births in Illinois are Medicaid births. Other states also have alarming stats.
Birth rates go up and down.... The economy is cyclical... We'll stop paying so much welfare once more people get jobs... Stop predicting the end of the US with your irrational fear of poor people.

And how long have these birthrates been 3 times higher?

Old 03-28-2013, 05:32 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,139,705 times
Because its a lie and we're still being robbed and some of you Americans continue to take it on the back.

Regardless of your opinion of the "image" of Occupy (what the media showed you), the only group standing up on many of the issues being discussed was successfully intimidated, beaten, and blackballed from the MSM.

And guess who owns the media.

Americans can be so stupid sometimes.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:58 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,141 times
To answer the title of this thread with a single word some nineteen months after it was created, can you say Obamanomics????

The evidence is everywhere, irrefutable and the source of our economy's current comatose state can be laid at his party's feet, and since he's signed every piece of legislation responsible for it, this economy is his legacy and his alone.

Now he's turned around & signed a bill which will insure ANOTHER housing crash and another economic massacre for the middle class whose policies have been assaulting them nonstop thanks to him for 6 1/2 years with no end in sight?

What did we do to deserve six-plus years of such unprecedented ineptitude from his ivory tower?

The last thing we needed was another housing crash, but his party is going to give us another one whether we like it or not.

Swell!!!

Old 10-25-2014, 01:30 AM

7,517 posts, read 5,763,627 times
I'll take a crack..

Obummer has created the largest wealth gap in history buy feeding the wealthy with stimulus.
Obumbler has given more to the poor in forms of free benefits off the backs of the middle class
Obola has destroyed the middle class because they paid for both

Next stupid question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies