Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:34 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,750 times

Advertisements

Apparently a racist comment was made, and it ended up in a fight outside in the parking lot of a strip club.

Strip club brawl ends in leg amputations for two men | Hot Topics | an SFGate.com blog

After reading some of the comments at the bottom of the news article I disagree with those who are automatically saying the guy who smashed these other 2 guys' was a maniac. How do we know that the 2 men who had thier legs amputated weren't asking for it by thier own actions? For all we know those 2 men could have been gang members threatening to kill this guy, so he tried to leave the club and avoid confrontation, but they blocked him from leaving, so he rammed them with his car. How can you really judge unless you have ever been the target of a gang death threat or any kind of threat to your physical well being? How can you really make judgements that the guy is a maniac without knowing exactly what happened throughout the night?

I say this because I have been to some bars/clubs in my day, and there's always someone or some group who walks around the place looking for trouble and trying to threaten or intimidate someone, so I have learned never to judge the so called victims in situations like this. It's just like back in school when a kid would bully someone, and one day the other kid finally hits back in defense, yet the teacher only saw the second hit and the bully gets off scott free while the kid who was bullied all those times is punished for defending himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
I agree with one commenter: Whatever they were arguing about sure wasn't worth losing limbs over now was it?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I agree with one commenter: Whatever they were arguing about sure wasn't worth losing limbs over now was it?
I can agree with that statement. It's too bad we have all these people trying to prove how tough/bad-azz they are when they go to these clubs/bars. Too many people end up learning the hard way about how fragile they/we really are.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:30 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux View Post
Apparently a racist comment was made, and it ended up in a fight outside in the parking lot of a strip club.

Strip club brawl ends in leg amputations for two men | Hot Topics | an SFGate.com blog

After reading some of the comments at the bottom of the news article I disagree with those who are automatically saying the guy who smashed these other 2 guys' was a maniac. How do we know that the 2 men who had thier legs amputated weren't asking for it by thier own actions? For all we know those 2 men could have been gang members threatening to kill this guy, so he tried to leave the club and avoid confrontation, but they blocked him from leaving, so he rammed them with his car. How can you really judge unless you have ever been the target of a gang death threat or any kind of threat to your physical well being? How can you really make judgements that the guy is a maniac without knowing exactly what happened throughout the night?

I say this because I have been to some bars/clubs in my day, and there's always someone or some group who walks around the place looking for trouble and trying to threaten or intimidate someone, so I have learned never to judge the so called victims in situations like this. It's just like back in school when a kid would bully someone, and one day the other kid finally hits back in defense, yet the teacher only saw the second hit and the bully gets off scott free while the kid who was bullied all those times is punished for defending himself.
He could have driven away, but elected to ram into them. He had other choices and will be prosecuted.He will do time for this.It has been years since I have been to a strip club, but they always were well protected by huge bouncers and never had any problems.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Usually you just lose you money at a tittybar...

Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Usually you just lose you money at a tittybar...
Yeah these guys went HAM.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux View Post

What's the politics or controversy?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Isn't this the forum where news stories go? What forums do we post news in?

Old 03-12-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
He could have driven away, but elected to ram into them. He had other choices....
In your reality he may have had other choices because we all assume that he just got pissed and took his anger out, but in actuall reality the guy may have been trying to avoid anything else from happening and made his way to his car to leave, but one of the other 2 guys may have followed him and blocked him in, pulled out a gun and pointed it at him. Then he may have rammed his car into them out of defense. This is possible. We really don't know until the facts come out. I don't assume things either way. He could be the victim or a hothead. We won't know until we hear it from witnesses.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh just wait. The thread could be about the proper way to make toast and before long the legions of partisan morons will be blaming Obama or Bush or republicans or democrats for *something* related to the article.

But for now we at least have a racism allegation to firmly plant the topic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies