Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,031,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
At this point we pay tax on taxes....... We pay tax on death....... The only thing left is thin air tax and in some ways i can't wait for that unless of course the so called officials are still exempt.

I wonder do the the FOOLS who favor more tax and higher tax understand the the Congress and assorted other officials and higher are exempt from LAW they make for us peasants?
They will try and implement a co2 tax on breathing at some point. It's only a matter of time. Have to save the planet from global warming and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,173,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Grubby bureaucrats cant stand the idea that voluntary transactions are taking place without them getting a taste.
You mean that the government isn't happy about people committing tax fraud? I'd imagine that they wouldn't be. I'm not happy with it.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I know taxes are necessary to an extent, but to cheerlead for mor taxes? Especially when we are at a time when the government refuses to budget and make cuts. How, as a citizen, can you be happy about them taking more of our money?

You libs are going off the deep end with you tax and spend mentality.
The article is discussing the introduction of online retailers collecting taxes on online sales. It's not discussing additional taxes.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If the dems can tax it they will . Seems this tax hurts the middle class the most
Sales & use tax is the closest tax we have to consumption tax. Something which is often suggested in these forums.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
When just about everything has a tax on it, find something new to tax. The new thing- internet sales.
When a city can't cover the cost of the money they spend, install revenue cameras on traffic lights.
When home value drops and less property tax is collected, increase the millage rate to bring in the same [or more] revenue.
When vehicle owners drive less because of $4.00 a gallon gas, increase the sales tax to make up the lost revenue.
When a state that relies on 'sales tax' for revenue [no income tax] and people are spending less money, almost double the cost to register a vehicle to make up for the lost revenue.
When asked to 'save water' and we do, increase the per gallon charge to make up the difference.
City/county/state/federal government will NEVER have less revenue collected to spend and they are always looking for ways to take more money out of your pocket. If the dems regain controll of the house in 2014, be prepared for a 'carbon tax' and a 'VAT' on EVERYTHING you purchase.
It's not a new tax. It's just shifting when you pay the tax. Instead of paying the taxes at year-end (or quarterly), you do it along with the transaction. It makes it easier for people like you and me. But it makes it more complex for online retailers... but as a small business owner, I'm not convinced it's a significant burden at all.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you realize how silly your post is? Sales taxes in the US by definition are "local" not federal. So the rates will vary by state.

So what? Every business that sells online will use software to handle their online transactions. If a business sells online in their own state, their software already handles sales taxes. Amazon already collects sales taxes for many states including Texas. The software will simply have a table, probably based on zipcode, and automatically add the proper amount of sales tax. The business will simply pay each state the proper amount of tax at some point in time.
This. We've looked at the extra burden it adds to small businesses in revenue brackets below $250,000, below $500,000 and below $2,000,000. It's not significant over a 3 year period.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think you have spelled out the real reason for this. And they will be sicking the tax boys on anyone who they think isn't following the rules to a T. Where are the liberals who always scream about evil Walmart pushing the little boys out? They see "tax" and start cheering and don't even realize who it will hurt the most. Nor do they care. More taxes mean more free money coming their way in their eyes.
I love how clueless people see this as a new tax. As if these purchases were ever tax-free.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,031,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You mean that the government isn't happy about people committing tax fraud? I'd imagine that they wouldn't be. I'm not happy with it.
Tell your holy government to clean up their own house first. Start with Obama's staff and their tax evasion.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Tell your holy government to clean up their own house first. Start with Obama's staff and their tax evasion.
Why do you need me to do it? You're incapable of telling your holy government yourself?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,368,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Why do you need me to do it? You're incapable of telling your holy government yourself?
LOL! Great reply, NJ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies