Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times

Advertisements

I watch FOX and CNN and a little bit of MSNBC. I will admit that FOX covers a lot of important stories with greater depth and detail than the other two networks. But to say that FOX covers all sides and without bias is tremendously false. FOX is just as politically motivated as MSNBC.

The big difference is that FOX seems to coddle the Republican cause and is thus intertwined with party politics while MSNBC has less loyalty to Democrats than it has to its hardcore liberal/progressive philosophy.

FOX defends Republicans even if it means giving mixed messages and hypocrisy, while MSNBC wll eat its own children if they stray from the progressive platform.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why is anyone worried about which Party Fox supports, when the entire so-called "Mainstream" Media are in the pocket of Democrats, and George Soros funds many of these Leftist outlets?

Virtually all of the other networks are Democrat controlled.
Leftists would prefer a monopoly, so their messiah isn't held accountable for anything.

They also hope if they claim long enough that CNN and others are not biased, it will come true. We already saw what happened when CNN had an "unbiased" "moderator" during the presidential debates...

Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
NOBODY else is doing stories on obamacare, Benghazi, NSA, the IRS scandals. Yet, the Christie story has been the lead 24/7 with the msm.

Fox News is ALL OVER the Christie Bridge story.....and he's a republican!

They are also doing in depth journalism on the chemical spill in WV......which is a chemical used in the coal mining industry.

Had the spill been of some chemical used in making solar panels, the msm would not even give it a mention.

ALL other news channels are biased to the point of being laughingstocks.
While I am a big fan of Fox News, I've been watching the CNN morning programs for over a week now just to see how the two compare.

I've noticed the CNN shows have more interview time with fewer commercial breaks. Because advertisers don't think they'll get their money's worth there?

Also noted that the females are closer to "reality" than the Fox babes.

Haven't yet noticed a huge bias on CNN - just a lot of little things here and there pro-Obama and Democrats. Fox? Clearly anti-Obama policies.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Any "scandal" relating to those issues have been asked and answered. The results were, no scandal there. Problems, sure, but they have and are being addressed.
Your kool-aid is spiked! Or it could go on the burner of "What does it Matter Any Way." It means a lot to those who loved those people, to know the truth.
Benghazi mom: 'Why won't Hillary talk?' [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller
The grieving mother held out hope that a special congressional investigation could compel those that know the truth to testify.

“We would get answers!” she said. “From what I can understand, Hillary is the one person that can give me answers as to what happened with my son. She has not been required to answer anything, she just sits there and says she doesn’t want to talk about it. And she’s not being made to say it.”

We could talk about Team 6 if you'd like......

Old 01-12-2014, 12:25 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
...or maybe the cable outhouse? ..

CNN
FoxNews is for Republicans??!!??!! I am shocked and I find it hard to believe. What is next, you will feed me another line of crap about MSNBC being in bed with Democrats?

Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Leftists would prefer a monopoly, so their messiah isn't held accountable for anything.

They also hope if they claim long enough that CNN and others are not biased, it will come true. We already saw what happened when CNN had an "unbiased" "moderator" during the presidential debates...
How could we forget. Candy Crowley is a real piece of work.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
While I am a big fan of Fox News, I've been watching the CNN morning programs for over a week now just to see how the two compare.

I've noticed the CNN shows have more interview time with fewer commercial breaks. Because advertisers don't think they'll get their money's worth there?

Also noted that the females are closer to "reality" than the Fox babes.

Haven't yet noticed a huge bias on CNN - just a lot of little things here and there pro-Obama and Democrats. Fox? Clearly anti-Obama policies.
CNN is fair when it comes with Obama. Take Obamacare for instance, it is varying shades of grey. Some are HUGELY benefitting from it while others are suffering and lost their plans and now ave to pay 2 to 3 times the amount just to get a new plan if the old one can't be kept (which has happened.) CNN has picked up on both like many issues and tries to remove politics from it when presenting the story as well as during pannel discussions, feature different view points.

The only issue I have with CNN is Blackfish which was a bait and switch to those involved and like most documentaries featured fancy editing if the stories didn't fit the narrative. You can say the same about most Michael Moore films like Fahrenheit 9/11, Roger & Me and Bowling for Columbine. To be honest, the most clear documentaries have been when you combine a few wrestling documentaries like The Rise & Fall of ECW and Forever Hardcore because no documentary tells the full story and full of viewpoints and flubbed facts.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
FOX = GOPtv.

Always has been, always will be, especially since corporate interests have taken control of the Republican Party.
That is why Fox Business smacked Judge Napolitano on the nose with a rolled up newspaper for diss'n Republicans.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:03 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't see what your issue is here bob. Given the fact that CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC are all little more than talking heads for the democrat party. There isn't a news organization out there that can be trusted. Where and how is this news?
MSNBC yeah. But none of those other stations could by any stretch of the imagination be called liberal.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You would think the Republican party could find better spokespeople than the "Fox and Friends" knuckelheads.
Is that the one with Steve Doocy? The moron who was complaining about people "getting all potted up on weed", but saying "I'm going to get really drunk" on a Christmas show?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/0...-fcking-idiot/

Last edited by weltschmerz; 01-12-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies