Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:33 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
VA Democrat Declares War on Tea Party, NRA and Fox News. Wow, what is so bad about wanting this:

1. Constitutionally Limited Government
2. Personal Freedom and Your Rights
3. Free Market Economics
4. Economic Freedom to Grow Jobs and Your Opportunities
5. Fiscal Responsibility or very simply,
6. A Debt Free Future For You and Generations To Come
7. Lower Taxes
Democrats declare war against Americans, nothing new here.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:41 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
#1 no it hasn't
#2 no it isn't
#3 no it isn't
#4 no it isn't (see #3)
#5 no it isn't
#6 Andrew Jackson ring a bell?
#7 back at you (rhetorical)

btw your post is talking points, not proposals. This thread is about Democrat Declares War on Tea Party, NRA and Fox News not "Discuss different tax plans"
Cute. Let's explore these.

1. Constitutionally Limited Government: Elections. Checks and balances. Term limits. Petition the SCOTUS, to name a few. There you have it. Constitutional limits.
2. Personal Freedom: Subjective, plain and simple. Our freedoms are limited. Your idea of freedom may conflict with mine.
and Your Rights: The Bill of Rights still exists. Your ability to sue the government can be seen in action daily.
3. Free Market Economics: Subjective. Compare the 1920s to today.
4. Economic Freedom to Grow Jobs and Your Opportunities: See above.
6. A Debt Free Future For You and Generations To Come: Andrew Jackson? Thank you. The world has changed since the early 19th century. Maybe you could invent a time machine?
7. Lower Taxes: People have been screaming "lower taxes" for millennia. I don't know where you live, but we have no state income tax here. Move. Problem solved.

My post was a response to talking points. I'm not the OP. Maybe you should tell the OP that her OP is off-topic?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Cute. Let's explore these.

1. Constitutionally Limited Government: Elections. Checks and balances. Term limits. Petition the SCOTUS, to name a few. There you have it. Constitutional limits.
2. Personal Freedom: Subjective, plain and simple. Our freedoms are limited. Your idea of freedom may conflict with mine.
and Your Rights: The Bill of Rights still exists. Your ability to sue the government can be seen in action daily.
3. Free Market Economics: Subjective. Compare the 1920s to today.
4. Economic Freedom to Grow Jobs and Your Opportunities: See above.
6. A Debt Free Future For You and Generations To Come: Andrew Jackson? Thank you. The world has changed since the early 19th century. Maybe you could invent a time machine?
7. Lower Taxes: People have been screaming "lower taxes" for millennia. I don't know where you live, but we have no state income tax here. Move. Problem solved.

My post was a response to talking points. I'm not the OP. Maybe you should tell the OP that her OP is off-topic?
Cute Lets look for the truth instead of trying to be right
1 The Federal Governments role has increased "left to the states" ring a bell? Abortion, medical marijuana, marriage, military industrial complex to expand our empire. There you have it increase in Federal government. I didn't even bring up out of control spending
2. freedom unless someones rights have been violated government stays out, a limited and defined role. Our freedoms are limited because we have a tyrannical government which has overstepped its authority. We didn't fight a revolutionary war to replace British tyranny with our own. Government knows what's best for us right?
3. Little to do with the free market. Government interferes with the market. Capitalism is not the free market. Crony capitalism abounds. btw the 1920 saw unemployment drop from 12 percent to under 4 in 3 years because government stayed out of the mix
4. Crony capitalism and subsidies see 3 above
5. What fiscal responsibility???????
6. LMAO A debt free future? Congress can't get a budget right for 1 year much less 10. With technology today it should be easier to overcome bad times. But all you said was time machine and thought it was clever. No central bank which is political and helps grow government ring a bell?
7. No state taxes here either. But then again you missed the other part of the equation. It's called spending. Can't live within our means when we spend more than we take in. You remember the increased federal spending that has been going on for decades. Reduce the size of our bloated, inefficient government. Problem solved.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Good! Everyone should declare war on the Tea Party. They're bad news for the US...

Quote:
VA Democrat Declares War on Tea Party, NRA and Fox News. Wow, what is so bad about wanting this:

3. Free Market Economics
7. Lower Taxes

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Because believe it or not, not all of those are good things. Yes they SOUND good, and looking over it...its all buzzwords, the details are what matters, and most folks have found that the details of all of this matter a LOT.
I don't believe it bek its not true
U can't debt your way out of debt
The path of freedom is not enslavement

Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Like a leftie said about the $17 trillion in debt... It's not due today. In other words let our kids and grandkids pay it.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Like a leftie said about the $17 trillion in debt... It's not due today. In other words let our kids and grandkids pay it.
"A leftie" whom you cannot name?? Other "lefties" have told the truth that big-spending repubs have run up most of the national debt. Surely that debt has been "passed down" over the years, so you are not at all against that.
Maybe you should stop distorting facts and place responsibility where it belongs?
National Debt Graph by President
Rhetoric misleading: Who really ran up the national debt? - National economic policy | Examiner.com
New Statesman | Who ran up the US deficit? Clue: it's not Obama

Of course your RW "fair and balanced" propaganda machines have been saying that Obama is responsible for the bulk of the debt, and their brain-dead audience has been lapping it up. No conservative should have a complaint about either deficits or the national debt.
Dick Cheney to Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill: "You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter."

Yep, RW deity Ronald Reagan proved it, and deity #2 Cheney, certainly supported by most repubs, accepts it as fact. So there you have it - the right-wing justification for every penny - and it is "all good".

Old 04-14-2014, 12:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:

3. Free Market Economics
7. Lower Taxes
Is this supposed to be a thread about a VA democrat declaring war on the Tea Party, NRA, and Fox News or is this supposed to be a debate on the talking points you listed below? I really hate when people start threads like these. I mean, you didn't even give the name of this Democrat.... I think I know who you are talking about though.... Mike Dickinson. yeah, he's really bad news.

Really bad.....

He said gun owners are like little children who need put in to place, that supporters of the NRA are "pure trash", and that the FCC should more strictly regulate what Fox News does, 1st amendment be damned.

Frankly I'm not inclined to take any Life lessons from a man who's made his living off the backs of naked women among other aspects of the adult entertainment industry, and then misrepresented his role in that industry to constituents. I don't think this guy has a hope or a prayer of getting elected. His own party doesn't even want to nominate him.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:37 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Are you paying for your grandparents "bill" ?

Nope. I suggest you pick a new issue to complain about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
"A leftie" whom you cannot name?? Other "lefties" have told the truth that big-spending repubs have run up most of the national debt. Surely that debt has been "passed down" over the years, so you are not at all against that.
Maybe you should stop distorting facts and place responsibility where it belongs?
National Debt Graph by President
Rhetoric misleading: Who really ran up the national debt? - National economic policy | Examiner.com
New Statesman | Who ran up the US deficit? Clue: it's not Obama

Of course your RW "fair and balanced" propaganda machines have been saying that Obama is responsible for the bulk of the debt, and their brain-dead audience has been lapping it up. No conservative should have a complaint about either deficits or the national debt.
Dick Cheney to Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill: "You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter."

Yep, RW deity Ronald Reagan proved it, and deity #2 Cheney, certainly supported by most repubs, accepts it as fact. So there you have it - the right-wing justification for every penny - and it is "all good".
Don't post facts with conservatives. It will just make them go further into their deluded shell. You are better off just arguing in the same manner they do (opinion-based whining).

Old 04-14-2014, 12:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Too gosh damn bad, that they cannot declare war on Poverty in the black communities, find jobs for all of those who truly have given up because many have. Too bad, they can't mean that they truly would bring to every living soul, Hope, NOT and Change, which was not for the better. The worse.

Actually too gosh damn bad, they can't declare war on the crap they try to sell the naïve, the ignorant, and the brainwash
and to stop being deceitful. The war should be started and ending with the Democrat Rat Pack.

Too gosh damn bad they are threaten by anyone gosh foribid who does have their own mind, and does not mind speaking it. They created a war, by their blatent outright damn lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies