Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:33 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times

Advertisements

It depends. I admire the self made ones,and usually despise the political class like John Kerry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM

168 posts, read 335,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
You would have to define "rich" before I could comment. If you're talking about wealthy, I doubt that anyone in that category is spending time on this forum.
If you would of read through the thread he stated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
I am talking about ALL rich people....50k$ or more a year.

I spent my youth working to better myself working part time jobs and doing good in school, he spent his youth partying, doing drugs, and having sex.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
wait...50k a year???

Im confused.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times
Quote:
You live in California one of the top 5 states with the highest taxes what do you expect?

Not a felon. Was given a first offenders sentence and it was erased.Doesn't come up when a background check is run...been run a few times for housing/loans etc.
Sentence was erased but you can apply for your rights back and the federal government will not allow you to own a gun. Are you reading what you write. see#154

Old 03-26-2013, 09:03 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times
Quote:
Nope. Never dumb enough to get caught with drugs. I haven't done drugs in 5 years or more. I never went anywhere when I did smoke weed either. This was something else.

Government either needs to have REAL programs that help people find good jobs or they need to hand out the wealth to us all...no fair letting the less fortunate among them to fend for themselves. That's what creates criminals. One important thing I pass on to my kids is the government and society hate us. So you do what you MUST to get by in life,steal,lie,cheat do whatever...its a dog eat dog world...I tried doing things by the rules not anymore....
Father of the year when did you start doing the right thing after you stopped smoking pot after you got out of jail after you had kids you could not afford. It takes more then 5 years of not smoking pot and living off other people.to make it

Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
I am talking about ALL rich people....50k$ or more a year. But the 1% are the ones who need to share the wealth.

Oh please, 50k$ is not rich. My youngest son was making more then that at age 25. There is a difference between you and i.

I did know sucessful people who made a sucess out of their life. I learned from them also, asked questions, learned the positive and the negatives. They were already sucessful, we were starting out. I have never been a whiner, or one who makes excuses.

Credit cards when we were younger got us into trouble, pay for food with credit this with credit, which in turns gets you into trouble.
Learned though, and learned the hard way by getting a classic mustang a Boss hot 302 taken away. Yes that was a wake up call, and a place i never ever wanted to be in again.

Got rid of the credit cards, had only a gas, a visa and a store credit. Paid off all of our credit debt. And Put ourselves to college. We worked two and three jobs at a time, and cleaned Monterosi Schools at that time they were popular.. Bought the basics to live on and coupons for food and finding sale priced items.

I wanted to be around sucessful people those who are not, sorry do not intrerest me, i cannot learn a thing from people who are not sucessful in life and those who do not have pride in their accomplishments.

All people have some type of problems, don't cry about it, and please get over yourself already, and stop blaming those who have more then you in life, it is not becoming. Do you give thousands a month in charities, oh you don't then stop already. Most people can see thru jealously.

Nor will i apologize to you or anyone else, for the elite area i live in, the rentals we own, the cabine we own, the cars i drive, and the friends that we have for nobody. I earned it, took over 20 years to get there, and yes i now enjoy it. Family however is the most important thing to me, and the good friends that we have, and i am there for my friends in a heartbeat.

I came from a family that did not believe in cope outs or excuses, and being positive does help.

Big deal, there are people who have more then i, i am not going to spend my life, being jealous, pissed, or negative, be happy if you have good health, that is the number one most important aspect in life. Good health and you can acomplish anything.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
It scares me deeply that this guy is a parent.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:59 PM

315 posts, read 256,036 times
I think they need to pay more taxes and need means testing on SS and MC so if they have over so much they can't get it.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
i hate those with computers and are on forums, there are many poor who cannot afford one. i hate those with 2 TVs, they should have to give one to a person who does not have it, especially if they have 100s of channels, do they need that many channels. those folks with snobby attitude and think they are better than the poor who dont have a TV. I looooaathhh them, it is not fair.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:05 PM

157 posts, read 102,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
wait...50k a year???

Im confused.
To me that is rich well at least well enough off...Anyone in the top 1% needs to pay the people they used to get where they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Sentence was erased but you can apply for your rights back and the federal government will not allow you to own a gun. Are you reading what you write. see#154
I don't care what the federal morons "let" me do.The state where the "crime" was committed gave me my rights back and I can vote,get a gun in that state etc. I was told the people I need to ask for my rights back in the government isn't funded anymore so they aren't taking requests...so I choose to ignore there idiotic laws.That's what I love about private gun deals...no names no nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies