Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM

157 posts, read 102,907 times

Advertisements

I am talking about ALL rich people....50k$ or more a year. But the 1% are the ones who need to share the wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
If someone is rich, then good for them. I just think they should have to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM

157 posts, read 102,907 times
No they don't. They were either born with a silver spoon in their mouth or they used the backs of poor people to get where they are.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:34 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
Maybe they need to spread the wealth so we have programs that can help poor people go to school etc...my wife and I both want to continue our education her to get her CNA at the very least me to get a CDL A but we have 3 kids. 1 is in school so no problem during the day there the other 2 aren't. We can't afford day care because its EXTREMELY expensive.

Why?

I highly doubt any of my neighbors is rich. I live in a 12 unit apartment complex,mostly blue collar workers,college students.I know neighbor above me works at tire shop and fast food joint and his wife works at fast food joint.

Pathetic you think poor people are lazy. Both me and my wife have worked all of our adult lives yet are still poor,still drive a 14 year old vehicle,etc etc...Unfortunately we weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouth's like so many others. We were never given a chance to become rich,we barely scrape by to make ends meet as it is. The 1% needs to spread the wealth around they have more than enough to be able to help the less fortunate.
Last time I checked school is already paid for everyone for 12 years, is that not enough?

And you make poor choices by having children before your ready and others should pay for that? Take responsibility of your actions.

I didn't start out ahead of the game in this life, I have carved out a little piece of the pie for myself and my wife. We live within our means and expect nothing from others. Stop complaining about others success and work for your own.

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I respect them immensely.
Why? Respect should be earned. Based on your posts, I don't think you have much respect for Hollywood celebrities, Warren Buffet, the POTUS, Al Gore or Bill Clinton. So clearly you don't respect rich people just for being rich. I can respect a hard-working, high acheiving person, but not all rich people deserve respect and not all of them are hard-working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't think much about rich people. I don't think much about anybody's financial status. Why should I?
Hard for me to say this, but I agree and this is exactly how I feel, but I don't hate the poor either.

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
This thread is about rich people. Federal employees may be well paid, but most are not rich.
They are richer is that not the principle?

Sen. John Kerry, gawd isn't he just lovely and oozing with wealthy benevolence?

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
I am talking about ALL rich people....50k$ or more a year. But the 1% are the ones who need to share the wealth.
You're defining "rich" as anyone making $50K or more a year? Is this a troll thread? (brand new poster with a nazi user name is usually pretty telling)

Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
What? 50k a year is not rich. Wow, I always jokingly called my family "hood rich", but I didn't know I was really rich. LOL. Did you forget a 0?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
Quote:
Maybe they need to spread the wealth so we have programs that can help poor people go to school etc...my wife and I both want to continue our education her to get her CNA at the very least me to get a CDL A but we have 3 kids. 1 is in school so no problem during the day there the other 2 aren't. We can't afford day care because its EXTREMELY expensive.

Why?

I highly doubt any of my neighbors is rich. I live in a 12 unit apartment complex,mostly blue collar workers,college students.I know neighbor above me works at tire shop and fast food joint and his wife works at fast food joint.

Pathetic you think poor people are lazy. Both me and my wife have worked all of our adult lives yet are still poor,still drive a 14 year old vehicle,etc etc...Unfortunately we weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouth's like so many others. We were never given a chance to become rich,we barely scrape by to make ends meet as it is. The 1% needs to spread the wealth around they have more than enough to be able to help the less fortunate.
Wealth can be earned, go earn it and put your hand in your own pockets. Your views on this would turn 180 if you won the lottery today and people started attacking you for your money.

Daycare has always been expensive. Kids in general are expensive. Get a 2nd job. It will help tremendously. Get hired onto a trucking company and they will front your CDL tuition.

You can make it if YOU want to. Throw any situation out and there will be a non handout solution.

I worked 3 jobs and my own side business for a while. Its not easy, but its doable.

Have the wife find a job that pays for school. Again, it will be hard, but its doable.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 PM

580 posts, read 965,226 times
Quote:
Hate them? Love them? Think they should share their wealth? Think they should horde their wealth and not care about humanity and those less fortunate than themselves?

I personally can't stand anyone who is rich...new cars,new homes,snobby attitude. Personally think the top 1% need to share the wealth there is no reason people need that much money while people go hungry and homeless in this country. What say you?
People are people. You take away all the fancy cars, the nice big house, the jewelry, the expensive vacations, the money and what do you get? Just a person. They bleed, they need to eat, they need to drink. In the very end they are just the same as anyone else. Some can be extremely snobby or mean. Others can be extremely nice. Just some poor people can be extremely bitter and mean while others open their heats up completely.

Another thing to think about. The introduction to the most recent Zeitgeist video puts illustrates it in a very nice way. DISCLAIMER: It's been a while since I saw the video. Some of what I've said might be a little inaccurate. They tell a story of when the narrator (someone like that. I really don't know who) was a little kid. He used to play Monopoly with his grandmother. In the games she'd always win until the one the one day after many times of practicing he beat his grandmother. when he had all the properties and all the money and the game was over all she said was that it was time to clean up.

Basically that's life. You climb the corporate ladder and gain all this wealth, gain all this stuff and, in the end, it's meaningless. You cant take it with you when you die.

Those are the types of rich people I like. They have the money and everything but they know it doesn't matter in the end. Besides that, I try to get along with all people whether or not they have a big bank account. That is, after all, just a bunch of superficial outside stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies