Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM

73,116 posts, read 62,763,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is a fact and I have said this all along, that any time thug or ghetto behavior is brought up, it is either defended to some extent or excuses are made for it to justify it to some extent. Whites, as a rule, do not do this, neither do we hang with bikers or trailer trash. Blacks don't do enough to separate themselves from the lower class scum.
Blacks don't do it enough? Why are we leaving alot of neighborhoods for the suburbs? What is that about? If we embraced such behavior, why are Black people rushing to the suburbs in large numbers, specifically the Black middle class?

And something else, I know plenty of Black people who call out this behavior. The thing is, it is people like Bill Cosby who will say this stuff out in public. Most people I know say this stuff in church. There are plenty of Black people complaining about thug culture. They just don't say these things in public. I should know because I've been to Black churches and heard this for myself.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,490,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If we "embrace" them, as you say, then why are so many Black people trying to run away from these types? Why are people like me trying to get an education and stay away from people like that? Obviously not EVERY black person...but the majority of the community defends and embraces them....if you do not then you will be one of the people that other blacks label a traitor.

And you know the irony of your statement? The largest consumer of rap music is young suburban Whites. It doesn't matter WHOM does most of the purchasing...it matters the image they're selling!

It doesn't surprise me that you would try to justify me being treated poorly or try to downplay it. I've seen this before.HUH?

Try to keep up with the conversation....I don't want to have to put EVERYTHING in the simplest terms....it gets tiring.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

Try to keep up with the conversation....I don't want to have to put EVERYTHING in the simplest terms....it gets tiring.

Why am I wasting time trying to defend myself?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,341,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Blacks don't do it enough? Why are we leaving alot of neighborhoods for the suburbs? What is that about? If we embraced such behavior, why are Black people rushing to the suburbs in large numbers, specifically the Black middle class?

And something else, I know plenty of Black people who call out this behavior. The thing is, it is people like Bill Cosby who will say this stuff out in public. Most people I know say this stuff in church. There are plenty of Black people complaining about thug culture. They just don't say these things in public. I should know because I've been to Black churches and heard this for myself.
People like hime want all blacks to denounce other blacks in front of whites in order to make themselves feel better about some of the racist remarks that they constantly make. I say this because if it was not true he would not assume that all blacks embrace negative behavior in the first place.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
People like hime want all blacks to denounce other blacks in front of whites in order to make themselves feel better about some of the racist remarks that they constantly make. I say this because if it was not true he would not assume that all blacks embrace negative behavior in the first place.
I've been holding out on that. Part of why I brought up some of the things being said it church. There are Black people who don't approve of certain disturbing behaviors. I would say many people don't want to mention it publicly for the reason you have mentioned. It has more to do with "airing out dirty laundry for all to see". With Bill Cosby, this is what I have to say. I think some people were concerned that some racist persons would use what Bill Cosby said as a way to confirm the worst about Black people, sort of like "well, if a Black man says it, then it must be true, so I don't feel bad".

Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Until you disown the thug class you'll be lumped in with them...

I guarrantee any white person dressed like a biker or thug will be treated the same...the big difference is the black community embraces their thugs and you know it!
Oh really? If the low information whites would not classify the actions of a few blacks with an entire group your misinformative remark would not even be worth replying to. Whites are the only group of people that are not grouped by the actions of a few.

Truthfully, if you really want proof that what you said is a bunch of -------- , why do well meaning whites embrace dumbazz racist whenever they say something stupid?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Like I said...the white community as a whole chastises their lowlifes whereas the black community as a whole embraces theirs. Is that too hard to comprehend or see?
I don't recall whites "chastising" Al Capone, the Mafia, Babyface Nelson, Bonnie and Clyde and a various other assorted mobsters and criminals instead they made movies about them

Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is a fact and I have said this all along, that any time thug or ghetto behavior is brought up, it is either defended to some extent or excuses are made for it to justify it to some extent. Whites, as a rule, do not do this, neither do we hang with bikers or trailer trash. Blacks don't do enough to separate themselves from the lower class scum.
Gee, I expected more from you to actually believe in such stupidity The only blacks who support that crap are those who live in it. I never seen Obama, Robert Johnson, or even Jay-Z who actually grew up in that crap throwing up gang signs

Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It may be your age. Back then, he was called "the first black president" because he grew up with a single mother, drank liquor, enjoyed weed, played the sax, and filandered with women. The fact that he leased an office in Harlem around 2000 was the icing on the cake. Blacks embraced and celebrated that idea.
Hmmm, in other words he did not act like the typical whiteman

8 US Presidents who supposedly did drugs - Guyism

And I want to add that since alcohol is also a drug, we can pretty much assume that the majority of them drank at one time or another
Sexual Affairs by US Presidents - Nolan Thomas on HubPages

Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933) The 30th president of the United States was determined to preserve old moral and economic precepts amid American prosperity. He played the harmonica.

Ronald Reagan (1911-2004) The 40th president of the United States implemented the Reagan Revolution. He played the harmonica

Chester Alan Arthur (1829 – 1886) Became the 21st president of the United States following the assassination of President James A. Garfield. He played the Banjo.

Warren Harding (1865-1923) The 29th president of the United States organized the Citizen’s Cornet Band, available for both Republican and Democratic rallies. He once remarked that, “I played every instrument but the slide trombone and the E-flat cornet.”

Harry Truman (1884 – 1972) The 33rd president of the United States who served during the conclusion of World War II, played the Piano

So what is the difference between Clinton and the other presidents? Oh yeah blacks voted for him in droves

Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
....Maybe it's THIS! Ever hear of the law of attraction?

Perhaps your paranoia of not feeling like a regular person attracted you not being treated like a regular person.

...It might have highlighted you as being up to something.

I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I'd never survive walking through an area...that I've walked through many times before!
...Maybe since I wasn't doing it to be daring, brazen or out to prove anything, nobody cared....I didn't stand out as looking for trouble, Despite standing out.

People can sense when you're nervous or paranoid. Then they get paranoid and nervous.

That said, of course there are always people of any race that just won't like you or me simply because we don't look or act like them...no one has a lock on that market.

You are absolutely right! It is just my imagination whenever I go into a high end store regardless of what I'm wearing someone is constantly following me. I guess that I'm just being paranoid whenever the police are "looking" for a specific blackmale between the age of 18-50, weighing between 150-250 lbs and is between 5'5" and 6'3" and they pull me over because I "fit the description". I guess it is just me whenever I get on elevator with some little old white woman and she automatically clutches her purse eventhough my suit cost more than what she makes in three months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies