Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 06:02 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Paranoid much?
No, not at all. This is something that actually happened. What is disturbing is how much you are trying to downplay this.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
....Maybe it's THIS! Ever hear of the law of attraction?

Perhaps your paranoia of not feeling like a regular person attracted you not being treated like a regular person.

...It might have highlighted you as being up to something.

I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I'd never survive walking through an area...that I've walked through many times before!
...Maybe since I wasn't doing it to be daring, brazen or out to prove anything, nobody cared....I didn't stand out as looking for trouble, Despite standing out.

People can sense when you're nervous or paranoid. Then they get paranoid and nervous.

That said, of course there are always people of any race that just won't like you or me simply because we don't look or act like them...no one has a lock on that market.
I'm not surprised you're trying to downplay my experience.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 671 times
It shouldn't matter what color anyone's skin is as a reason for dislike, (we don't have a choice in the matter) but such is life in America. African Americans are a very colorful people. We see on TV how our "ebonics", expression, general body makeup, etc. has become popular both positively and negatively. So far as I see it there will always be people who don't use they're own brains to think about the fact that we don't have control over what family we are born into. This should be a reason for individuals to try to be the best person they can be and act as if they have common sense. Give respect, get respect is what a lot of black youth are not being taught to practice. You don't have to be a follower of the negative.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
In my opinion, low income blacks have hijacked black American culture. Many do not realize that people from around the globe watch rap & r&b and formulate negative opinions, based on the lyrics and rap videos. I really believe that if rap & r&b didn't exist in its present form, there would be far less negative stereotypes about black Americans.
Disagree

We never has black American culture to begin with our culture comes from the oppression that we lived in for many decades for example soul food is table scraps that whites wouldn't eat. Nothing healthy about neckbone and all those southern dishes that kill blacks off before 60.

Low income blacks is. Also a result of living in a white privileged area where many blacks especially makes where kicked outta the home in favor of. Paycheck to women as a incentive to have kids.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Personally, I have no proof of Black people embracing Bill Clinton's behavior. I haven't heard of it. So I don't know if I can believe that. And I have never heard of any White people referring to Bill Clinton as "trailer trash". I need some proof of this.

As for the Blacks you have encountered, I have this to say. Black people who do not fit the stereotype often try to keep away from those that do.The different is that those who live up to the stereotype scream the loudest. That combined with the old adage "if it bleeds, it leads", it gives some unwanted attention to the worst of the Black population.
Unemployment at a low rate under Clinton? Didn't he expand sba to help black folks start businesses and expand financial aid and all? I know he did a lot for us back then and this was the time if the tech boom.

Also he e want afraid of blacks he frequented the lower income areas and he didn't come off as a elitist which we liked.

Bill Clinton did a lot to help those who seemed it, a lot of successful blacks now started off under Clinton. I remember complained paying 60k a year for people with their mcse certification. Bill was president during a good time.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, not at all. This is something that actually happened. What is disturbing is how much you are trying to downplay this.
I doubt it is that big of a deal.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Disagree

We never has black American culture to begin with our culture comes from the oppression that we lived in for many decades for example soul food is table scraps that whites wouldn't eat. Nothing healthy about neckbone and all those southern dishes that kill blacks off before 60.

Low income blacks is. Also a result of living in a white privileged area where many blacks especially makes where kicked outta the home in favor of. Paycheck to women as a incentive to have kids.
HUH?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
To me it is because I feel that I should be treated just like anyone else.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Unemployment at a low rate under Clinton? Didn't he expand sba to help black folks start businesses and expand financial aid and all? I know he did a lot for us back then and this was the time if the tech boom.

Also he e want afraid of blacks he frequented the lower income areas and he didn't come off as a elitist which we liked.

Bill Clinton did a lot to help those who seemed it, a lot of successful blacks now started off under Clinton. I remember complained paying 60k a year for people with their mcse certification. Bill was president during a good time.
He did all of that? I knew about what he did about welfare, but I didn't know about SBA and other stuff.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
You don't have any basis to say that. The experiences are not yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies