Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To me it is because I feel that I should be treated just like anyone else.
Maybe you are being over sensitive.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
People like hime want all blacks to denounce other blacks in front of whites in order to make themselves feel better about some of the racist remarks that they constantly make. I say this because if it was not true he would not assume that
Quote:
all blacks embrace negative behavior
in the first place.
All don't, but not enough do or it(neg behavior) would not be a major issue! You don't see the forest for the trees.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:19 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
First of all, I haven't defended anyone who does not work. I work as hard or harder than any Mexican immigrant; the difference between myself and them is that I don't have to do it for minimum wage. So it seems as if your reading comprehension in English needs great improvement. Your hysterical rants and freshmanic generalizations tell me that despite your 15 years in this country, you have developed no real insight into what you assert. You cannot make blanket statements about tens of millions of Americans of varied backgrounds, histories and cultures. One of my grandfathers came here with literally nothing but his arms, legs, back and fluency in four languages. The other one has origins in this country that go back to the 1600s. Both raised very successful children and grandchildren with none of these "damaging" characteristics you are ascribing to black people. My father was a football star, war veteran, masters degree holder and magazine editor. My brother, cousins and I have done pretty well too. My question to you is this: Why, in 15 years, have you not run into black people who have achieved? Is it that you and yours have not reached a very high level yourself?
Exactly @ the bold.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Who is "they?"

People already identify themselves as Nigerian-American or Ethiopian-American. Those types of jokes already exist. Where have you been? However, it is others who refuse to respect and acknowledge such ethnic identities.

Look at the census...Asians and Hispanics have their ethnicities broken down, but the government refuses to do the same for people of African origin. It seems like so many "whites" need to have someone to define as opposite from them, even when no one is even thinking of them. That's why had to force color labels on African peoples in the past and still insist on such labels now. That's why i often do support peope who say, "I'm not 'black,' I'm Ethiopian, Nigerian, Jamaican" etc.
Well, if blacks can demand everything else, why not country ancestory identification with the hyphen before American? I don't identify myself as a European-American. I don't like that people of Puerto Rican ancestory, for example, are lumped in with people of Cuban and Mexican ancestory, either, under "Hispanic." I think they are very different. Why would Puerto Rican-Americans care about, for example, "illegal immigration" more than any other American? Why would Mexican-Americans care about the normalization of US relations with Cuba more than any other American? The government, news media and politicians make it sound like you all think alike on issues because of skin color or language. I just think it's wrong.

The nationality joke thing was my attempt at humor, by the way.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Oh really? If the low information whites would not classify the actions of a few blacks with an entire group your misinformative remark would not even be worth replying to. Whites are the only group of people that are not grouped by the actions of a few.

Truthfully, if you really want proof that what you said is a bunch of -------- , why do well meaning whites embrace dumbazz racist whenever they say something stupid?
Well, maybe this is your chance to educate us "dumb azz whites" If it weren't a major problem, it would not be a point of discussion. We are not blind, we see, we hear and we stay away. It is more than just a few and there lies the problem. Show me where all of these majority blacks are that are so educated and no problematic behavior. There is a large segment of the black population that thinks they are to smart/good to work at menial labor, but refuse to become educated to pursue something better and are quite happy living on the dole. Part of the problem is, blacks who have made something of themselves, actually defend and support or make excuses for it. I don't get it, because the first step is admitting there is a problem and taking measures to correcting it. My question is, why?

Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely right! It is just my imagination whenever I go into a high end store regardless of what I'm wearing someone is constantly following me. I guess that I'm just being paranoid whenever the police are "looking" for a specific blackmale between the age of 18-50, weighing between 150-250 lbs and is between 5'5" and 6'3" and they pull me over because I "fit the description". I guess it is just me whenever I get on elevator with some little old white woman and she automatically clutches her purse eventhough my suit cost more than what she makes in three months.
Well then, it must be the news media blowing things out of proportion, I dunno, but every time I turn the news on, there seems to be a disproportionate number of blacks committing crimes, I guess they are stereotyping, couldn't have really happened.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Maybe you are being over sensitive.
Excuse me? You are calling me oversensitive because all I ask is to be treated like anyone else? To me that sounds very ridiculous.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Who is a victim? I work, I have a home that is paid off and I have investments along with a decent retirement. Oh, I forgot I'm a whiny crybaby victim for pointing out your intellectual shortcomings. If that how you measure crybabies, there sure are alot of them on this forum.
No need to be condescending, trying to point out someone's shortcoming's is not very intellectual in itself, you seem to do this a lot and believe me, it doesn't make you look any brighter.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:36 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,484,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Excuse me? You are calling me oversensitive because all I ask is to be treated like anyone else? To me that sounds very ridiculous.

Well, you ARE like everyone else...EVERYONE thinks they're being shortchanged....you've just been taught to blame your skin color!

Time to grow up now!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:45 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Well, you ARE like everyone else...EVERYONE thinks they're being shortchanged....you've just been taught to blame your skin color!

Time to grow up now!
No surprise that you try to downplay anything that happens to me. No surprise at all. I've run into plenty of people like that. Why should I have to worry about being followed around in a store? Why should I even be subjected to it. Give me a reason that is pertinent to ME as an individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies