Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 05:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All white people are supposed to feel guilty because people born long before we ever were enslaved black people.

Never mind that we didn't personally do this - we are guilty just because of our skin color.

Also, never mind that black people enslaved each other, and in fact it was black people who often brought slaves to the traders in return for a healthy profit.

You never hear about "black guilt" however.

I wonder why not.
I guess becaue "white guilt" was created by other whites. Personally I feel unless you engage in discriminatory practices you should not feel guilty for anything. Perhaps some whites are confusing compassion and understanding for the plight of another's past with guilt

Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,479,664 times
I look around at the African Americans with talent and lots of ambition, a number of them seem EXTREMELY successful. There probably are some discrimination cases, but also hundreds of thousands who had teenage moms who "gave it up" for popularity and proceeded to keep a home where thuggery would flourish. Really doesn't matter a BIT if there was any welfare. Look at the woman who wrote Harry Potter. Did welfare block her success? She was busy carving a path out of that lifestyle. To become one of the world's richest women. Or Oprah. Another on that list. Very few can ascend to those ranks, but most if not all can ascend to a normal lifestyle. So I think the argument on discrimination has become quite confused. Obama was black (or half anyway like an awful lot). Sits in the White House, vetoes bad bills, deploys or calls back the military. I think his mother gave him precisely what most of the challenged kids never got. Reasons to aspire.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:55 PM

17 posts, read 38,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
I look around at the African Americans with talent and lots of ambition, a number of them seem EXTREMELY successful. There probably are some discrimination cases, but also hundreds of thousands who had teenage moms who "gave it up" for popularity and proceeded to keep a home where thuggery would flourish. Really doesn't matter a BIT if there was any welfare. Look at the woman who wrote Harry Potter. Did welfare block her success? She was busy carving a path out of that lifestyle. To become one of the world's richest women. Or Oprah. Another on that list. Very few can ascend to those ranks, but most if not all can ascend to a normal lifestyle. So I think the argument on discrimination has become quite confused. Obama was black (or half anyway like an awful lot). Sits in the White House, vetoes bad bills, deploys or calls back the military. I think his mother gave him precisely what most of the challenged kids never got. Reasons to aspire.
all of those people struggled to get where they are and still face discrimination. obama is still called a monkey and every racist name in the book despite being the president. and michelle is always called angry.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyribbons View Post
all of those people struggled to get where they are and still face discrimination. obama is still called a monkey and every racist name in the book despite being the president. and michelle is always called angry.
Not to mention that the creator of Harry Potter is a white english woman and Oprah did not have any children to contend with.

A better example would be many of the pro athletes who grew up with one parent or with their grand parents (see Maurice Jones-Drew) and still succeed.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM

252 posts, read 258,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not to mention that the creator of Harry Potter is a white english woman and Oprah did not have any children to contend with.

A better example would be many of the pro athletes who grew up with one parent or with their grand parents (see Maurice Jones-Drew) and still succeed.
Eh. What's with blacks and sports/entertainment. Need to stop relying on those industries as your meal ticket

MJD runs good with a ball in his hand. Hardly someone to look up to.

You are correct Obama is still discriminated against. But it works both ways. I voted for him in 2008 and it's fairly obvious if he was an inexperienced WHITE candidate from Chicago preaching about change, he would have gotten smoked by McCain. Let's not act like white guilt and reverse racism doesn't exist. In the land of political correctness, be labeled a racist or anti-semitic is many Americans biggest fears.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_limit View Post
Eh. What's with blacks and sports/entertainment. Need to stop relying on those industries as your meal ticket

That is the mentality of desperation fueled by their parents who should know better.

MJD runs good with a ball in his hand. Hardly someone to look up to.

I agree with you there, but I was using him as a slightly better example than what was mentioned. I always hope that my son's idol and would always be me

You are correct Obama is still discriminated against. But it works both ways. I voted for him in 2008 and it's fairly obvious if he was an inexperienced WHITE candidate from Chicago preaching about change, he would have gotten smoked by McCain. Let's not act like white guilt and reverse racism doesn't exist. In the land of political correctness, be labeled a racist or anti-semitic is many Americans biggest fears.

I don't know, I would have been more inclined to believe it if Palin was not his running mate. You have to realize one thing, whites created the term "white guilt" and are the ones throwing it at each other. As being anti-semitic, the controlled that Jewish lobbyist have over the media would make it a political death warrant for anyone even thinks about challenging them

Old 05-04-2013, 09:57 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3131 View Post
Hold Up Now!
There is no such thing as a white African. The white people there are not African they are europeans living in africa.lol
europeans,caucusoids, whites, anglo whatever floats your boat are all from one small place,"europe". They are not a global people, understand that��
I guess you people are not really Americans, you are just displaced Africans...

...and, if you had any knowledge on the situation, you would know there are some very light Africans. Ever hear of the Berbers?

Last edited by 9162; 05-04-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I guess becaue "white guilt" was created by other whites. Personally I feel unless you engage in discriminatory practices you should not feel guilty for anything. Perhaps some whites (and primarily blacks) are confusing compassion and understanding for the plight of another's past with guilt
White guilt is a myth.

Whatever....the legacy allows blacks the highest standard of living in the world. Yet, some still complain about something that happened over 150 years ago. It's about time to grow up.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
White guilt is a myth.

Whatever....the legacy allows blacks the highest standard of living in the world. Yet, some still complain about something that happened over 150 years ago. It's about time to grow up.
I find it interesting that what you said towards blacks (apathy) regarding the continous brutal history in America from whites can be solved by simply "growing up" will not be vocalized towards the Jews in regards towards the Holocaust. To make it quite simple, the arrogance and ignorance displayed by people such as yourself is one of the reasons why there is still such a disparity gap between blacks and whites in this country. With your limited mindset it is easier for you to point the finger at blacks for their plight instead of coming to the table and discussing how to make things right, but instead you choose to ignore the events that has happened AFTER slavery, the hangings, miscarriages of justice, and even the beatings by law enforcement to the point that blacks had to fight to be considered equal citizens in a country that they helped to build.

What makes you think that blacks have the highest standard of living when they are still not treated as equals in their own country? Black unemployment has always been higher than whites regardless of education throughout history... but we should not complain. Blacks have a higher chance of be jailed than whites regardless of the charge....but we should not complain. Schools, housing and medical care have never been on par to their white counterparts.....but we should not complain. Until recently their still was a state that had not ratified the 13th Admendment, but yet blacks should "just get over it" and not complain about something that happened over a 150 years ago
Mississippi Becomes Last State to Ratify 13th Amendment

Old 05-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting that what you said towards blacks (apathy) regarding the continous brutal history in America from whites can be solved by simply "growing up" will not be vocalized towards the Jews in regards towards the Holocaust. To make it quite simple, the arrogance and ignorance displayed by people such as yourself is one of the reasons why there is still such a disparity gap between blacks and whites in this country. With your limited mindset it is easier for you to point the finger at blacks for their plight instead of coming to the table and discussing how to make things right, but instead you choose to ignore the events that has happened AFTER slavery, the hangings, miscarriages of justice, and even the beatings by law enforcement to the point that blacks had to fight to be considered equal citizens in a country that they helped to build.
What does any of this have to do with Jews??? Do you know what you are talking about? It seems to be a common thread with you. I am not a Jew. No arrogance or ignorance, just common sense. You are the one reeking of arrogance and ignorance. The disparity of blacks in this country is completely their own fault. Why are other minorities so much more competent? Why do so many blacks who immigrate here from Africa often end up doing so much better? In spite of often coming from nothing? What about Asians? Why is it after years of education, you still think having babies at a young age (out of wed lock), continuing the cycle of poverty is caused by somebody else? When will you take ownership? Whites have come to the table, and gave and gave and gave. How many years of hand outs, affirmative action, special quotas and subsidies will it take? How many TV shows do we need to continuously air showing charismatic black people making it, with subordinate white characters, before it will rub off? You continually talk about things that happened decades ago (centuries), as if it just happened recently. One of the problems is, black parents teach their kids about racism, and they learn to hate whites from an early age, and continue through life bitter, and angry, believing they are entitled and owed. Maybe some day you will realize by continuously grinding your axe, you are only making things worse.

Quote:
What makes you think that blacks have the highest standard of living when they are still not treated as equals in their own country? Black unemployment has always been higher than whites regardless of education throughout history... but we should not complain. Blacks have a higher chance of be jailed than whites regardless of the charge....but we should not complain. Schools, housing and medical care have never been on par to their white counterparts.....but we should not complain. Until recently their still was a state that had not ratified the 13th Admendment, but yet blacks should "just get over it" and not complain about something that happened over a 150 years ago
Mississippi Becomes Last State to Ratify 13th Amendment
One of your problems is you twist things around, this is how you rationalize. What I said, is that blacks in the U.S. have the highest standard of living compared to blacks in the rest of the world. You have been treated equally for decades, and have the added benefit of affirmative action. Fortune 500 companies continuously look for minorities to hire; they certainly don't want someone who looks like me.

Blacks have a higher chance of going to jail because a much larger percentage of blacks commit crimes compared to other races; particularly violent crimes. Collectively there are more poor white people in this country than poor blacks, yet more blacks still commit crimes. Also, jail is not necessarily seen as a deterrent for blacks, particularly youth, and is often seen as a badge of honor in your culture. -Oh, and don't forget, you had pay back with O.J. You actually, waste time concerned about a state so backward as Mississippi, for not ratifying the 13th amendment? As if, slavery would continue in that state otherwise?

Look at the struggles of the gay community, they are discriminated vehemently throughout most of this country, and they don't resort to crime, and have far more struggles in the 21st century than any other minority group. People will resort to the bible when it suits them, just like they did years ago with slavery, and now they aim their ire at a people who through no fault of their own simply prefer a mate of same gender .

Last edited by 9162; 05-05-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies