Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Someone's ability to work is not connected to or correlated with their right to vote.
Someone on the dole shouldn't be able to vote themselves more benefits.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM

26 posts, read 23,859 times
I believe it's where or how you have grown up. I lived in the country and never bumped into a black person too often but my parents always taught me that I should get to know people and then judge who they are, not judge them based on their race. Turns out, a lot of my good friends are black and Asian....and they are not at all categorized in any stereotypes they are given...(This is where I'm from in Canada)...

Here in the U.S my husband has a totally different perspective..mostly because he works in a prison and it is 99% black people. Mind you the prison holds over 5000 prisoners. As soon as you walk outside, there are no black people. I was also shocked when I visited Detroit the first time... I was in a black community and there were big beautiful houses that are all falling apart and most of the homes were foreclosed..I understand that the economy went down after the ford factory left but even this was way beyond what I expected...it was disgusting. I had never seen a black community that bad. Even the black people from there (who seem to care) say its terrible too.

I'm kinda just letting that info out there...I'm reminding you that I have a lot of black friends (so I'm not racist) I'm just stating the truth of what I've seen with my own eyes...

Old 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM

26 posts, read 23,859 times
I don't think it's their skin color..I think it's the actions that so many do similarity (like any race) that puts them into one big category.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:43 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,775,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3131 View Post
Hold Up Now!
There is no such thing as a white African. The white people there are not African they are europeans living in africa.lol
europeans,caucusoids, whites, anglo whatever floats your boat are all from one small place,"europe". They are not a global people, understand that��
Well, PLEASE tell that to our Government!!! Because that entity is counting people from Northern Africa as 'white', regardless of their skin pigmentation.

I think you should go to Washington and set them straight.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:02 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEYLO16 View Post
I believe it's where or how you have grown up. I lived in the country and never bumped into a black person too often but my parents always taught me that I should get to know people and then judge who they are, not judge them based on their race. Turns out, a lot of my good friends are black and Asian....and they are not at all categorized in any stereotypes they are given...(This is where I'm from in Canada)...

Here in the U.S my husband has a totally different perspective..mostly because he works in a prison and it is 99% black people. Mind you the prison holds over 5000 prisoners. As soon as you walk outside, there are no black people. I was also shocked when I visited Detroit the first time... I was in a black community and there were big beautiful houses that are all falling apart and most of the homes were foreclosed..I understand that the economy went down after the ford factory left but even this was way beyond what I expected...it was disgusting. I had never seen a black community that bad. Even the black people from there (who seem to care) say its terrible too.

I'm kinda just letting that info out there...I'm reminding you that I have a lot of black friends (so I'm not racist) I'm just stating the truth of what I've seen with my own eyes...
Well, perhaps this is the thing. You were in Detroit. Detroit is an extreme. There are much better places than Detroit. There are a few areas in metro Atlanta that are predominantly Black, and they aren't falling apart. Missouri City,TX is a majority Black(well, barely) suburb outside of Houston with very nice areas, a high income level, and a low crime rate. //www.city-data.com/city/Missouri-City-Texas.html
And if you click on that link, there are pictures.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEYLO16 View Post
I don't think it's their skin color..I think it's the actions that so many do similarity (like any race) that puts them into one big category.
I have my own take on it. There has been so much hatred towards Blacks for a long time, no matter what they were doing. It dates back to the early days of this nation. Discrimination has been taking place for a long time, period. Blacks have been put into one big category for years,not matter what. Most Blacks are not committing crimes, but the ones that do get alot of attention for it.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:41 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
All over the world the people with the darker skin are discriminated against by the people in power who have lighter skin. This is especially true with African Americans.

Many people say the main reason black people in America are discriminated against is they have black or dark skin. Do you think this is the true reason for the discrimination and hate or is it something else.

If the real reason is something other than their physical skin color then what is it?
It's not color, it's CULTURE. I dgaf if someone is brown, black, yellow white or purple, if you're ghetto, and embrace that lifestyle, I hate you, period.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Someone on the dole shouldn't be able to vote themselves more benefits.
Maybe when you start your own country you can decide who votes and who doesn't. Until then it's not your call. It's idiotic in any sense to believe that people vote according to whether or not they're "on the dole."

We are all on the dole in one way or the other.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Well, PLEASE tell that to our Government!!! Because that entity is counting people from Northern Africa as 'white', regardless of their skin pigmentation.

I think you should go to Washington and set them straight.
I agree. Just because a person speaks Arabic doesn't make them Caucasian. Many North Africans and Gulf Arabs are obviously not white.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
It's not color, it's CULTURE. I dgaf if someone is brown, black, yellow white or purple, if you're ghetto, and embrace that lifestyle, I hate you, period.
Well, I've gotten much hate from people in my life, and I don't often set foot in the ghetto. Why do all blacks experience hatred from others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies