Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
uh hum, so you deny it?

LOL at you!!

I'm black and I do deny that all white people are racist. You are pretty hilarious.

Black people are discriminated against because other people think poorly of black people based on stereotypes, ignorance, and misconceptions about an entire group of people. It is not just an American thing either, black people are not thought of very highly around the world by all sorts of people.

As a black woman, I could care less what eRay or any other white person thinks of me though and if you cause me any trouble due to your ignorance, belief in stereotypes, or misconceptions of me, my family or black friends, then I will use our legal system and sue the hell out of you as much as the law allows or tell you to your face how much I pity you in your ignorance. And if you still spout idiotic things, I will leave you to be an idiot because some people - no matter their skin color, cannot be educated by others and need self reflection and life experience in order to rise out of their ignorance.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at you!!

I'm black and I do deny that all white people are racist. You are pretty hilarious.

Black people are discriminated against because other people think poorly of black people based on stereotypes, ignorance, and misconceptions about an entire group of people. It is not just an American thing either, black people are not thought of very highly around the world by all sorts of people.

As a black woman, I could care less what eRay or any other white person thinks of me though and if you cause me any trouble due to your ignorance, belief in stereotypes, or misconceptions of me, my family or black friends, then I will use our legal system and sue the hell out of you as much as the law allows or tell you to your face how much I pity you in your ignorance. And if you still spout idiotic things, I will leave you to be an idiot because some people - no matter their skin color, cannot be educated by others and need self reflection and life experience in order to rise out of their ignorance.
You do more grouping and stereotyping than you think.

uh hum, the names I've heard some blacks call whites and conservative are amazing. so you are not one of those that call people racist because the person does not like Obama. Good for you. How about that.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
Take people as individuals? According to blacks all white people are racist, that does not sound like people who look at everyone individually.
All white people aren't racist, just 60-70% of them are. And I'm being generous here.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
All white people aren't racist, just 60-70% of them are. And I'm being generous here.
How generous of you. As I said, if you were not black what would you have to talk about?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:05 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
If you weren't black what would you have to talk about?
If you didn't have your hatred for blacks what would you do?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
If you didn't have your hatred for blacks what would you do?
Oh now it's hatred. Why don't you answer my question, is there anything else to talk about? What do you like to do? What are your hobbies. Do you work, going to school. Children? Or are you so focused on being black that you can't see past your skin color?

So what else is there about you to talk about? What do you dream about doing? What will you do to achieve your dream?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:12 PM

88,610 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, right to vote. I believe you brought up the issue of voter ID, which was pretty much a nonissue until the Republicans decided to make it one.

Actually, birth certificates are not always easy to obtain, especially for seniors from the South and from Puerto Rico.

I'm still trying to figure out what jobs have to do with this, but in any event, access to jobs is a problem as well for urban dwellers who have no cars. Public transportation from the city to the suburbs is often very poor and doesn't function well for those who need to work far from where they live.
Quote:
So you are saying that if you go to vote a conservative or republican will stop you, intimidate you?

And yes, birth certificates ARE easy to get. Each state and US possession has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificates on other vital records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all US

Here you go, find your state and apply

About.com: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm

Oh here you go, one for Puerto Rico

Oh here you go, one for District of Columbia

Wow, that was really, really, really, REALLY hard. So you claim that is hard, so what will tell an employer is too hard?

You see, the poor say "I can't" and give excuses. The successful say how can I and do what needs to be done.
No one answered this, so I will.

Read the first poster's specific statement, above. He's talking about some seniors from the south and from Puerto Rico. Giving them a link to state's birth certificate sources is useless because his point was that these people never had a birth certificate in the first place. Many older, poor people in the south or in Puerto Rico were born at home in remote places, in poverty, many years ago, and there was nowhere to register their births. There were no doctors in attendance and no local government interested in officially recording their births. Do you think anyone cared whether a child was born to a black family in, say, the Mississippi Delta in 1935? (Or if that child learned to read, but that's another thread.) Up until now, they've relied on religious baptismal records or other non-governmental records for identification, but when certain factions realized this was the case and that these people who had no birth certificates were voting, they pushed to change the laws to require a birth certificate to vote, effectively making it impossible for these elderly people to cast their ballot. It's just dirty politics.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM

So what, we just had to get a copy of our birth certificate and it was easy?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
So what, we just had to get a copy of our birth certificate and it was easy?
What if you were unable to obtain a birth certificate because of where you were born(such as 1935 Mississippi and being dirt poor)? And it isn't only Blacks in that predicament.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,552,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at you!!

The truth is that there are some noticeable deficiencies in the black community and sometimes there aren't enough blacks to offset the perceptions generated by those who perpetually validate the stereotypes. I live in Baltimore, and sometimes I think of those whites whose primary experiences with blacks are the ones they see when they drive into and out of the city. As much as some of us try to convince them that the majority of blacks aren't like the ones they see loitering, sagging their pants, being rude and ignorant, this is the real life example they get, further validated by (if they chose to tune in) most programs aired on the affectionately named Black Entertainment Television.

We can clamor on about the unfairness of being stereotyped, but there are far too many blacks perpetuating the stereotype constantly. Likewise, there are a strong segment of whites who perpetuate the stereotype that they are racist and elitist. I guess every group has its cross to bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies