Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I don't think Obama cares what me or you think. I just don't see what he has done positive. I think he is taking people for granted and now it will get worse because he doesn't have to run again. Of course there is 2014 and he will show up again to tell you how he is for the people. I just don't get why blacks support him, yea, I understand it's cool to have a black president but it should not stop there.

I expect a president to be and do things for the people. Do you think woman should vote for Hillary because she is a woman?
For the same reason for supporting other Democratic candidates. It is about Democrats.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For the same reason for supporting other Democratic candidates. It is about Democrats.
Sorry, I don't understand but I'll take a stab. Me, I am independent. I think they dems and repubs are one and the same. It just how they go about achieving the same goal.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand your comment?
I just mentioned Democrats. I just said it was for the same reason for supporting other Democratic candidates.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
The problems we already have are not fixed so why do you suppose that Obama and Democrats favor legalizing 11 million illegal immigrants?
It is not about black or white it is all about future democratic party voters of which 80% illegals will end up being.

As far as democratic voters and black folks black folks need to understand they are on the reservation, that they are owned by the democratic party just like Ol' Master on the Plantation used to own their forefathers. These owned black folks are obligated to vote democrat and I am sure they will do so.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 06-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It is not about black or white it is all about future democratic party voters of which 80% illegals will end up being.

As far as democratic voters and black folks black folks need to understand they are on the reservation, that they are owned by the democratic party just like Ol' Master on the Plantation used to own their forefathers. These owned black folks are obligated to vote democrat and I am sure they will do so.
I do believe the democratic party and Obama is more concerned about voter rolls. You can not help others if you are not strong yourself. The same goes for a country. He owes the American people first.

Blacks helped vote Obama in for a reason but he doesn't seem to be doing anything. Does he have a duty to spell out a specific black policy agenda? Is it time for him to squarely talk about race again, something he hasn’t really done since his 2008 Philadelphia speech? Will he have failed as the first African-American president if he does not do so?

As for whites, they also helped vote Obama into office but still nothing. Obama is taking the voters for granted. He knows the media will sell whatever he wants to people who don't have anything left but hope.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
As for whites, they also helped vote Obama into office but still nothing. Me, I didn't vote in 2008. I was not paying attention and did not feel I had the right to vote, I would have been uninformed. The 2012 campaign I didn't like his attitude toward half of America. I didn't like that all he talked about was increasing taxes.
If you didn't vote, then you can't complain.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
If you didn't vote, then you can't complain.
I did vote in 2012. And after paying attention to what Obama was about, I didn't vote for him.

Last edited by eRayP; 06-05-2013 at 11:58 AM..

Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
What it has proven is that said person ascribes to Nazi ideals and is looking for reasons to justify his own bigotry.

At the end of the day, I care about what represents ME!!!
So now we are back to a past thread, one which you got very upset over.

Quote:
Let me guess: You are going to judge all Black people based on one person. Doesn't sound logical to me.

Last edited by eRayP; 06-05-2013 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 12:01 PM

You would think that Obama would want to be the best president of time but he will go down in history as the worst. Obama has used color as a crutch. Obama uses blackness for over substance. But he feels no true kinship to blackness at his core, nor does he feel a responsibility to be the best. Obama believes that just being black is his legacy, and sadly he has lowered the standard.

Obama the First :: The Black Sphere

What is he doing for you?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:03 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
I look at PG's geography. It borders the worst parts of DC. You have the ugly parts around the beltway, and there is there are the wealthy areas of PG County.

I have a question. How do you approach the situation compared to me?

I look at the bad behavior like this. The worst behavior from Black people is often done out in the open, with no sense of shame. I've noticed that alot of Black people who don't perpetuate the stereotypes often don't live around those that do(at least where I live). I went to California, I hung around the decent areas. The Black people I met, none of them fulfilled the ugly stereotypes. In the Atlanta area, where I'm currently living, I've seen the best and the worst. I've ridden the buses and have seem some of the stereotypes fulfilled. However, in my university, I saw alot of professional Black people. I didn't see much loitering and rude behavior from Blacks in the suburbs. I saw a greater deal in the city of Atlanta, specifically in the poorest areas. It depended on where I went.
I agree that we generally are pretty open with our worst behavior. I actually agree with a lot of what you said, but the difference in our approaches to the matter lies in our opinions on the subject. My approach is that more of us need to stop actively perpetuating the stereotypes, especially if we already choose to believe that merely being black is a strike against us. Why exacerbate that circumstance by continuing to feed the stereotypes?

P.G. is not the greatest example for us. One needs to look no further than the schools, both inside and outside the beltway, to see that, even where we have economic prosperity, we still have a lot of work to do as a community. We still need to overcome the anti-intellectual culture that pervades our younger generations, in addition to the lackadaisical parental involvement in academic affairs. Stereotyping is inherently unfair, and I don't necessarily think whimsically that "it is what it is", but I can't blame those whose perceptions are constantly validated. (In a rush, would put together a more elaborate response, but this will have to do ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies