Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,552,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeperkeymaster View Post
Because they want everything for free.
Ok, now what the hell are YOU talking about? As far as I can tell, wanting everything for free is an expectation that a lot of Americans have, and isn't limited to one race.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Why do blacks support Obama?
Why do you complain about Black people?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:41 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have proof in some of the things you have said.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-other-18.html
Proof lol. The majority of blacks support Obama and I don't see that he is doing anything to help blacks yet they still support him. As one black man told me, he supports him because he is black, he represents the black man. Really? People act as if he is something great but there are black leaders throughout the world who have done much more for the people. Getting elected with a election machine behind you is nothing achieved and Obama takes the black vote for granted. When he does something positive for the country, then, you have something to brag about.

Hence my question, why do you support Obama? Do you support him because he is black, do you support him because he is doing things that help you?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Are African American's discriminated against because they have dark skin, or something else?

This thread is just another thread about race and there are so many to count. So I asked "do you talk about anything else". The name calling followed. As for your other comments you are putting words in my mouth but I won't coddle you if that is what you expect.

No I don't know if you support Obama but how am I supposed to know if you won't answer questions?
I don't agree with everything the President has done lately. And the approval ratings of the President have dropped among alot of people, Blacks too.

There are alot of threads about race on this forum, alot of them not started by Blacks. You asked "would you have anything else to talk about if you weren't Black?" You were making an assumption that because a person was Black, he or she would have nothing to talk about but race.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Proof lol. The majority of blacks support Obama and I don't see that he is doing anything to help blacks yet they still support him. As one black man told me, he supports him because he is black, he represents the black man. Really? People act as if he is something great but there are black leaders throughout the world. Getting elected with a election machine behind you is nothing achieved. When he does something positive for the country, then, you have something to brag about.

Hence my question, why do you support Obama? Do you support him because he is black, do you support him because he is doing things that help you?
That was plenty of proof. You said you couldn't stand Blacks because of President Obama. And voting for President Obama was no different than Blacks voting for any other Democratic candidate. Even with more coming out this past election, how many really supported the President because he was Black? You can't tell because Blacks have voted Democrat in large numbers since the 1960s, when Lyndon B. Johnson passed Civil Rights legislation.

And I answered your question in another post. I don't support everything he has done. And even if it was true, why does it matter to you who a person supports as a candidate? Why does it matter to you?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't agree with everything the President has done lately. And the approval ratings of the President have dropped among alot of people, Blacks too.
I don't think Obama cares what me or you think. I just don't see what he has done positive. I think he is taking people for granted and now it will get worse because he doesn't have to run again. Of course there is 2014 and he will show up again to tell you how he is for the people. I just don't get why blacks support him, yea, I understand it's cool to have a black president but it should not stop there.

I expect a president to be and do things for the people. Do you think woman should vote for Hillary because she is a woman?

Last edited by eRayP; 06-05-2013 at 11:00 AM..

Old 06-05-2013, 10:53 AM

Recognizing the detrimental jobs effect amnesty of 12 million illegal aliens most certainly will have on the black community, BALA has scheduled a march on DC June 15th. The organization hopes to bring attention to the sky-high unemployment rate in the black community as well as the disaster the proposed immigration legislation would be for the jobs market.

Consider the fact that nearly 51% of African Americans do not have a higher education. In 2011, 24.6% of blacks without a high school diploma were unemployed. Even blacks with a high school diploma were unemployed at a rate of 15.5% that same year. Passing legislation to add additional workers to an already swamped labor market will only exacerbate these statistics.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Most policy makers who favor the legalization of nearly 11 million aliens fail to acknowledge that decades of high immigration levels has caused unemployment to rise significantly, most particularly among black Americans.

They further fail to consider how current plans to add 33 million more legal workers within ten years will have an enormously disastrous effect on our nation’s jobs outlook.

The Black American Leadership Alliance’s (BALA) is planning a protest march in DC.

Black Leaders Plan to Protest Illegal Alien Amnesty :: The Black Sphere

Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM

The problems we already have are not fixed so why do you suppose that Obama and Democrats favor legalizing 11 million illegal immigrants?

Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
You will not answer what else you talk about? So people should only know you by the color of your skin.

Is that not what this thread is about, genius? Try to stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies