Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
And I resent that Democrats claims that blacks can not do like the rest of us and get proper voting ID. So YOU should be mad at the people who keep making these claims. If we are constantly told that blacks can't do this or blacks can't do that, especially when they makes claims "it's too difficult" what are we supposed to believe?
I'm mad at anyone who has resentment towards Black people, because they are going to make my life harder. If you say Democrats are saying this, then you shouldn't resent Black people at all.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
ya, just sick of these blacks are discriminate against threads. Trying to have it both ways.

One minute blacks claim it's discrimination to require a voter ID because it's too hard for them. Would you hire someone that can't complete a voter registration because they claim it's too hard? That's pretty basic.
Someone's ability to work is not connected to or correlated with their right to vote. Every American should have reasonable access to voting, and the fact that the Republicans are trying to curtail this access points to their odious agenda of disenfranchisement.

Many people in the inner city and other areas where those of color reside have problems getting to the polls (especially when early voting options are limited), finding birth certificates, getting transportation to city, county or state offices, and fighting layers of bureaucracy.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:17 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Someone's ability to work is not connected to or correlated with their right to vote. Every American should have reasonable access to voting, and the fact that the Republicans are trying to curtail this access points to their odious agenda of disenfranchisement.

Many people in the inner city and other areas where those of color reside have problems getting to the polls (especially when early voting options are limited), finding birth certificates, getting transportation to city, county or state offices, and fighting layers of bureaucracy.
Right to vote? And birth certificates are easy to obtain. And if you can't get transportation then how can you get to a job? Just sayin

Old 06-04-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Right to vote? And birth certificates are easy to obtain. And if you can't get transportation then how can you get to a job? Just sayin
Yes, right to vote. I believe you brought up the issue of voter ID, which was pretty much a nonissue until the Republicans decided to make it one.

Actually, birth certificates are not always easy to obtain, especially for seniors from the South and from Puerto Rico.

I'm still trying to figure out what jobs have to do with this, but in any event, access to jobs is a problem as well for urban dwellers who have no cars. Public transportation from the city to the suburbs is often very poor and doesn't function well for those who need to work far from where they live.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, right to vote. I believe you brought up the issue of voter ID, which was pretty much a nonissue until the Republicans decided to make it one.

Actually, birth certificates are not always easy to obtain, especially for seniors from the South and from Puerto Rico.

I'm still trying to figure out what jobs have to do with this, but in any event, access to jobs is a problem as well for urban dwellers who have no cars. Public transportation from the city to the suburbs is often very poor and doesn't function well for those who need to work far from where they live.
So you are saying that if you go to vote a conservative or republican will stop you, intimidate you?

And yes, birth certificates ARE easy to get. Each state and US possession has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificates on other vital records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all US

Here you go, find your state and apply

http://usgovinfo.about.com/gi/o.htm?...v/nchs/w2w.htm

Oh here you go, one for Puerto Rico

Oh here you go, one for District of Columbia

Wow, that was really, really, really, REALLY hard. So you claim that is hard, so what will tell an employer is too hard?

You see, the poor say "I can't" and give excuses. The successful say how can I and do what needs to be done.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:15 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock
Are African American's discriminated against because they have dark skin, or something else?
No its because PEOPLE ARE STUPID/IGNORANT FOOLS!!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:

When I was just starting out I bought a $300 clunker. It got me to a job until I was able to save and get a better car. See, no one starts out with a BMW or Mercedes. Funny, you claim that it's a problem for "urban dwellers" but my job required me to drive "INTO" the city.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
When I was just starting out I bought a $300 clunker. It got me to a job until I was able to save and get a better car. See, no one starts out with a BMW or Mercedes. Funny, you claim that it's a problem for "urban dwellers" but my job required me to drive "INTO" the city.
All I will say to you regarding this post and the earlier one is that like many from the Right, you have no clue what you are talking about. How are you supposed to insure a clunker when it costs upwards of $3,000 a year in some places for bare bones insurance?

Old 06-04-2013, 04:12 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
I've always wondered why whites hate blacks so much. There's more than a mere superiority complex at play here.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:13 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I've always wondered why whites hate blacks so much. There's more than a mere superiority complex at play here.
This kind of hatred dates all the way back to the days of slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies