Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,518,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you believe Jesus is a Conservative....now which sports team does he really support the most?
Hw waasn't a conservative either.

Look how government treated him, his family, his disciples. Look what he said about government officials, tax collectors, lawyers.

It's freakin' obvious he had no taste for mortal governments. He even says so. In Luke, if I remember right.

What the hell, when he was born an Angel appeared before Joseph and told him to ignore the law and flee to Egypt. Proving that God is on the side of those that ignore government decree.

And then government ended up killing Jesus in the end. So why would he support government at all? Especially Democrats or Repblicans that are only interested in expanding government.

You know, it was a capitalist, the innkeeper, that offered Mary and Joseph a place to stay. He could of easily 'gouged' prices since all the rooms were full. And he surely knew taking them in put a price on his head. No mention of him even charging them and no hesitation in letting them stay. No mention of his name even. Maybe the most important person that ever lived and we don't even know his name. I always found that interesting. Jesus' birth proves capitalists are heroic and government officials are evil.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,518,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Matthew 19:21
Mathew 19:21. The one verse that people use to act like Jesus had a problem with the wealthy and materialism.

In case you didn't notice, the guy he was talking to acquired his wealth via government edict. He was a lawyer and politician. He had changed the laws to his advantage to acquire money for himself. When Jesus says the "eye of the needle" line to this youngster he is talking about thieves, not the wealthy. He was telling a thief to make amends for stealing buy giving away the stolen property to the poor. He doesn't care that a guy like Bill Gates has money.

What about his birth? He was given gold, myrrh and frankincense. The 3 most expensive gifts of the time. No mention of its refusal. No mention of the Wise Men being sinners for not donating it to charity. The gift was accepted with gratitude. They wouldn't be able to receive those gifts in 2013 America because they wouldn't be able to afford the taxes on them.

And then, of course, there was the lady that gave Jesus a bottle of cologne before the government crucified him. His followers specifically told Jesus to sell it and give the money to the poor. He told them that the lady worked hard to buy it for him and he accepted it with gratitude. In the Bible it sounds as if it were a joyous occasion. Proving that Jesus has no problem with conspicuous consumption.

Do us all a favor. Stop finding one verse in the Bible and misinterpreting it to fit your pre-conceived agenda as the big government types do. You sound like the anti-gay crowd. In reverse.

Last edited by OhioRules; 04-02-2013 at 07:56 AM..

Old 04-02-2013, 08:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,701,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
It's amazing how the 'intellectual' left claims to think of God as a myth yet they become apoplectic in their attacks on Him.
One would think since the title of the thread was clear, those who think God is a myth would have stayed away. But no........they have to come in and rage. If they're so intellectual, why don't they have the sense to stay out of threads that don't interest or please them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Yes they're making so much money from our gullibility you'd think they'd learn to make more movies like "The Bible" instead of their usual liberal propaganda fare that for the most part bomb out with audiences. Oh well.

There's only one messiah for them- King Obama.
I've no clue where they got the idea they made money off me. As usual, they'd be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Sadly, this is true. Equally sadly, many non-believers, i.e. atheists, spread their own poisonous vitriol.

I was a believer for 18 years, an atheist for 10 years, and have been a believer again now for 36 years (and will be for all eternity) so have lived both perspectives. Atheism is as valid a belief system as Christianity, and certainly neither Christians or atheists (or any other ism's or ist's) hold the high ground on morality.

Throughout all these years, I've never felt the need to vilify or condemn those who don't share my beliefs.
Think and let think. Believe and let believe. Say and let say.
The God bashers aren't intellectual enough to stay out of threads about The Bible.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-03-2013 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 04-02-2013, 09:20 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,717,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Still 10 million not a bad number when you take into account how the secular progressives have waged an all out war on Christianity.
What's there to be progressive about? My country is a secular nation that has been fouled by religious nut jobs trying to ram their sorcery into our laws.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,717,997 times
You have to love the news...

Quote:
In its fourth week, the History Channel's "The Bible" miniseries has maintained strong ratings above 10 million viewers, continuing to hold the title of most watched television program from 8 p.m.–10 p.m. on Sunday evenings.
That aside, one doesn't have to believe in the religious aspects of the bible, to appreciate the historic value. It's a major part of history.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,350,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I appreciate you making my point. You and the other self-anointed Mensa members think that only those who lack intellect believe in God. Attacks can be subliminal. Your post proves that.
Where do you see Mensa members??

Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,856,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One would think since the title of the thread was clear, those who think God is a myth would have stayed away. But no........they have to come in and rage. If they're so intellectual, why don't they have the sense to stay out of threads that don't interest or please them?
Coincidentally, I was going to ask the same question of you. I've seen you posting and raging in threads that don't interest or please you either.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,701,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Coincidentally, I was going to ask the same question of you. I've seen you posting and raging in threads that don't interest or please you either.
links, please.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Perhaps it's simply because many people seem to focus on religious matters on certain holidays...and then put religion down until the next holiday comes around.
That's about 90% of Christians. And that number is conservative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
those hollywood liberals are making money off the ad space on that show. Im sure theyre so enraged that theyre banking off the stupidity of the gullible.

lol.
LMAO...if i were in Hollywood making decision, i'd make a religious movie every month.
Quote:
Yes they're making so much money from our gullibility you'd think they'd learn to make more movies like "The Bible" instead of their usual liberal propaganda fare that for the most part bomb out with audiences. Oh well.
True...they should take in as much money from the gullible like yourself as they can. I would...laughing all the way to the bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
People have very short memories. Calls of a religious awakening occur every few years or so. The same stuff was said when the Passion of the Christ was released. Nothing changed.
Right. Once the Passion went out of theaters, we were all immediately reminded why Mel Gibson is a pathetic joke. But he behaved himself long enough to make 700 million bucks before he inevitably showed his ass. Funny how these same Christians wouldn't hold him accountable for his anti-semitism and Holocaust denials when his movie came out...they quickly forgot that point. But they still get angry at Jesse Jackson for saying "Hymietown" almost 30 years later.

Guess it pays to be a white anti-semite instead of a black one. LMAO..
Quote:
"The Bible" Jesus was portrayed by a Hispanic actor with brown eyes, but that's still not enough to placate the racist liberals who won't be happy until Jesus is shown as Arabian black.
Yea, well i don't care one way or the other, but you Americans Christians have been portraying him as a Norwegian for a few centuries now. So don't act as if race isn't important...white Christians assume, even if it's only in the back of their minds subconsciously, that they're worshipping a white god and you KNOW it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
I have been told by a few on here it isn't possible to be a Christian AND believe in science.
It isn't. They aren't compatible no matter what you say. Sure, you can BELIEVE in both as long as you remain naive about how mutually exclusive they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
If you think Jesus would identify himself as a liberal today then yes, you haaven't studdied Jesus in ant great detail. That is obvious.

P.S. When did he condemn materialism?
LOL...didn't take you long to endorse materialism, did it?
Quote:
Hw waasn't a conservative either.

Look how government treated him, his family, his disciples. Look what he said about government officials, tax collectors, lawyers.

It's freakin' obvious he had no taste for mortal governments. He even says so. In Luke, if I remember right.

What the hell, when he was born an Angel appeared before Joseph and told him to ignore the law and flee to Egypt. Proving that God is on the side of those that ignore government decree.

And then government ended up killing Jesus in the end. So why would he support government at all? Especially Democrats or Repblicans that are only interested in expanding government.

You know, it was a capitalist, the innkeeper, that offered Mary and Joseph a place to stay. He could of easily 'gouged' prices since all the rooms were full. And he surely knew taking them in put a price on his head. No mention of him even charging them and no hesitation in letting them stay. No mention of his name even. Maybe the most important person that ever lived and we don't even know his name. I always found that interesting. Jesus' birth proves capitalists are heroic and government officials are evil.
Which only goes to the point that one doesn't need Christianity to have morals since the innkeeper showed himself to be charitable and couldn't have possibly been a Christian!

Thanks.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
He also had many words of condemnation for tax collectors and lawyers.
Some of those words were very kind. Matthew was the tax collector who prayed in silence. Jesus said God heard his prayers and was justified, while he critisized the Pharisee who prayed for the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies