Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,952,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
His history of finding radicals to listen to, befriend, and work with and as a politicians,, it all makes it our business. He can blame himself
When he is seated in the pews, that is between he and his god...

are you christian? If you are not, then I can understand your judgement...If you are, I dont understand your hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,044,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When he is seated in the pews, that is between he and his god...

are you christian? If you are not, then I can understand your judgement...If you are, I dont understand your hypocrisy.
Of you have such an issue with it, take it up with him or the fraud preachers he chooses, or the radicals he has been attracted to.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Of you have such an issue with it, take it up with him or the fraud preachers he chooses, or the radicals he has been attracted to.
Are you a christian?

Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times
Christians are to judge actions, behavior, attitudes, etc. but not the individual. So, asking whether someone is a Christian without understanding what it means to be a Christian is moot.

Christians are supposed to be discerning, which involves judgment. Most secular people can't discern between the two. They love to quote "thou shalt not judge" without understanding what it means.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The preacher calling these CEO's "captains" is not that inaccurate, these CEO's control the republican Tea Party like captains. These CEO's decide where the Tea Party protests. When these CEO's want the Tea Party to protest some event, all they do is make a cell phone call.
The Democrats have their CEOs as well. Let's be honest about it.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I think it's a fact, every president since Madison attended that church but I haven't heard anybody kick up a stink about it before now. Right wingers today hate President Obama and love to whine about anything he does and that IS a fact.
I don't recall criticism of the church. It's the pastor's choice of subject matter, and attack on conservatives on Easter, no less, that is the subject of discussion.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:47 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,739,885 times
Quote:
And how Godly, to use Easter Service as a means to attack a political side. Jesus would be so proud.... Pastor my ass. What a fraud. But how FITTING for Obama to be at such a service. He fits right in.
Oh this is rich. No the righties would NEVER use Easter as a means to attack a political side...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...elebrates.html

Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Christians are to judge actions, behavior, attitudes, etc. but not the individual. So, asking whether someone is a Christian without understanding what it means to be a Christian is moot.

Christians are supposed to be discerning, which involves judgment. Most secular people can't discern between the two. They love to quote "thou shalt not judge" without understanding what it means.
It was a simple question?

Your belief, and how to practice your faith, is your business...your pathway.

So lets be crystal clear; when others judge our actions, behaviors, and attitudes, they are decerning? correct?

Seems there are two cheeks, one on either side.

What is it called when one claims rights and priveldges, then does not extend those same rights and privelges to others...I cant think of the term?

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 04-02-2013 at 06:05 AM..

Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Isn't it funny that the right wing media never attacked George W Bush for his relationship with Rev. Leon!
Is there any evidence that he has said anything like this before?

Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It seems like its impossible for 0bama to find a church that does not consist of a liberal, and a political partisan for a pastor.
You forgot racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies