Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:40 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are kidding, right?

Obviously, all the above noted problems of Obamacare were discussed in great detail before it was "deemed passed".
It was sarcasm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It was sarcasm.
lol, I thought maybe a liberal was waking up. I just got my taxes due and want to get sick. I now have no choice I have to lay someone off. Oh I can hear you all attack and say I am wrong but it is what it is. I tried to keep them but it doesn't make sense anymore. Thanks you sickening liberals. The employee thanks you too.

Let the attacks begin but I don't fricken care anymore!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,519 times
As the CEO of Kaiser Insurance recently alluded too, the American Health Care system is bringing this upon itself. Our crappy government response just adds to the problems. And his conclusion: either a full government take over or rationing is inevitable.

Course the graphs in the other healthcare cost thread (from the Washington Post) don't help the cause for our health care system either.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Who could have possibly predicted all of this????
Anybody with half a brain.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:55 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
As the CEO of Kaiser Insurance recently alluded too, the American Health Care system is bringing this upon itself. Our crappy government response just adds to the problems. And his conclusion: either a full government take over or rationing is inevitable.

Course the graphs in the other healthcare cost thread (from the Washington Post) don't help the cause for our health care system either.
We need to cut the Pentagon budget 20% and go to a single-payer UHC system.

Once we clean the teabaggers out of Congress in 2014, President Obama will be able to finish the job he started. Insurance companies need to be completely removed from the picture. They increase cost without adding value of any type.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I think perhaps the healthcare type has played a great aprt. this isn't your 1950's healthcare. That is why managed healthcare is comig just like in all coturies. Of cousre abilty to pay o your won will mean a difference just like in other managed care systems.Other countires have faced the docotr shortage as we see by preplacig them with other proviers in mior or at elast tguht to be minoe health problems. one can see the numbers of monor care commerical palces in large pharmacacy relyig on computer connected with doctors if needed now.The same care given by most doctors in the 50's at same level can be gotten at those.Its beyond that elevl where the high cost comes in.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,452 times
Incidentally, the projected shortage is of Primary Physicians and has only marginally to do with Obamacare.

Rather, the problem has to do with a very large aging population that, necessarily, demands more primary care physicians.

Next, only 2% of medical students express any interest in becoming primary physicians - for a variety of reasons ranging from disproportionate burn-out rates, longer work hours than most subspecialties, lower compensation than most subspecialties, incredible bureaucracy with obtaining insurance approval for absolutely everything, etc. All of these issues make this profession very undesirable.

If you were to spend many years and tons of money to get a degree, would you rather work in a field that potentially pays you $400,000 a year or one that pays you $75,000? Exactly!

The affordable care act certainly adds to the problem because it adds an even higher demand on this particular field. And yes, I think everybody knows that an increase in demand needs to be met with an increase in supply.

Unfortunately, outrageous costs of obtaining an M.D. make it absolutely impractical to pursue the general practitioner track. This, however, is NOT an issue caused by "Obamacare" - it is a systemic fault in our educational system.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, I thought maybe a liberal was waking up. I just got my taxes due and want to get sick. I now have no choice I have to lay someone off. Oh I can hear you all attack and say I am wrong but it is what it is. I tried to keep them but it doesn't make sense anymore. Thanks you sickening liberals. The employee thanks you too.

Let the attacks begin but I don't fricken care anymore!
It is good to know you have time to spend all of Thursday on City-Data while your "business" fails and you are forced to lay off employees all while blaming it on Obama.

Oh and thank you fuselage for giving a great answer for this thread.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is good to know you have time to spend all of Thursday on City-Data while your "business" fails and you are forced to lay off employees all while blaming it on Obama.

Oh and thank you fuselage for giving a great answer for this thread.
why the hell should I work to pay for lazy ass leaches. They are all greedy pigs always got hands out wanting what is not theirs pigs. And you expect me to feel sorry for them F### no, I don't. Tell them to keep the fricken legs closed. I am tired of supporting baby producers. Of course the men need to keep it in their pants if they don't want to pay for the consequences. Oh that is right, we are the fools who pay for their sorry asses. Feel sorry for them, no, they disgust me.

Tell them to WORK! instead of leaching off others. Not worth a thing, can do a thing, it's toooo harrrd. Is telling a lazy ass leach sucking money off other people racist? oh my, i am surprised word has not been added to the pc list.

Food stamp asses are not worth this ****.

I got a LIBERAL in my sites. gone!!!

I'm sure I will too after posting that these no good for nothing suck off everyone else doesn't deserve any respect.

Last edited by petch751; 04-04-2013 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
So, what's the point? Rather have millions without health care access?
I have faith in the free market. Medical schools will accept more applicants and graduate more doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies