Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sure you want to believe that, but I don't think you are a member as much as you are a mark of the NRA.
Here's the way I see it, bob.

I want to own guns. People like you and Barack Obama don't want me to own guns. In order for me to own guns I need a manufacturer to actually produce them. I also need someone to lead the fight and keep people like you and Obama who want to suppress my rights in check. I really don't care if the NRA is 110% in it for the money. I don't care if the NRA board of directors is somehow heavily vested in the gun manufacturing industry. It's a service that I'm willing to pay for to help maintain my rights. Besides, an NRA membership is like a AAA membership. There are numerous benefits included with the membership fee such as no cost life insurance as well as no cost firearms insurance. Then there's still the greatest benefit of all: The NRA pisses off people like you who want to supress my rights. That alone makes it well worth the price of admission. I'm a proud card carrying member and certified instructor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I've heard you and others make this statement many times. Could you please provide some information to back it up? Unless/until you can do that, nobody has any reason to believe that you're anything but a mean, vindictive person that would say anything, regardless of how truthful it may or may not be, to win an argument. I'm not saying that's the case, because I know you're an honorable man, but you really should either back this statement up or retract it, because 4,000,000+ members have a very good reason to disagree with you.
I don't know how anybody can say they represent their "members" when 75% of them favor controls. So who does that leave? Gun mfgs and sellers. It's simple deductive reasoning.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am not concerned about Alaska. If anything our State firearm laws are becoming even more "liberal." The State House just recently passed Alaska HB 24. HB 24 would recognize the right to use force, including deadly force, for self-defense anywhere a person has a legal right to be.
You are lucky. I'm here in California fighting the good fight. I will continue to fight for my civil rights in my state, though it is a losing proposition. Hopefully SCOTUS will take another case next session. I would live to be able to defend myself outside of my home.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
The most stupid thing about what she said is that anyone actually acknowledged it and is discussing it. Would you start a discussion over your 4 year old saying "it's not fair"?

Well, I suppose some would but she is just being a 4 year old here. Ignore her.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Here's the way I see it, bob.

I want to own guns. People like you and Barack Obama don't want me to own guns. In order for me to own guns I need a manufacturer to actually produce them. I also need someone to lead the fight and keep people like you and Obama who want to suppress my rights in check. I really don't care if the NRA is 110% in it for the money. I don't care if the NRA board of directors is somehow heavily vested in the gun manufacturing industry. It's a service that I'm willing to pay for to help maintain my rights. Besides, an NRA membership is like a AAA membership. There are numerous benefits included with the membership fee such as no cost life insurance as well as no cost firearms insurance. Then there's still the greatest benefit of all: The NRA pisses off people like you who want to supress my rights. That alone makes it well worth the price of admission. I'm a proud card carrying member and certified instructor.
Who says they don't want you to own guns? That could not be further from the truth.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I don't know how anybody can say they represent their "members" when 75% of them favor controls. So who does that leave? Gun mfgs and sellers. It's simple deductive reasoning.
Please cite the polling data that shows 75% of NRA members favored Feinstein's legisation.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Who says they don't want you to own guns?
The politicians do. Here is a clip taken strait from the horses mouth saying they want to take away all guns

Feinstein: 'Mr. and Mrs. America, Turn Them In!" (1995 Flashback) - YouTube

Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Who says they don't want you to own guns? That could not be further from the truth.
Please describe what you think the assault weapons ban that was proposed consists of.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please describe what you think the assault weapons ban that was proposed consists of.
I would be happy if they could figure out what an "assault weapon" is.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You are lucky. I'm here in California fighting the good fight. I will continue to fight for my civil rights in my state, though it is a losing proposition. Hopefully SCOTUS will take another case next session. I would live to be able to defend myself outside of my home.
It is precisely because of California's anti-gun laws that I moved to Alaska and immediately became an NRA Life Member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies