Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Feinstein can say what she wants, there will never be confiscation, no sane person believes that will occur.
How quickly we forget Katrina, where many gun owners had their guns confiscated. And Feinstein is the only one with the balls to admit their true agenda. Many others believe it, they just won't talk about it.

Don't forget the racists roots of gun control that sought to disarm blacks and other minorities. Many firearms were confiscated from blacks.
The Racist Roots of Gun Control

Not to mention The Deacons of Defense, who protected blacks in the south with firarms during the civil rights movement to overturn the same Jim Crow laws mentioned in the link above.
Deacons for Defense and Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They will not come for all the guns at once, first it will be the machine guns and short barreled rifles and shotguns, then the "assault weapons" then semiautomatic handguns then all handguns then any centerfield rifle with a scope since it is a "sniper rifle" then any rifle that holds more than one round then it will be all the rifles and shotguns and we will be totally disarmed. This will take decades to acomplish but it is the end game for gun grabbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
If we really had universal background checks with teeth for EVERY gun sale
What is a "universal background check with teeth"? Please describe the specifics of what you envision as the the "universal background check with teeth" system.

Quote:
they wouldn't be able to buy guns legally
You think gang bangers are obtaining guns legally?

Really??!?!

It's no wonder that the grabbers are so whacked out in their views. They actually think that common criminals and thugs are walking into gun stores and buying them all legal like and stuff.

Quote:
The same goes with owning and being able to purchase high capacity mags.
What does a standard capacity magazine have to do with gang bangers? They aren't using them. They're using handguns, and whatever magazine came with the gun when they stole it or purchased it from someone else who stole it.

Maybe you didn't get the memo (despite several months of it being shouted from the rooftops), but they're not using AR-15s and AK-47s to hold up liquor stores or perform drive bys against a rival gang. They're using handguns.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Feinstein can say what she wants, there will never be confiscation, no sane person believes that will occur.
There will never be confiscation because millions of gun owners refuse to let it happen and are completely paranoid over any further restrictions at all. We've kept what we have by fighting for it... it didn't just happen that way.

If we gun owners weren't clinging so tightly to our guns you can bet the gun grabbers would have made our gun control situation look exactly like the UK and Australia by now... and responsible gun owners in those countries lost theirs because they lost the political battle against their own gun grabbers.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You are a psychopath then. When I shoot cups and cans I pretend they are cups and cans. Plus you can take your cup back to the 'seve and get cheap refills so that kinda makes you a poor planner too.
Yeah. me and my millions of psycho homeboys can do all we needs to do, thanks to our good buds - the NRA!
Guns forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Yeah. me and my millions of psycho homeboys can do all we needs to do, thanks to our good buds - the NRA!
Guns forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
The NRA supports legal gun ownership as it stands now--meaning that you can buy one through a private sale, even at a gun show in many places, without a background check.
What's the fascination with gun shows??? I don't get it. A private sale is just that - private - regardless of where it takes place.

I bought a gun two nights ago from a private citizen (beauty, too - Sig P238 w/rainbow finish). We met in an Olive Garden parking lot. What's next? Requiring background checks for all private sales that take place at Italian restaurants? I've also bought guns in a gas station parking lot, pet store parking lot, 99 cent store parking lot... you get the idea. None of them involved a background check. None of them have been used for any kind of crime. ALL of the guns are legal, as were the sales of those guns.

Quote:
If the stronger background checks go through
What's a "stronger background check"? Details, please.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Did you draw that all by yourself?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'It's our right to buy what we needs' they chanted - as their millions in dollars made in drug sales blocked the oppressive gun sales laws. One gang member remarked - 'It's our Constipational right to buy guns - and shoot them too!'

How the NRA won
Yeah yeah... sounds like sour grapes to me....

The NRA didn't win, the American people won, the Constitution won, freedom won.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah yeah... sounds like sour grapes to me....

The NRA didn't win, the American people won, the Constitution won, freedom won.
This is, to a point, certainly true (at least for the moment), but consider this:

The people (and by "people," I'm mostly referring to gun owners and other 2A advocates) of New York didn't win; the people of Maryland didn't win; the people of Connecticut didn't win; the people of Colorado didn't win; and the people of New Jersey, California, Rhode Island and Massachusetts (am I missing any others?) will more than likely suffer similar assaults on their civil liberties, especially in the event of another prolific mass-killing tragedy that involves an unhinged lunatic with a Bushmaster (re-enter federal assault weapons ban, magazine limits, comprehensive databasing of gun owners, possible confiscatory provisions, etc).

Thanks to various state legislatures and gubernatorial figures, the grabbers are having their way with millions of law-abiding gun owners, and, regardless of whether or not they achieve passage of UBCs at the federal level, we can be sure that they'll continue to have their way with millions more via state legislation schemes.

Can we still rely on the courts?

God, I hope so.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How quickly we forget Katrina, where many gun owners had their guns confiscated. And Feinstein is the only one with the balls to admit their true agenda. Many others believe it, they just won't talk about it.

Don't forget the racists roots of gun control that sought to disarm blacks and other minorities. Many firearms were confiscated from blacks.
The Racist Roots of Gun Control

Not to mention The Deacons of Defense, who protected blacks in the south with firarms during the civil rights movement to overturn the same Jim Crow laws mentioned in the link above.
Deacons for Defense and Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They will not come for all the guns at once, first it will be the machine guns and short barreled rifles and shotguns, then the "assault weapons" then semiautomatic handguns then all handguns then any centerfield rifle with a scope since it is a "sniper rifle" then any rifle that holds more than one round then it will be all the rifles and shotguns and we will be totally disarmed. This will take decades to acomplish but it is the end game for gun grabbers.
Speaking of Katrina I seem to recall the good old boys guarding the bridge with their guns while some minority residents tried to escape the flood waters. Since when does one senator have the final say on gun control, where does it indicate they will confiscatre all weapons in the current legislation??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies