Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times

Advertisements

At this point who cares what Sarah Palin thinks?

Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
At this point who cares what Sarah Palin thinks?
Admittedly, I do. There is a certain entertainment value - both in Palin's utterances and in watching those who still white-knight for her. It's mostly schadenfreude and I'm not proud of it. But I am entertained.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Admittedly, I do. There is a certain entertainment value - both in Palin's utterances and in watching those who still white-knight for her. It's mostly schadenfreude and I'm not proud of it. But I am entertained.
I find Joan Rivers more entertaining and I really Hate her!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That turns out to not be the case, pertinent bit: "We the People are always stuck subsidizing the left’s “losers.”"

Again, what she actually said was:

Quote:
This is really just the latest manifestation of the administration's crony capitalism as their green energy buddies benefit from this atrocious waste of taxpayer money. Americans really need to get outraged by these wasteful ventures. As we’ve seen time and time again, We the People are always stuck subsidizing the left's "losers.
And guess what? She's correct. She's calling Fisker Automotive a loser (as it is, now that they have laid off 75% of their work force). And she's attacking the President's decision to fund boondoggles like Fisker, Solyndra and a multitude of other PC "green" companies that have gone TU...taking hundreds of millions in taxpayer dollars down with them.

She's also right about Tesla. There have been several road tests done by journalist, testing Tesla's claims about the cars range. It failed miserably every time, and Musk has thrown temper tantrums each time the newspapers (including the NYT) published the results of those tests. Fake Or Not, New York Times' Tesla Review Speaks Truth About Electric Cars - Forbes
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/au...tomobiles&_r=0

I've seen a few programs on alternative car companies that featured Musk and Tesla. From those documentaries, it was pretty obvious that the man was over his head. Not that he isn't smart enough, but he doesn't have the experience running a business as complex as an auto company, and didn't hire people with relevant experience.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
I guess she hasn't learned that Mr Musk builds spaceships the rockets to put them in space and he has the means to send humans into space as soon as he finds some guts in NASA to let him do so. Just think how much better it would be if he makes a sucessful electric car and we can do something about the big sucking sound of Big Oil has it Hoovers out our wallets and bank accounts.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Agitation propaganda - don't let facts get in the way !

Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Again, what she actually said was:
Yes. That's what I cited as well.

Quote:
And guess what? She's correct. She's calling Fisker Automotive a loser...

She's also right about Tesla.
So - you've abandoned the
Quote:
she said the American taxpayer's were losers
interpretation? She is in fact calling Elon Musk out as one of "the left's losers"? Glad we're in agreement.

Quote:
I've seen a few programs on alternative car companies that featured Musk and Tesla. From those documentaries, it was pretty obvious that the man was over his head. Not that he isn't smart enough, but he doesn't have the experience running a business as complex as an auto company, and didn't hire people with relevant experience.
The company is repaying its loans twice as fast as planned. If that's losing, we could do with more of it.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
This is really just the latest manifestation of the administration’s crony capitalism as their green energy buddies benefit from this atrocious waste of taxpayer money. Americans really need to get outraged by these wasteful ventures. As we’ve seen time and time again, We the People are always stuck subsidizing the left’s “losers.”
God forbid one of these Tesla cars drives over her Bridge to Nowhere.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:14 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
I think it is so cute how the leftwing moonbat nutbags are still jealous and angry over old Sarah

Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I think it is so cute how the leftwing moonbat nutbags are still jealous and angry over old Sarah
Hey, she's a talented individual. Not everybody can turn their 15 minutes of fame into a lifelong career of milking the rubes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies