Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,304,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Once again:

If a black American did this do would military spending increase?
If a black American did this would immigration talks change?

Those were the points you used.
While in this specific incident no, but I was using that in reference to muslims and it doesn't matter if they were American born Muslims or foreign born Muslims. You spent 3 post on an irrelevant point. Move on.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,128,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If the guy renewed his DL in the past few years then facial recognition will match him up against the DHS database.
they have dl on dhs databases?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,481,400 times
CNN and Boston Globe are reporting that investigators believe they have identified a suspect based on surveillance tape from a Lord & Taylor department store.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,382,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well that's because you actually read the article.

Back in the day whenever some major crime took place and there was a report on the TV or radio the first thing out of my grandmother's mouth would be "I hope it wasn't a colored man." because she knew full well that there was going to be hell to pay not just for the perpetrator but for the black community as a whole. That was more than 50 years ago but it is a sentiment that I share today. Everytime I read or hear of some horrendous crime, my first thought is, I hope it isn't a black man (especially since I started hanging out on this forum). For that reason the Muslim community would be insane not to pray that the perpetrator of the Boston bombing was a non-Muslim and a white non-Muslim at best. And I don't blame them.

When a news story about a potential serial killer or rampage killer comes up, I don't say to myself, "I hope it wasn't another white male." Instead I anticipate that it probably will be another white male, as is usually the case, and am left to ponder why it is the John Wayne Gacys, Gary Ridgeways, Columbine shooters, etc, are being spawned in the US these days.

Similary I think the 'Muslim community' would be better served to ponder why 9/11, Bali nightclub bombing, Berlin nightclub bombing, Spanish train bombing, London train bombing, etc. all happened and were all done by Muslim perps.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 AM

684 posts, read 1,123,308 times
Hate that hate makes.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM

602 posts, read 574,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
While in this specific incident no, but I was using that in reference to muslims and it doesn't matter if they were American born Muslims or foreign born Muslims. You spent 3 post on an irrelevant point. Move on.

I agree with you in that, if you are comparing an American doing this vs a foreigner doing this, then you would see the things you talk about.

My point is the Salon guy is purposefully bringing up "white guy" to get hits, be controversial and continue the "white, right wing" hate. You agree with him.

The point he is really trying to make is american vs foreigner.

No, I spent 3 posts helping you understand how you (and the doofus at Salon) are wrong.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,128,163 times
BREAKING: BOSTON (AP) - Law enforcement official: Arrest imminent in marathon bombing, suspect to be brought to court.

I have to be the most informative poster in CD

John King: "Arrest has been made"

Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Uh oh, appears it was a dark-skinned individual.
surfer dude?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
CNN is about to break substantial progress news on bombing ...just a tweet, haven't seen anything yet

Law enforcement source said "significant" info... no specifics yet. Sounds like video of suspect. Could be the pics we are seeing here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
CNN and Boston Globe are reporting that investigators believe they have identified a suspect based on surveillance tape from a Lord & Taylor department store.
^^^^^ This. Lord and Taylor is an upper end clothing store here in Mass.

Leave it to Wolf "Bahgdad" Blitzer to break this news of a "dark skinned male" placing a black bag on the street. Plus he revealed the name of the 3rd victim who was killed when her parents have asked that her name not be revealed.

An arrest has been made!!!!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,267,362 times
Breaking news: An arrest in the bombing is "imminent."

I just heard it on the radio, no link to provide, but supposedly it comes from John King at CNN.

I guess we'll see.

I also hope, if it's true, that they know who they're arresting and aren't going to jump the gun like they did in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies