Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
fyi - it doesn't start with a huge msnbc banner. It starts with a newser screen and the newser anchor. Did you watch it?

I think you must have only been watching Fox prior to the confirmation of the arrest... because they literally discussed it for a good 30 minutes. She was cautious prior to that confirmation.

News Outlets Run With False Boston Arrest Story - YouTube

Yes, I watched it. And I just reposted it again for you. Now, look at the screen, what do you see in an orange banner in the still shot?

I already said that I assumed it was from MSNBC from the banner, and if it wasn't, that's fine. It's doesn't change the point that it was a 5 second clip from a sentence in the video I posted where she said exactly what I originally posted.
If she confirmed it later, why didn't Newsy use that video? It would have been much more to their point than the "We're being told" clip they used.
Seriously, you are changing your story to try to make it fit. I watched all the coverage until 2:00 CST, then I had to pick up my kids at school.

I'm not going to respond to any more about this though because we are derailing the thread with this Who Shot John stuff.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

News Outlets Run With False Boston Arrest Story - YouTube

Yes, I watched it. And I just reposted it again for you. Now, look at the screen, what do you see in an orange banner in the still shot?

I already said that I assumed it was from MSNBC from the banner, and if it wasn't, that's fine. It's doesn't change the point that it was a 5 second clip from a sentence in the video I posted where she said exactly what I originally posted.
If she confirmed it later, why didn't Newsy use that video? It would have been much more to their point than "We're being told"
Seriously, you are changing your story to try to make it fit. I watched all the coverage until 2:00 CST, then I had to pick up my kids at school.

I'm not going to respond to any more about this though because we are derailing the thread with this Who Shot John stuff.
I'm not changing my story to make it fit at all. The beginning of that video is not an MSNBC banner (the still shot is the added in notation that they are showing video from MSNBC, just like they did with Fox)

Fox has since pulled the video from their website. You'll notice in the video you linked, she does not say what she says in the video that Newsy linked. I'll have to wait for more people who grabbed it to upload the entire thing.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,123,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Where did you come up with this and do you have a SHRED of proof to back up any of it? First--each and everyone of those shooters were bat crap crazy--they weren't politically motivated acts of terrorism. They were acts of mass violence for personal reasons. Second, I know you're politics are way off in at least one instance. The Connecticut shooters family were preppers.

Come back with some links outside of crazy right wing blogs and then we'll talk. Good grief...

EDIT--you based this on a crazy blog, just as I thought, and it's all been DEBUNKED. None of what you posted is true.
The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth - Tulsa FBI | Examiner.com
You wanted a list, you got a list. Never seen the blog or the one you posted.
Now for turnabout:
DO YOU have any proof other than some blog!

Interesting how your response to every one you admit to is "They don't count, they are crazy!"

What does preping have to do with politics? I know a family who (Misguided though they are) who store up food etc and both voted for 'the big O'

You'll have to send me a PM if YOU respond with any FACTS... I don't check in this forum often.

Good luck with that.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
I think MSNBC went way overboard this week on assuming it was an anti-government terrorist, but they didn't jump on the bandwagon of saying there was an arrest yesterday, and they were very critical last night of the networks that did. I was home sick yesterday and channel flipping all day between CNN, FOX and MSNBC. CNN was obviously by far the worst.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think MSNBC went way overboard this week on assuming it was an anti-government terrorist, but they didn't jump on the bandwagon of saying there was an arrest yesterday, and they were very critical last night of the networks that did. I was home sick yesterday and channel flipping all day between CNN, FOX and MSNBC. CNN was obviously by far the worst.
Surprising that MSNBC was the only one that got it right. But, Pete Williams is very good.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Surprising that MSNBC was the only one that got it right. But, Pete Williams is very good.
He really is an old school reporter, and I mean that as the highest possible compliment.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:22 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,799,958 times
Quote:
I flipped over to MSNBC when CNN reported a suspect was arrested for corroboration. I was glad to see Pete Williams resisted the jump on the bandwagon mentality that was running rampant.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:23 PM

155 posts, read 110,554 times
Quote:
Not to me. They were the only one that got it right about the SC and the ACA. Fox said the law was struck down and so did CNN. People on the right were celebrating President Obama's victory and didn't even know it.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

I don't watch MSNBC.
Although I do watch MSNBC, I have been living without cable TV (in the home) for a while, although it's available in the clubhouse. What happens is that one reporter says something and the story spreads like wildfire. The local channel I was watching early this morning showed John King from CNN reporting that there had been an arrest. It also showed other networks like Fox reporting incorrect information, although a few anchors decided to wait until the reports were confirmed.

It's all because of two words. "FIRST" and "RATINGS"

Everyone wants to be the first to report the news and they all want to have the highest ratings.

EDIT: By the way, I don't care which station it is. They all screw up at one time or another. So I am not defending MSNBC or any other network.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-18-2013 at 12:39 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Well, Jon Stewart didn't let it go to waste (no surprise):

Jon Stewart eviscerates CNN’s misreporting of Boston Marathon bombing case | The Raw Story

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies